Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fumanchu182
    Angantyr The Ruthless
    • Jun 2004

That would be hot, dj'ing from a plane and then beaming it to the club.
    The sailors of the United States Navy are among the most disciplined, devoted, and well-trained fighting men the world has ever known. They drink gasoline and piss fire, The spit bullets and shit bombs, and will swim across the ocean with a knife in their teeth just for the chance to carve up those that threaten their homeland.

Comment

• remoh
      Platinum Poster
      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Musical Journey
      Originally posted by ubiqe
      ^ so what? Does it mean he's better a dj? It's the music that finally matters - not the media...
      Wahey! Someone who knows what they are talking about.
      i see what both of you are saying..but it takes away an element of djing IMO
      [URL="http://www.darkdrums.com/"]| Visit www.darkdrums.com |
      |http://myspace.com/darkdrumsmusic |

Comment

• TomTom
        Paging Doctor Weeds...we have a shortage on 1st St.
        • May 2002

Originally posted by remoh
        i was chating with some fellow djs about the ableton software... i guess it beat matches for you, so basically all you do is program and cue up...that doesn't sound so hard to me.....
        If you only use 10% of the opportunites Ableton gives to you...maybe. You can add samples and loops and basically remix a track live and combine it with a shitload of elements. If DJ's know how to use Ableton it?s a journey they can send you on and most people don't even know what the DJ is doing all the time for your aural pleasure and that they they don't listen to the original tracks. If a DJ knows what to do when he has complete control over a track he can destroy the floor.

Comment

• supaz
          Platinum Poster
          • Jun 2004

IMO, Ableton is the deal...

I use it as a sequencer rewired through Reason. Seems like most people that rip on it have never used it.

It's just a matter of time when this platform replaces vinyl...

Keyword = Progressive

Comment

• hypoluxxa
            Are you Kidding me??
            • Jun 2004

And anybody heard him with Burrige? I wonder how that one went...
            FCUKING amazing!!! Both are masters at their craft... that night was surely one of the best as far those two go. I reallly enjoyed it.

Comment

• devon
              Addiction started
              • Jun 2004

i was chating with some fellow djs about the ableton software... i guess it beat matches for you, so basically all you do is program and cue up...that doesn't sound so hard to me.....
              i think sasha by now has proved that he can beat match. plus i think it's the programing that makes a good night not so much the mixing.
              i really wish the floor would stop moving!

Comment

• supaz
                Platinum Poster
                • Jun 2004

Re: Sasha last night...

The program does not do anything automatically...

Comment

• nubreed000
                  Getting Somewhere
                  • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Musical Journey
                  ^ so what? Does it mean he's better a dj? It's the music that finally matters - not the media...
                  Wahey! Someone who knows what they are talking about.
                  i see what both of you are saying..but it takes away an element of djing IMO
                  While I agree that it does take away a major element of being a DJ, Sasha has definately proven himself as a DJ and one of the best mixers around. So you can't really say shit about him. What he does on Albeton at the moment, he's done before with records. I just can't wait to see what he starts doing once he's knows Albeton inside-out.
                  The Groove Is In The Air

Comment

• PASD
                    Getting Somewhere
                    • Jun 2004

And anybody heard him with Burrige? I wonder how that one went...

great night, Lee played awesome that night. sasha just play a few songs, i guess that was lee?s night , but next day at acapulco i hear the back 2 back was very impressive. is great to see this guys together.

Comment

• meinie
                      Fresh Peossy
                      • Jan 2005

i'm definitely looking forward to seeing what sasha's got to offer with his ableton setup. in a couple weeks he's playing his first set in SF with it.

Comment

• AnCatDubh
                        Getting warmed up
                        • Jun 2004

i dont think someone Sasha has a hard time beatmatching two tracks anyways, it probably takes him 4 seconds to do that part of it .... The programming is what makes him that much better then most dj's

I tried to get into this place at 12:30am and holy shit, the line was almost backed up to 10th ave. I dont understand, it was not like that In Oct and Dec.....whats happened since then?

Comment

• Bryanw24
                          Gold Gabber
                          • Jun 2004

IMO JL sucked ass!!! he didnt mix any 2 records he played and on top of that he played must records almost 10 minutes. He also played In A State twice!!!! WTF? I was pissed when they took done Sashas computer and that sorry bitch James lavelle started playing his cheese ball shit. overall i was disapointed with the nite but not because of sasha

Comment

• sakio pod
                            SALAD TOSSER
                            • Jun 2004

we got to the club around 11:50 didn't get in till 1:40 heard sasha tearin it up for little over an hour. he was remixing editing jumping around and then at 3 they take down his screen and JL comes on, talk about killing the vibe. It was crap.....sasha had to think to himself what is this guy doing. No organization between tracks just dropping them in. i've been listening to prog house since 98 and i have never wanted to leave the club like i wanted to leave that night.

so we stayed hoping sasha would come back. sure enough at 5 they put the screen back up and sasha brought the house down. the best short set i have heard from him he played all the way till 7am the last track of his set was amazing some male vocal track have no idea what it was.

he dropped a couple tracks off the PR set

the music- bleed from within
                            forgot the rest

it was a shitty night but worth the wait SHIT HAPPENS
                            i'll never go back to crobar on an 18 and up ever again

here's some pics
                            Webshots, the best in Desktop Wallpaper, Desktop Backgrounds, and Screen Savers since 1995.

also have 5 mins of video but need some help on uploading them HELP

Comment

• Lrn
                              Are you Kidding me??
                              • Jan 2005

man i cant fucking stand tiesto, everybody loves f ing tiesto.

Comment

• Lrn
                                Are you Kidding me??
                                • Jan 2005

whoops didnt see the second page, wheres sasha playing in sf?

Comment

Working...