X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kinetic
    Platinum Poster
    • Jun 2004

John Digweed yesterday @ Lux, Lisbon

I donīt really know what to say... Iīll just post some videos and say : somewhere, sometime, this man made a pact with the Devil himself.

The vortex is as alive as itīs ever been. How can a human being lay down such a carpet bombing of pure evil and filth?

Had it been longer that the 3 hours it lasted, I would have called this the best DJ set Iīve seen, or will ever see, in a lifetime.

BTW, on the 4th video, the guy throwing the devil horns is me.

More videos to come... in the meantime, judge for yourselves...
    "I play music at people" - Surgeon

http://soundcloud.com/kineticdj
    http://djkinetic.official.fm
  • jackdaniels
    Addiction started
    • Aug 2008

Re: John Digweed yesterday @ Lux, Lisbon

Tough beats....can't beat diggers when he's in destroyer mode.
    sigpic

Comment

• juicebox
      Fresh Peossy
      • Mar 2011

An unbelievable set, consistent as expected and dark..very very dark. I dont think I'd ever heard Digweed play this tone for this long but it was blissful to witness and enjoy! Best set I'v been to.

I believe the first video shows the first or second track...when you start off like that, the crowd bows down and the man takes control.

Comment

• simonr
        Transitionator
        • Jun 2004

Vids sound great .. John was on form at Circus a couple of weeks back - looks like he's getting warmed up for the WMC (now I wanna go !!).

I've got Bedrock, Arches & Circus looming .. but all seem ages away. So also looking into his NYC date.
        sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• sakio pod
          SALAD TOSSER
          • Jun 2004

STOAKED!!!! for vagabond!!! bring it!!!1

Comment

• kamtchaka
            Getting warmed up
            • Aug 2007

Quite a different set from what he presented 2 weeks prior in Porto @ Gare Club.

I've been in the two clubs and definetely the one at Lux (Lisboa) was all Digweed. Dirty, dark, devil.

As all good things... they seem to end quickly, and was the only thing to point out as negative. 2h30/3h or set... NOT ENOUGH.
            Music is what Feelings sound like!

www.facebook.com/kamtchakaPodcast | www.soundcloud.com/kamtchaka

Comment

• feather
              Shanghai ooompa loompa
              • Jul 2004

Damn.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
              a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
              Originally posted by m1sT3rL
              Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• Kinetic
                Platinum Poster
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by kamtchaka
                Quite a different set from what he presented 2 weeks prior in Porto @ Gare Club.

I've been in the two clubs and definetely the one at Lux (Lisboa) was all Digweed. Dirty, dark, devil.

As all good things... they seem to end quickly, and was the only thing to point out as negative. 2h30/3h or set... NOT ENOUGH.
                You should post your videos here, man Or else Iīll post them myself later tonight

Comment

• Kinetic
                  Platinum Poster
                  • Jun 2004

Originally posted by juicebox
                  An unbelievable set, consistent as expected and dark..very very dark. I dont think I'd ever heard Digweed play this tone for this long but it was blissful to witness and enjoy! Best set I'v been to.

I believe the first video shows the first or second track...when you start off like that, the crowd bows down and the man takes control.
                  As far as I remember, that track with the french spoken word was the 3rd track, the first 2 were more "dreamy" and groovy, but yeah, when that one dropped, I knew I had better brace myself for what was to follow. Very different from the full-on techno set I heard him lay down at NeoPop here in Portugal last summer, but even darker and more evil, but ALWAYS with a chunky groove going on. Make no mistake about it, it was a fully Progressive set, with some techy leanings, but really reminding me of the post GU19 period. If he goes to a place like Vagabond (from what I know of what usually happens there) playing like this for a more extended period of time, I predict a massacre.

The only times when the dark tone softened was right in the beginning, and when he reached the last track (Dave Angelīs remix of Cottage Industry).

Comment

• chanty
                    John, John, where art thou!
                    • Jun 2004

Omg..so stoked. Just looked at his tour dates and he's coming to T.O on June 11th. YAY!!!!
                    Awww...I didn't mean A holes, as in "A holes"...I meant it like, as in, my friends....

Comment

• cosmo
                      Gold Gabber
                      • Jun 2004

Good to hear.. I will be seeing him at the Vagabond in almost 2 weeks I can't wait. Haven't seen him since St Patricks Day, 2001. TEN YEARS. When I saw him then he dropped a 8 hour all-night set and I was blown away. What he did moving through so many avenues of sound left the whole club picking their jaws up off the floor in amazement.

I'm sure he will be dropping some of the same tunes through WMC!

Comment

• chanty
                        John, John, where art thou!
                        • Jun 2004

^ Just curious to know why you haven't seen him in TEN YEARS? ; )
                        Awww...I didn't mean A holes, as in "A holes"...I meant it like, as in, my friends....

Comment

• cosmo
                          Gold Gabber
                          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by chanty
                          ^ Just curious to know why you haven't seen him in TEN YEARS? ; )

I'm fresh out of marriage!! Single again so I have my freedom to travel and to go anywhere I want!!

Comment

• simonr
                            Transitionator
                            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by sakio pod
                            STOAKED!!!! for vagabond!!! bring it!!!1
                            not jealous :P

... have a great time - you doing Cameo too ?
                            sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• juicebox
                              Fresh Peossy
                              • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Kinetic
                              As far as I remember, that track with the french spoken word was the 3rd track, the first 2 were more "dreamy" and groovy.
                              Yeah, exactly. Those two were a great entrance for the err..devilry that followed. Thank you for the videos by the way man (and Kamtchaka), it's lovely to be able to re-live abit of the night.

Another thing, is there any clue of wich song is playing on this video, the one entering at 2.30m?

Cheers!

Comment

Working...