X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • runningman
    Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
    • Jun 2004

Re: Oil Going to $200

The media marketing campaign is in full effect. I just watched the Detroit news for warning Americans that gas prices are going to go up by 40 cents in the coming weeks.

I am convinced now that this is a media hyped event and that actions in Libya have very little to with the actual cost of gas at the pump in North America.

Saudi Arabia is the key. I hear that there is going to be a massive eruption in Saudi Arabia on March 11th.

Localizer - Making the market nervous is pure speculation. These are traders doing this. This has nothing to do with oil coming out of the ground.. Nothing. Goldman Sachs and JP Morgan are at it again. Only monster firms like that could do what is going on here. You can't take one line out of the whole report (that backs me 100%) and try to reverse it to aid you. Nice try but the headline states that SA has no problem pumping out more oil to cover Libya. Basically admitting that this is market manipulation going on.

It said nothing about hedging or danger.

Comment

• res0nat0r
      Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
      • May 2006

Originally posted by runningman
      The media marketing campaign is in full effect. I just watched the Detroit news for warning Americans that gas prices are going to go up by 40 cents in the coming weeks.

I am convinced now that this is a media hyped event and that actions in Libya have very little to with the actual cost of gas at the pump in North America.

Saudi Arabia is the key. I hear that there is going to be a massive eruption in Saudi Arabia on March 11th.

Localizer - Making the market nervous is pure speculation. These are traders doing this. This has nothing to do with oil coming out of the ground.. Nothing. Goldman Sachs and JP Morgan are at it again. Only monster firms like that could do what is going on here. You can't take one line out of the whole report (that backs me 100%) and try to reverse it to aid you. Nice try but the headline states that SA has no problem pumping out more oil to cover Libya. Basically admitting that this is market manipulation going on.

Are you able to breathe right now?

Comment

• runningman
        Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
        • Jun 2004

Ya I'm fine. I'm actually thinking this has something to do with the US dollar. All barrels are traded in US dollars

Comment

• res0nat0r
          Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
          • May 2006

It's been explained over and over how it works here in the real world....if you can't grasp that, well then there isn't much else to argue about...

Comment

• runningman
            Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
            • Jun 2004

I'm not arguing. Your real world is shit and a lie... I'm with Charlie

Comment

• Localizer
              Platinum Poster
              • Jul 2004

Uh, what? Ahh, I see now. I'm not allowed to use a line from your article that explicitly states exactly what I mentioned. That would be damaging to you because you didn't read your article properly. And yes, there is speculation. That is how commodities work. You hedge against future potential issues. That is why it is called 'futures.' If there is a fire around wheat fields, prices go up. If there is a monsoon in India, rice prices will go up. You know what the biggest factor in futures are? Uncertainty. It doesn't matter if Saudiland can fix the loss with 'supply', what matters is what else is going to go on in the world that will affect the supply.

The head of the Paris-based IEA did however express concern about oil prices hitting $100 per barrel on concerns at the problems in Libya and the popular unrest across the Middle East and North Africa.

"We are concerned about what is happening in North Africa and the Middle East. That is making the market very nervous about future interruptions," the IAE chief admitted.[/quote]

It's more than clear what it says there. If you can't understand what that says, well then, I don't think anyone can help you with the reading issues you're having.
              Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so.
              -Bertrand Russell

Comment

• runningman
                Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
                • Jun 2004

no it didn't. It is making the market manipulate

Making the market nervous is just jive talk for "let the manipulation begin"

Funny signature.. you should use it and reflect sometimes

Comment

• runningman
                  Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
                  • Jun 2004

Like Jesus guys do you ever try to scratch the surface of the news? Ask yourselves why this is happening? Who benefits?

Comment

• PROG
                    Gold Gabber
                    • Aug 2005

Originally posted by Jenks
                    I could completely destroy you with historical knowledge on this one, but at the end of the day, you're not worth the time i'd spend ripping your weak assumptions to pieces.

care to share?

