So, what ever happened to Lonestar "New Kicks"?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hypoluxxa
    Are you Kidding me??
    • Jun 2004

So, what ever happened to Lonestar "New Kicks"?

Any of you have any news of what ever became of this OLD jem? Do any of you still care?
  • Jimmy
    Getting warmed up
    • Feb 2005

Re: So, what ever happened to Lonestar "New Kicks"

It was suposed to get out in Bedrock , but it got released in MNS , so the deal with bedrock got cancelled , and that is why Derek Howell made another ep(2X12) for Bedrock. That's the story i 've heard
    Nothing is like something u really loved!

Comment

• krelm
      Addiction started
      • Jun 2004

Somebody posted here last year that it had been signed to Pure Substance Records (Andrew K's label). This seemed pretty solid. Although whether it was still going to be released was questionable - I saw a post by Andrew somewhere online to the effect that it had gotten out on P2P which might hurt its chances of an actual vinyl release.

I've seen both Andrew K and Joshua Michael on this board, so maybe one of them will clarify...

Even if it is too "old" and spread via p2p for a proper vinyl release, I would hope that at least it gets out on EDM Digital. Fucking brilliant track.
      Broken Symmetry on mcast.mercuryserver.com

www.krelmatrix.com - archives & mixes
      www.myspace.com/satansfluffer - general tomfoolery

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
      - Stimutacs

Comment

• Jibgolly
        Vortexuralizor
        • Jun 2004

it was ripped out of the February 2004 Essential Selection mix when digs played it.
        was also ripped from the Beirut set.
        something that fucking hott is bound to be pirated.
        people were expecting it to be out on vinyl back then.
        i'd certainly still buy it if i came across it at the shop.

Comment

• hypoluxxa
          Are you Kidding me??
          • Jun 2004

I would have bought 3 copies, but I never had the chance. I still want the track though.

Comment

• djsethnichols
            Addiction started
            • Jun 2004

regardless of p2p sharing...that's not vinyl.

The people that are going to buy the vinyl, are going to buy the vinyl regardless of the mp3 situation. I don't see why that should hold them back from atleast 1000-2000 copies being pressed.
            https://t.me/pump_upp

Comment

• Troggers
              Getting warmed up
              • Jun 2004

Yeah, I never really got the deal with not putting out vinyls because of the track getting on p2p networks. An mp3 is great for checking what a track sounds like, but I can only feel truly at ease when I have the vinyl in my record box. I've got tons of mp3s around that I only keep until the tunes get a proper release on vinyl so I can buy them. Only vinyl has any worth in my eyes.

Comment

• romanek
                Getting Somewhere
                • Jun 2004

OK i am waiting for this song too.
                It will be out in several months to come on Pure substance recordings as you all know.

PSR005

At the moment i am waiting for PSR003 Fitalic ep. So don t worry; after a few months we will be able to play it as vinyl

greetz from romanek

Comment

• skahound
                  Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                  • Jun 2004

It took quite some time for this track to hit P2P on a broad scale. I would venture to estimate that from the time this track first appeared in the Feb Hot Mix of last year, it was another 5-6 mos before an 'edited' version, ripped from that set (or Beirut) hit P2P mainstream. Anything that takes that long to come out is bound to be pirated. Someone wasn't doing their job by letting this beauty go unsigned for so long, especially with the amount of hype surrounding it.

I had read some time ago on the GU board that Derek wasn't happy with what was being thrown at him by the labels and decided to shop it around. Whether that's true or not, I don't know, it's just what I read.
                  A good shower head and my right hand - the two best lovers that I ever had.

Comment

• FiFrota
                    Getting Somewhere
                    • Jun 2004

kids don't understand that unreleased tracks can't b floating around in slsk keep em unshared at least!

Comment

• djsethnichols
                      Addiction started
                      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Troggers
                      Yeah, I never really got the deal with not putting out vinyls because of the track getting on p2p networks. An mp3 is great for checking what a track sounds like, but I can only feel truly at ease when I have the vinyl in my record box. I've got tons of mp3s around that I only keep until the tunes get a proper release on vinyl so I can buy them. Only vinyl has any worth in my eyes.
                      I hear ya

mp3's & CDs are to easily lost in the shuffle...a vinyl is there, complimented with nice artwork to make it standout in the bunch.
                      https://t.me/pump_upp

Comment

• hypoluxxa
                        Are you Kidding me??
                        • Jun 2004

Not to flog a DEAD horse... Any news? Do any of you "In the Know" out there hear anything? please P.M. me or reply.

Cheers.

Comment

• skahound
                          Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                          • Jun 2004

I give up. I'm guessing that this thing will never see the legitimate light of day. I would still die to hear it on a proper system though.
                          A good shower head and my right hand - the two best lovers that I ever had.

Comment

• stefanosmessinis
                            Fresh Peossy
                            • Jun 2004

I have posted an reply to another thread as well but it doesn't matter since...

Lonestar - New Kicks (Original - remix) (I don't know by this time who is going to remix this gem) is going to be released on 3 Beat Records in June.
                            This is confirmed..not just a rumor...so be patient.

For more details follow the http://www.globalunderground.co.uk/f...ic.php?t=20026

Comment

• romanek
                              Getting Somewhere
                              • Jun 2004

Re: So, what ever happened to Lonestar "New Kicks"?

but will it be released as vinyl???

That s the question.

i could only find it as mp3 :cry:

cheers romanek

Comment

Working...