X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FM
    Wooooooo!
    • Jun 2004

Qadaffi Remix

Gaddafi has long been known for his flamboyant fashion and rambling rhetoric. But as opposition forces have taken control of much of Libya, Gaddafi’s public appearances have gotten increasingly aggressive and bizarre.

Last week he delivered a nearly hour long speech, replete with fist pounding and threats to clean Libya inch by inch, street by street.

Now a hip hop remix of the speech has gone viral on the Internet and has become a sort of anthem of the Libyan opposition. And if that alone doesn’t sting Gaddafi, here’s another twist: the DJ who made the song is from Libya’s arch enemy.

This Israeli-fuelled revolution is no Mossad spy operation. It’s the brain-child of 31 year old musician Noy Alooshe.

------------
    You can't make this up! That notwithstanding, if your own national TV cuts away from your speech, it's definitely boring as all get out (even I couldn't get through much with the translation) - oh and no hip-hop it's al trance...

"Zenga Zenga" - the new theme when Libyan dictatorship falls
    FM

"Nowadays everyone is a fucking DJ." - Jack Dangers

What record did you loose your virginity to?
    "I don't like having sex with music on- I find it distracting. And if it's a mix cd- forget it. I'm stopping to check the beat mixing in between tracks." - Tom Stephan

Download/Listen To My Mixes
    Facebook!
    A Journey Into Sound On MCast

Satisfaction guaranteed, or double your music back.
  • DIDI
    Aussie Pest
    • Nov 2004

Re: Qadaffi Remix

^^^
    Originally posted by TheVrk
    it IS incredible isn't it??
    STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
    Simply does not get any better than Hernan
    The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

Working...