X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Balanc3
    Platinum Poster
    • Jun 2004

Steve Porter vs. Stephen Porter

Ok, everyone knows house legend Steve Porter and his extensive resume as dj/producer/remixer. Caned by Chris Fortier, Porter's phenominal talent has gained him recognition across the globe. He is part of Balance Promote Group, a collective agency that is home to artists such as Sasha, Digweed, Desyn, JZ, Luke Fair, Infusion, JvM, Burridge, and Lawler to name a few. The man is holding strong as we await the release of his next album 'Homegrown.'

And then there is Stephen Porter, Irish DJ/producer caned by BluRoom Group. Honestly, until I visited the Bluedust website I had never heard of the guy. I checked his site www.stephenporter.co.uk thinking it was a new alias to the real Steve Porter and have found he also has an impressive background. He hosts Inertia @ Porter's bar which apparently has hosted guests such as Paolo Mojo, Desyn, Kasey Taylor, Slacker, Futureshock, Ashley Caselle, Radio 1 and some cheesy trance DJ's. He has also released several productions under the BluRoom label and has a nice list of future events planned for '05. After reading his bio I wasn't impressed, he sounds like your average dorm room DJ gone Ibiza. He's obviously been doing something right to get picked up somewhere along the way.

I'm hoping some of you can give some feedback on some of his productions. He has a mix available for listen on his site, and I've been scouring the web for some tracks and mixes with no luck. After being mind fucked by the whole BluRoom/Blue Room Project thing, I'm wondering if this is yet another ingeneous marketting fassad created by BluRoom. It helps to have such a legendary name in the game. Until now I assumed the only DJ Steve Porter was from Boston! I was deceived by the same blasphemous mimicry that once made gold records.

JourneyDeep .into the sound
  • tiddles
    Encryption, Jr.
    • Jun 2004

are you stoned?

Comment

• Balanc3
      Platinum Poster
      • Jun 2004

but of course. Isn't that a requirement for posting such pointless gabber?
      JourneyDeep .into the sound

Comment

• tiddles
        Encryption, Jr.
        • Jun 2004

heh

Comment

• galo
          Getting Somewhere
          • Jun 2004

Re: Steve Porter vs. Stephen Porter

stephen is a dj and producer based on derry or l'derry in northern ireland. He makes up one half of piosion dwarf and runs the night inertia(they have desyn playing this friday night). I have heard some of the new stuff coming from the guys and it is quality prog. There are a couple of his mixes on www.sonic-rhythms.com, there is also one of my last mixes on that website too

hope this helps

Comment

• Morgan
            Platinum Poster
            • Jun 2004

Steve "irish" Porter is also an MS memeber and on Bedrock.
            (or was)

Blu room are cnuts IMO.
            "Pain is only weakness leaving the body."

Comment

• Huggie Smiles
              Anyone have Styx livesets?
              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Morgan
              Blu room are cnuts IMO.
              The record label, not the band!! hehehe

And its Londonderry......
              ....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....

Comment

• Pataky P
                asdf_imo
                • Jun 2004

Heheeheee!!! Nice topic this!! I like it!!!Tanks the links!!

Comment

• galo
                  Getting Somewhere
                  • Jun 2004

sorry i just read the thing about blueroom, and just to conform that Stephen Porter does exist and has nothing to do with the running of blueroom records,(he did however have a record signed to the label)

Comment

• stephen porter
                    Getting warmed up
                    • Feb 2005

galo informed me about this post and i'd just like to make a few things clear as my name is getting slanderized a little i think.

firstly i am Stephen Porter,a 25 year old DJ,Producer and Promoter from Derry,Northern Ireland. I have been DJing 12 year and have been organising my inertia parties for the past 4 years-we had james holden play for our 4th birthday on the 17th December & have Desyn Masiello playing this weekend,i will be warming up.

I have been producing music for the past 3 years and had a track due for release on Blu-room records "Poison Dwarf - Wasting Away". We also remixed Schmuel Flash's Can't Stop The Music for Blu-room's Lather Rinse Repeat Label-I have no ties with the label apart from producing and they dealed with some of my DJ bookings.We have tracks signed to Matt Samuel's label Innovate and a few other things in the pipeline NONE HAVE BEEN RELEASED YET.

I felt i had to defend myself and if you read my biog on my site all my info is there-you can call or email any DJ's that are mentioned and they will verify what i have said.

This response was necessary as i feel i had to defend my name,i am not a myth-i have DJ'ed under my own name for 12 years-so i thought it would be cheesey to change it.

PS-The Cheesey Trance DJ's played for Radio 1's One Big Weekend NOT INERTIA !

www.inertia-ireland.com for any doubters

in the meantime please check this mix to see that i do exist-it's on my mates website :

this mix is available now to download here :

Webs.com has been shut down on the 31st of August 2023. Find out what that means for your site and how to move it to another provider.

if anyone needs a cd PM me - if you are going to DF at the weekend or to Porter's next week i'll throw you a copy there

stephen porter january 2005 mix
                    "planet fucked!"

1-Tristan Polar - Boobcube - Epsilab
                    2-Yann Fontaine Project - Motifs - Slip & Slide Blue
                    3-Dash Dude - The Telivision Saga - The Radio Diet - Morris Audio
                    4-Neville Watson - The Nightlife EP - No Fussin - Mighty Atom
                    5-Michael Mayer - Amabile - Kompakt
                    6-Patrick Turner - Right there - Agave Records
                    7-Scott Pace & Paul Peredes - Where We At - Mouthful Music Chicago
                    8-Michael Mayer - Heiden - Kompakt
                    9-Patrick Turner - Right there - Agave Records
                    10-Nathan Fake - Bored Of House - Saw Recordings
                    11-Michael Mayer - Funky Handicap - Kompakt
                    12-Abe Duque - What Happened Feat Blake Baxter -Abe Duque Records
                    13-Tiefschwarz - Misch Mash EP - Drama Society

Samples & FX Used
                    - Pack of wolves accapella.
                    - Computer Noise FX
                    - Countdown and Rocket accapella
                    www.myspace.com/karranandporter

Comment

• picklemonkey
                      Double hoodie beer monster
                      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by stephen porter
                      galo informed me about this post and i'd just like to make a few things clear as my name is getting slanderized a little i think.
                      glad we cleared that up

Comment

• rewing3
                        I really don't care
                        • Jun 2004

What they hell was the issue here besides that Balanc3 was really stoned when he started this topic about nothing. Dude lay off the pot man. LOL.
                        Common Sense is not Common at all.

Comment

• galo
                          Getting Somewhere
                          • Jun 2004

this issue has to do with blueroom records who have been accused of doing some bad things

check

for info on that. what the original post was asking if (irish)stephen porter was a real producer or if it was blueroom records trying to promote themselves by linking themselves to (usa)steve porter

Comment

• stephen porter
                            Getting warmed up
                            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by rewing3
                            What they hell was the issue here besides that Balanc3 was really stoned when he started this topic about nothing. Dude lay off the pot man. LOL.

conpiracy theories are us! paranoia rocks

glad i found this site-will be posting here more often.
                            www.myspace.com/karranandporter

Comment

• MJ
                              Here since 2002
                              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by stephen porter
                              glad i found this site-will be posting here more often.
                              You may also want to check out the sister site to this one sir.

Mercury Promote is always looking for DJ`s, Producers and promoters. It`s pretty new but it`d be good to have you around.
                              mjwebhosting you know it makes sense

Silentium est aureum

Comment

Working...