Did a google search but couldnt get a definitive answer really? Seems it has an in-built thing where when it is overheating it warns you?
PS3 making funny noises!?
Collapse
X
-
PS3 making funny noises!?
Well, beeps actually. I have noticed this week that when the PS3 is on it makes a single beep sound every now and then. System remains on but I wonder if anyone has had the same problem and if it means that trouble is on its way?
Did a google search but couldnt get a definitive answer really? Seems it has an in-built thing where when it is overheating it warns you?Tags: None -
Re: PS3 making funny noises!?
Given the vents a good vacuum? Short of taking the thing apart, it might help. -
Re: PS3 making funny noises!?
I recommend taking it apart and cleaning it anyways!
So my PlayStation quit working after three years of heavy use. When I turn it on, it lasts for ~30 seconds before beeping 3 times, turning itself off, and flashing a red light until I physically power it off. :( Do not like! After a bit of research, it seems it's a situation called the Yellow Light of Death. ApparentlyComment
-
Re: PS3 making funny noises!?
Ha ha ha, I worked out what it was, and it wasn't the PS3! My missus bought a stopwatch for something, and left it in the front room, with the alarm on! So it beeps every hour! I worked it out when the beep happened whilst the PS3 was switched off!Comment
-
Re: PS3 making funny noises!?
hahahahahahaha!!!Comment
-
Re: PS3 making funny noises!?
:insert captain picard facepalm pic here:Comment
-
-
Re: PS3 making funny noises!?
Think I will put the hoover over the vents at the back - I'm not very techy and would worry that I would break it if I took the console apart.Comment
-
Re: PS3 making funny noises!?
I'd recommend at least taking the lid off and blowing it out that way... putting a vacuum over the vents probably won't do it. Plus, when I took mine apart all of the dust was in the front
Comment
Today's Birthdays
Collapse
[ms] Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 192,209
Posts: 1,238,524
Members: 53,135
Active Members: 32
Welcome to our newest member, jackfroster.


Comment