Seeing Sven Vath and Richie Hawtin tomorrow night...just wanted to bitch about it...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DIDI
    Aussie Pest
    • Nov 2004

Re: Seeing Sven Vath and Richie Hawtin tomorrow night...just wanted to bitch about it

Paste and match style. He must have gone on the wrong nights. The top room is just a big room , although the sound is good. The restaurant area is great ! But as I said, a lot depends on the promoter. The Darkbeat/Sunny nights, and Zabiela was one of those , are really well done . Steve of Sunny is absolutely fanatical about the sound being right and it usually is. And he does some amazing things, with the decor sometimes although I must admit if the sound is right I don't notice much else. They do have multiple screens happening though.
    Originally posted by TheVrk
    it IS incredible isn't it??
    STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
    Simply does not get any better than Hernan
    The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• Illuminate
      DUDERZ get a life!!!
      • Aug 2009

Re: Seeing Sven Vath and Richie Hawtin tomorrow night...just wanted to bitch about it

Restaurant, definitely awesome!

Yeah sound is crucial, but at the end of the DJ doesn't know much about it well no matter how expensive your speakers are its a bleeding ear.

Paste and match style - gotcha....new around here.

The One contains the Many, and the Many contains the One:
      Sbando
      - You Will Be Missed.

"Mankind has the propensity to fuck itself up on anything it lays its hands on."
      Feather

"Who moderates this forum and makes these decisions? Stevie Wonder?"
      Bob
      "i'd give her a muscle she doesn't have "
      the banned1

"I love you Illuminate... that's divine/creator/God in me loving the origin of you."
      KiwiTollway

Comment

• DIDI
        Aussie Pest
        • Nov 2004

^^^ I didn't understand that for moment. Did you think Steve was a DJ ?? He is a promoter, they bring in sound/vj guys/girls and Steve wanders around all night making sure they are doing it right
        Originally posted by feather
        You haven't club in Melbourne yet? Come on!

Brought a Sydney colleague to party in Melbourne and he loved it! We hit Billboards for Sasha and then Brown Alley around 4am in the morning, ended up trying to get back to the hotel at 3pm from some random suburb
        That was a really good night. !!! Btw they still haven't turned down the sound at Billboards!! Always the biggest complaint about any show there.
        STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..

Comment

• feather
          Shanghai ooompa loompa
          • Jul 2004

DD that was awesome, I'll have to plan another night out when I visit Melbourne.

I think on the whole Melbourne just has more and better venues than Sydney. Sydney's scene is more pub/flashy bars than clubs. (I do love the Cricketers.)

Chinese Laundry has a shit layout and is too claustrophobic. Melbourne's basement equivalent would be Billboard which is a lot more spacious, has a biggish flat dancefloor with a stage, and extends way back where the bar and seats are.

The Civic is decent but the basement sound system is no good, the ground level feels like an afterthought. The Melbourne equivalent would be the Brown Alley which is really the Colonial Hotel on Lonsdale and King. The difference being Colonial is 3 levels, the ground level has a high ceiling that extends up the 2 levels.

PS. I work in Shanghai and clubbing is even shittier here. Sydney is heaven compared to this. The only decent club is Shelter and a bar called DaDa.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
          a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
          Originally posted by m1sT3rL
          Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• DIDI
            Aussie Pest
            • Nov 2004

Which night is the pic from ??

Comment

• feather
              Shanghai ooompa loompa
              • Jul 2004

I dunno, I googled

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
              a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
              Originally posted by m1sT3rL
              Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• Illuminate
                DUDERZ get a life!!!
                • Aug 2009

Originally posted by DIDI
                ^^^ I didn't understand that for moment. Did you think Steve was a DJ ?? He is a promoter.
                No, no meant nothing of Steve, was just generally commenting on some DJ's in general who don’t know how to control the highs and lows. Not claiming myself as a second born digweed, I have no skills in this field but hate the hipsters who think heaps of bass is what draws the crowd.

The One contains the Many, and the Many contains the One:
                Sbando
                - You Will Be Missed.

"Mankind has the propensity to fuck itself up on anything it lays its hands on."
                Feather

"Who moderates this forum and makes these decisions? Stevie Wonder?"
                Bob
                "i'd give her a muscle she doesn't have "
                the banned1

"I love you Illuminate... that's divine/creator/God in me loving the origin of you."
                KiwiTollway

Comment

• DIDI
                  Aussie Pest
                  • Nov 2004

I'm sure there are Djs like that in Melbourne, fortunately I don't have clue where they play

Comment

• DIDI
                    Aussie Pest
                    • Nov 2004

Just found out they play at Brown Alley

Sound was pretty awesome, and I have never heard such bone crushing bass in a club as I heard on Friday!

Comment

Working...