Comment

• i!!ustrious
                      I got some N64 Games Yo!!
                      • Mar 2008

fucking sonofabitch dude. what the fuck is going on>?

all i see is raging, pisT folks at gas stations, me included one a bad day. prob not the highest in state prices (idk)... but what a buster CA. fuel costs a shitload here; and a fat grip of weekly flow (drainng my assets dry) obviosuly due to fillin the tank so much by commuting, and distance. it's gnarly: observing the spwrawlng urban zerg rush and housing development zoned as of late is bogus. when (or what discovery/technological advance will snuff out our dependence on this foul and limited resource) the fuck can we find something better than oil? i guessi shoudl go robin hood theory on the suckers in power. but no. they had to hoard the $$$$$. all while the rest of the world is choked broke

just by going to work, school, etc. ...i jack up the milage on the benz in mad excess, ffs. lol, leasing cars is not that bright. i never lease cars... but f it... the vital percs that come with a high profile ride keeps nosy coppers, riding dirty, ready to harass my ass... owned dimwit coppers. idgaf about 5 0. regardless of the former vent, the way street and freeway infrastructure --- of which is a total clusterfuck --- drives traffic down right irate in southern california, is just fucking lovely! cocksmoking road ragers EVERYWERE.

whatev. i need some sleep. peace out
                      Last edited by i!!ustrious; March 7, 2011, 02:06:44 AM. Reason: punctuation*
                      (((( }-d|-__-|b-{ ))))

Comment

• runningman
                        Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
                        • Jun 2004

I know people are starting to lose their minds here as well. A lot of very angry people filling up their gas tanks.

Comment

• Shpira
                          Angry Boy Child
                          • Oct 2006

Originally posted by i!!ustrious
                          fucking sonofabitch dude. what the fuck is going on>?

all i see is raging, pisT folks at gas stations, me included one a bad day. prob not the highest in state prices (idk)... but what a buster CA. fuel costs a shitload here; and a fat grip of weekly flow (drainng my assets dry) obviosuly due to fillin the tank so much by commuting, and distance. it's gnarly: observing the spwrawlng urban zerg rush and housing development zoned as of late is bogus. when (or what discovery/technological advance will snuff out our dependence on this foul and limited resource) the fuck can we find something better than oil? i guessi shoudl go robin hood theory on the suckers in power. but no. they had to hoard the $$$$$. all while the rest of the world is choked broke

just by going to work, school, etc. ...i jack up the milage on the benz in mad excess, ffs. lol, leasing cars is not that bright. i never lease cars... but f it... the vital percs that come with a high profile ride keeps nosy coppers, riding dirty, ready to harass my ass... owned dimwit coppers. idgaf about 5 0. regardless of the former vent, the way street and freeway infrastructure --- of which is a total clusterfuck --- drives traffic down right irate in southern california, is just fucking lovely! cocksmoking road ragers EVERYWERE.

whatev. i need some sleep. peace out

what was it like before you edited for "PUNCTUATION"
                          The Idiots ARE Winning.

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."
                          Mark Twain

SOBRIETY MIX

Comment

• runningman
                            Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
                            • Jun 2004

Comment

• runningman
                              Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
                              • Jun 2004

Wow you couldn't be more wrong. If the factory next to mine catches fire I can't charge more money for my widgets because there was danger near by. The only thing that could affect prices would be if half my factory got burned down and I could only produce half the widgets. Then my supply couldn't meet the demand therefore driving prices up because of its rarity.

What next a fire is near the factory in silicon valley so computer prices triple? Danger might be near. Guess what it is a dangerous world out there!

Resonator if you compare the intellect between my posts and yours it is quite obvious you don't have a clue about business, economics, or reality for that matter.
                              Here

Comment

• Localizer
                                Platinum Poster
                                • Jul 2004

Here
                                Here:

commodityonline is an exclusive B2B marketplace for finding genuine Agri commodity buyers and sellers across India.

I guess you quite haven't figured out the difference between your silly example and what a commodity actually is.
                                Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so.
                                -Bertrand Russell

Comment

Working...