• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jenks
    I'm kind of a big deal.
    • Jun 2004

Re: Libya

Originally posted by Shpira
    I don't I have spend the day reading peoples comments on varies news outlet sights and one thing that strikes fear into my heart is how many uninformed, arrogant, nationalistic, racist, chauvinist assholes there are world wide.
    Oh man. This is the worst. From comments left in my local online paper, to global outlets.

A person is smart, "people" are stupid.

Comment

• vinnie97
      Are you Kidding me??
      • Jul 2007

^As long as you didn't speak out against taking out Saddam whose body count far outweighs that of Qadaffi, then we're good. ;-) Man is a species but his sense of self and his (many times lacking) ability to forecast the consequences of his actions (along with the concept of conscience) put him at a level above the rest of the species. That doesn't mean he won't act selfishly or in his own best interest at the expense of others. All one has to do is look at a child whose will has yet to be broken.

Comment

• runningman
        Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
        • Jun 2004

people are stupid ONLY because the media lies to them..

Democracy's Strength—An Informed Public

Comment

• res0nat0r
          Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
          • May 2006

Originally posted by runningman
          people are stupid ONLY because the media lies to them..
          Srsly? Check out the Truther thread which is great evidence against this statement.

Comment

• runningman
            Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
            • Jun 2004

I did check it out.. The media has lied to you my friend as they always do.

Iraq - Afghanistan- Libya - the same

Comment

• Kamal
              Administrator
              • May 2002

shpira, I hear what you're saying, but by that account, history should become the sole determinant factor of all future actions? and humans should just not be given a chance to correct themselves based on mistakes of the past?
              www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
              he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
              Originally posted by ace_dl
              Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
              I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• Shpira
                Angry Boy Child
                • Oct 2006

correct themselves??? Are you fucking serious? The war in Iraq is still going on and you are talking about correcting ourselves! We should tidy up our home before we go around trying to fix the world. put all the fuckers in jail that deserve it and publicly shame all the war criminals we have in our own countries before we go on yet another moral crusade.

He's wrong though, animals aren't better than us, we ARE animals. The difference is knowing we're animals and expecting people in power to take advantage of opportunity, or blindly thinking we're not animals and we're actually going forward as a society towards a better world. I'm a fatalist in world view, i believe there is no hope for humanity (and this could be an entirely different thread if you want to get into evolution of species and animal instincts). So taking this one little slice moment of time, I've got no problem taking out a terrorist dictator who is oppressing his people and btw who also downed a plane full of Americans many years ago, regardless of how many other atrocities are being committed every day by other people in power taking advantage of their own situation all over the world, as sad as that is. Disgusting, yes, but the way this one is being written out so far, I don't have any beef with it and I also don't have much control over it. World peace is a pipe dream, a figment of everyone's imagination, humanity can never achieve that, we're not wired that way. So in that sense, I think you take each issue as it comes, knowing you can't/won't solve every world problem.
                as for the above post by Jenks...its a valid point of view but this whole argument is a cop out in my opinion. We need to take responsibility for the world we live in. WE created this and WE can change it...saying its our nature is accepting things as they are and not trying to change anything...it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy.
                The Idiots ARE Winning.

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."
                Mark Twain

SOBRIETY MIX

Comment

• Kamal
                  Administrator
                  • May 2002

There we go with the US/Bush agenda and history lessons again. Yep, let's make Bush everything that is wrong with the US today and let's just all sit back and become silent spectators to atrocities of the future. It's like that retarded pro-Bush arguments you hear people make "the country hasn't been any safer since President Bush, we haven't had another attack like 9/11."

Well put me in a dress and call me Susy.
                  www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
                  he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
                  I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• Shpira
                    Angry Boy Child
                    • Oct 2006

No...it has nothing to do with Bush and you are the one who mentioned history. It has to do with the fact that you have the same bunch of people in control and they were not punished for doing what they did before and now they are going to do it again. That is the definition of insanity you know...doing the same thing twice and expecting a different result. You can believe that something has changed if you will...but change is a sloooowwwww process.
                    in order to correct a mistake you must first admit to making one...I have not heard anyone in the government say anything near the truth about either of the two wars the country you live in is involved in now. The same will manifest itself as the truth about Libya in a year or two I am sure.
                    Again, a lot of you seem to disregard what people say just because they happen to be critical of the country you live in...why??? What the fuck is wrong with you? Are you not supposed to improve the quality of your democracy with criticism and critical thinking? Or have you given up on that and accepted that whatever your country does must be correct?? I don't understand you at all.
                    The Idiots ARE Winning.

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."
                    Mark Twain

SOBRIETY MIX

Comment

• Kamal
                      Administrator
                      • May 2002

If you read back in this post, you will have probably noticed a collection of things I don't give too much of a shit for, including politics in general and what the US stands to gain from it. So no I am not disregarding your comments about the US just because I live here now, I just want Ghadaffi out of power. Let's just agree to not see eye to eye on this one.
                      www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:

Comment

• Shpira
                        Angry Boy Child
                        • Oct 2006

Oh i think he shouldn't be in power...but not this way.
                        Ok...agree to disagree...
                        The Idiots ARE Winning.

Mark Twain

SOBRIETY MIX

Comment

• vinnie97
                          Are you Kidding me??
                          • Jul 2007

Yup, he's out of power and then effing what? Iraq and Afghan quagmire extended into another country.

Comment

• Kamal
                            Administrator
                            • May 2002

well let's swallow this new pill we've unpacked first aye?
                            www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:

Comment

• DIDI
                              Aussie Pest
                              • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Shpira
                              No...it has nothing to do with Bush and you are the one who mentioned history. It has to do with the fact that you have the same bunch of people in control and they were not punished for doing what they did before and now they are going to do it again. That is the definition of insanity you know...doing the same thing twice and expecting a different result. You can believe that something has changed if you will...but change is a sloooowwwww process.
                              in order to correct a mistake you must first admit to making one...I have not heard anyone in the government say anything near the truth about either of the two wars the country you live in is involved in now. The same will manifest itself as the truth about Libya in a year or two I am sure.
                              Again, a lot of you seem to disregard what people say just because they happen to be critical of the country you live in...why??? What the fuck is wrong with you? Are you not supposed to improve the quality of your democracy with criticism and critical thinking? Or have you given up on that and accepted that whatever your country does must be correct?? I don't understand you at all.
                              Thank you for this and your previous posts . Like a breath of fresh air.
                              Originally posted by TheVrk
                              it IS incredible isn't it??
                              STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
                              Simply does not get any better than Hernan
                              The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• vinnie97
                                Are you Kidding me??
                                • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Kamal
                                well let's swallow this new pill we've unpacked first aye?
                                You go right ahead...up next: Iran, Yemen, Bahrain, Syria....

Comment

Working...