Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • res0nat0r
    Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
    • May 2006

Re: Multiculturalism Hasn't Failed - It's doing exactly what it's designed to do

^^SHUT THE FRONT DOOR. wut???

Comment

• bobjuice
      Banned
      • May 2008

Re: Multiculturalism Hasn't Failed - It's doing exactly what it's designed to do

Daily Mail? pffft

Comment

• Shpira
        Angry Boy Child
        • Oct 2006

Originally posted by 88Mariner
        how about laying out why you could go either way? one argument for, one argument against? i just want to see why it's difficult to make the decision on this.
        Well its important to respect all cultures and religions. Even if they arrive from abroad people should be allowed to learn their own history and study in their own language. In fact it should be encouraged that we study each others culture...but the reality (in London at least) is that you have people who have been here for more than 5 years and don't speak a word of English, they function completely separately from the rest of the society; some contribute very little in real terns and raise their children in a similar manner...so you end up with parallel societies and there is very little social cohesion. An answer as always is somewhere in the middle...we need to assure that the different cultures within our society are protected but we must assure that some basic values of OUR society are applied as those ARE presumably the reasons people move here in the first place...i.e. freedom of speech, thought, religion etc.
        The Idiots ARE Winning.

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."
        Mark Twain

SOBRIETY MIX

Comment

• Shpira
          Angry Boy Child
          • Oct 2006

Originally posted by bobjuice
          Daily Mail? pffft
          yeah I agree but...http://uk.reuters.com/article/2011/0...71401G20110205
          The Idiots ARE Winning.

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."
          Mark Twain

SOBRIETY MIX

Comment

Working...