• Show
Clear All
  • simonr
    Transitionator
    • Jun 2004

Re: All hail Nick Warren !

Sounds like a good night !
    sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• sbando
      Going back to Romford
      • Apr 2008

Originally posted by chunky
      Listening to this now. I remember the day I bought this. I went out that night and ended up back at mine with this really fit bird doing the cleanest coke I have ever done at 7am on a Sunday
      So sweet!
      ╔══╗............/\_¸_/\
      ╚╗╔╝...........(=•_•=)
      ╔╝(¯`v´¯).......ღ***ღ.*
      ╚══`.¸. ...:::.(¯`•\|/•´¯) ☆*゚

Comment

• runningman
        Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
        • Jun 2004

OMG that Nick Warren set from Tel Aviv sounds exactly like Sasha's Guvernment, Toronto set from 2003.

No wonder it is good.

Comment

• arielus
          He's back, in Pog form
          • Jun 2004

top dj
          enjoyed every minute of his music in creamfields buenos aires
          http://www.myspace.com/hernancattaneo
          http://www.facebook.com/hernancattaneo
          http://www.soundcloud.com/hernancattaneo

Comment

• floridaorange
            I'm merely a humble butler
            • Dec 2005

Listened to one of his most recent soundgardens up in the mountains of North Carolina, and wholly sh*t it was sublime!!!!!!

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• NID
              Addiction started
              • Sep 2008

when were you in the mountains of NC Boss? Should have told me, we should have hung out...twat.

Comment

• floridaorange
                • Dec 2005

^

I was in Newland and the Banner Elk area for 4 days over the Presidents Day weekend... I think I mentioned it in Random Thoughts or TGIF or somewhere Would have been fun to have gotten together. Iffy how far do you live from Newland / Linville Falls?

Comment

• dig72
                  Gold Gabber
                  • Nov 2004

Nick Warren is THE man. I realised right after listening to his GU 03 Prague, which was given to me by a very good friend many years ago, that I was hooked to his sound, style which still continues to this very day. The amount of awesome tunage that he is able to find and play out over the many, many years is simply amazing.

He is fearless in the club and will play out tracks that may seem a little odd or even out of place during live gigs, but always seems to get away with it. And as lovers of music, we are always going to be better off musically because of it. Making a dark club heave and clubbers losing their shit, is what he does best and I’m always left highly inspired, whenever he has finished tearing it up behind the decks. He always appears to be enjoying himself and is more than happy to have a yarn when he's done.

Personally, I have changed in many ways over the years and for better I believe. And I owe all to this music, culture and amazing people who I have met, conversed with, not only in Australia but in other countries that I have had the blessings, opportunity to visit with over the years.

And it’s all thanks to Mr Warren.
                  “A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear.”
                  Marcus Tullius Cicero

Comment

• NID
                    Addiction started
                    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by floridaorange
                    ^

I was in Newland and the Banner Elk area for 4 days over the Presidents Day weekend... I think I mentioned it in Random Thoughts or TGIF or somewhere Would have been fun to have gotten together. Iffy how far do you live from Newland / Linville Falls?
                    I live in downtown Asheville, which is about an hour from Linville Falls. Could have easily made it up to see you. Rob (from in Plain Sight)'s family lives in Banner Elk and he goes up there quite often. Next time you're here call me and I'll show you Asheville.

Comment

• floridaorange
                      • Dec 2005

I can hardly wait to hear his new mix Keep the reviews coming, it's great to hear all the different takes on it... so far the reviews have been super positive.

Comment

• Nusystem
                        Getting Somewhere
                        • Oct 2005

His new Balance is absolutely shit. BSPF from about 6 years ago... As for the mastering of it, whoever did it must be fucking stone deaf...

Comment

• DIDI
                          Aussie Pest
                          • Nov 2004

And this ???
                          Originally posted by TheVrk
                          it IS incredible isn't it??
                          STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
                          Simply does not get any better than Hernan
                          The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• floridaorange
                            • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Nusystem
                            His new Balance is absolutely shit. BSPF from about 6 years ago... As for the mastering of it, whoever did it must be fucking stone deaf...
                            Now the scale has gone from super positive to decent

Comment

• mades
                              Gold Gabber
                              • Jun 2008

Don't believe everything you read. If mastering would be fucked up, at least 1 out of 10 reviews would mention it. None did. As for BSPF, an acronym which was relevant 10 years ago, whoever complains about Nick sets just doesn't know him. Warren is very consistent when it comes to what he plays or how his compilations sound.

Comment

• Nusystem
                                Getting Somewhere
                                • Oct 2005

Re: The mastering. It really is shocking. Completely over compressed, then overly 'excited' on the mid and highs and then maxed for loudness.. Virtually every drum on it is distorted as a consequence.

Listen to it through headphones to get a feel for how bad it is, your ears will be ringing afterwards...

Comment

Working...