Unless it's radiology, manufacturing medical devices, or medical transcription, jobs in medicine are pretty much within US boarders. No one has to buy a new mode of transportation every year either. Last I checked, people still have vehicles that are beyond 10 years old. You can use all the scare-tactics and bullshit you want to get your point across. All it does is show that you're more interested in browsing the internet rather than moving yourself forward in a more positive direction. And fyi, I'm against cap n trade and have always been and I'm also pissed off about what obama did with graduate loans, but I'm not going to sit around and have self-pity. It just means I have to work harder, and I like that challenge.
Medicine will always be lucrative, especially for inpatient specialists and internists. But then again, if you went into medicine for money, that would be the idiotic choice as there are far more jobs which take less stress and time to achieve higher salaries. I sit at 8.5% before sallie mae was taken over going into my 1st and 2nd semester, of which, I had to pull out more to pay back the interest on that. I now sit at 6% for my current loans. I've found some new fields that will be exploding by the time I get farther down the road.


Comment