Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • neoee
    Platinum Poster
    • Jun 2004

MJ start working out. It works wonders to help you quit smoking. I still smoke, by choice, but I've cut back to only 2 a day (one on the way to work and one leaving). When I started going to the gym I just stopped feeling like I wanted a smoke. Don't know if others have experianced this but its made a big difference for me.

BTW good luck
    "They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security." -Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• MJ
      Here since 2002
      • Jun 2004

Re: Let this time be remembered..

^^ Ive done exactly that sir, my mum has a little gym in the small building round the back of her house. I now go do a one hour workout most night`s on the way home from work. I feel great for it.
      mjwebhosting you know it makes sense

Silentium est aureum

Comment

• picklemonkey
        Double hoodie beer monster
        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by mayan_guy
        what's your problem dude...cigarettes are so much worse for you than weed!
        I don't smoke cigarettes, and never have smoked cigarettes.

I still think about smoking...stilll dream that I am smoking...in my mind, I will always be a smoker. But you have to want to quit! It's the only way. If you keep telling yourself...oh my god...I haven't smoked in X number of hours/days...that's stoopid. I think the mentality you need to have is "I'm glad I quit...what was I thinking".
        That's how I felt/feel about pot. my 2 years don't compare to your 14 years of cigarettes, but it's still the same principle... all my buddies kept trying to get me to smoke with 'em but I had to keep telling them (and myself) that I don't smoke any more.

It's definitely a mindfuck, but you just have to stick to it. If you want to quit, you'll quit.

Comment

• MJ
          Here since 2002
          • Jun 2004

^^ i read your previous post as thouh you`d been/are a smoker just like mayan. If you aren`t then you realy have no idea how difficult it is to quit man, and don`t even begin to think you do. Mayan said it`s the hardest thing he`s evey had to do and i truely beleive him.

Silentium est aureum

Comment

• ubiqe
            Platinum Poster
            • Jun 2004

And what will happen after WMC? You have to get a more internalized motivation than that... I can see you at WMC thinking - I've done it so I deserve one cig. And that will be the beginning of the big fall. Make yourself really hate it and that will be the best way. Go out running, work out or whatever - it certainly helps. And get some friends that don't smoke! You'll never want to smoke in their company as much as you would when you're with smokers.
            Good luck anyway.

Comment

• Hos
              Are you Kidding me??
              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by picklemonkey
              what's your problem dude...cigarettes are so much worse for you than weed!
              I don't smoke cigarettes, and never have smoked cigarettes.

I still think about smoking...stilll dream that I am smoking...in my mind, I will always be a smoker. But you have to want to quit! It's the only way. If you keep telling yourself...oh my god...I haven't smoked in X number of hours/days...that's stoopid. I think the mentality you need to have is "I'm glad I quit...what was I thinking".
              That's how I felt/feel about pot. my 2 years don't compare to your 14 years of cigarettes, but it's still the same principle... all my buddies kept trying to get me to smoke with 'em but I had to keep telling them (and myself) that I don't smoke any more.

It's definitely a mindfuck, but you just have to stick to it. If you want to quit, you'll quit.
              you're having a laugh, right? weed isn't addictive, only if you were skinning up with tobacco you'd get addicted to the nicotine. if were skinning up pure there's no addiction whatsoever. so if you have never smoked a ciggie you have no idea.
              black is the new black www.mercuryserver.com

Comment

• Jenks
                I'm kind of a big deal.
                • Jun 2004

^exactly. no physical addiction with de hempage. not even in the same league as nicotine...which is more addictive than heroin.

Comment

• Morgan
                  Platinum Poster
                  • Jun 2004

^ Very true, much harder to quit especially as every shop sells cigs.

Weed is only addtictive in you mind.
                  "Pain is only weakness leaving the body."

Comment

• ubiqe
                    Platinum Poster
                    • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Morgan
                    Weed is only addtictive in you mind.
                    yes, but isn't it what we're talking about?... By the way, alcohol is also very addicitve and there's never so much fuss about is about drugs...

Comment

• picklemonkey
                      Double hoodie beer monster
                      • Jun 2004

I've smoked cigarettes, but not enough to get "addicted." I'll just shut up, because my opinion doesn't matter since I obviously have no idea what an addiction is like.

Comment

• Hos
                        Are you Kidding me??
                        • Jun 2004

no way pickles, you're addicted to wanking. that counts.
                        black is the new black www.mercuryserver.com

Comment

• chemicalbeavis
                          Are you Kidding me??
                          • Jun 2004

I've smoked cigarettes, but not enough to get "addicted." I'll just shut up, because my opinion doesn't matter since I obviously have no idea what an addiction is like.

not a nice place mate

Comment

• MJ
                            Here since 2002
                            • Jun 2004

No one has said your opinion doesn`t matter, what they have said is you have no idea how it is to quit smoking beacuse you have never been a real smoker. The only people who know how hard it is are people that have smoked properly.. by that i mean at least maybe 20 a day and for a few years.

Honestly pickles it`s not fucking easy man.

Silentium est aureum

Comment

• Steve Graham
                              DJ Jelly
                              • Jun 2004

good for you MJ.. i have a few friends that have quit cold turkey. one girl used to smoke over a pack a day.. quit last new years, and never looked back.. 13 months and going strong.
                              i cant even imagine how difficult it is.. best of luck.
                              i imagine one of the hardest things will be going out to a pub or a club.. stay strong mate!

Comment

• rubyraks
                                DUDERZ get a life!!!
                                • Jun 2004

man after reading this entire thread I'm going for a cigarette..see you later guys...hehe

by the way, I've tried quitting a minimum of 3 times, once even made it to 6 months, but after all the weight I put on it depressed me (oh and I was working out regularly) and I started again. I will say though that I will be quitting this year...I've really had enough and those damn prices too.

I just don't get that part of it, I understand that cigarettes are bad for me and they may kill me, but why do I have to pay a fortune to the government for that...aren't they physically expensive enough? Bastards!
                                "Work like you don't need the money.
                                Love like you've never been hurt.
                                Dance like nobody's watching.
                                Sing like nobody's listening.
                                Live like it's Heaven on Earth."

Comment

Working...