X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JamesEMG
    Fresh Peossy
    • Feb 2011

Mr Henry Von - "Nightwatchman E.P" Out Now On Tribal Rage

Co-label owner Mr Henry Von makes his debut on Tribal Rage alongside 2 exceptional remixes from fellow ‘Rage artists Jon Gurd and Ryan Thompson & James Dutton...

As well as running Tribal Rage with Fergie, the pair together operate Rekluse which (along with Excentric Muzik) has been the home to the majority of Henry Von’s productions to date. Productions that occupy the ever decreasing gap between House and Techno, and productions that people are ever increasingly cottoning onto with the proof in the pudding being last year’s “Eye Of Maktub” double remix, supported by a number of key players whilst regularly popping up in the Twitter playlist of Richie Hawtin.

His sound fuses together a blend of chunky and tough grooves and “Nightwatchman” is no different. Driven by a bass heavy kick and originally named “That Drum Track” for obvious reasons, the immense drum solo ushers in what seems like the Rio Carnival onto the dance-floor, coupled with an explosion of tribal rave energy.

Jon Gurd (fresh from his “Vida Nova EP” back in December, and the launch of his new label project “Primal Rhythm”) delivers a snapshot of his sound for 2011 with a hypnotic yet powerful bass rumbling remix. Ryan Thompson & James Dutton take a slightly deeper and darker route, full of late-night appeal and alluring tones, if their “Lost In Dubai EP” was anything to go by this will be anchored in sets for a long time to come...

DJ Reactions

Fergie "Henry Von is a man on a mission. The original is my pick but has massive competition with 2 super remixes. I will probably play all 3 :-0"

Carl Cox "Oooh the bass in Jon Gurd's mix.... Ryan Thompson & James Dutton mix = equally strong - nice vibe."
    Marco Carola "Nice track " (Favourite Track: Ryan Thompson & James Dutton Remix)
    Slam "Liking original - good remixes - strong thanx"
    Gregor Tresher "Great original! Dutton & Thompson Mix cool as well."
    Gary Beck "Really cool original tribal madness!"
    Phil Kieran "Liking the original'
    John Digweed "Good stuff"
    Umek "Good"
    Marco Bailey "Full support!"
    Lee Burridge "Jon's mix works well"
    Reset Robot "Top stuff! Ryan Thompson & James Dutton remix is amazing!"
    Uto Karem "This ep rocks..."
    Tom Findlay (Groove Armada) "Orig mix is killer"
    Joseph Capriati "Cool ep, thanks."
    Nick Warren "Ryan and James turn in a belter of mix."
    Flavio Diaz "Bomb release!!"
    Danny Howells "Nice indeed, will try out tomorrow!"
    Paolo Mojo "Ryan Thompson and James Dutton remix is the one for me here. perfect blend of funk / deep and dirt."
    Karotte "Thompson & Dutton rmx for me."
    Anton Pieete "Kool!! i like all mixes "
    Wehbba "Ryan Thompson & James Dutton remix is nice, will try it out, thanks"
    Danny Tenaglia "Thanks!!" (Favourite Track: Jon Gurd's 'Primal Rhythm' Remix)
    Tom Budden "Ryan & James' remix for me here. Thanks fellas!"
    Guy J "Jon Gurd's remix for me , thnx good luck"
    Anderson Noise "Support!" (Favourite Track: Ryan Thompson & James Dutton Remix)
    Greg Churchill "Original is sensational. Full support."
    Tim Richards "Been lucky enough to have had the original for a few weeks now and love it, Ryan & James remix is a nice update that I will support too!"
    Arjun Vagale (Jalebee Cartel) "Such a strong release !! the original is a monster , and both remixes are slamming ... totally confused which one to keep in the bag, so all three are in "
    Alex & Filip "TOP class rls! Original is the one, but remixes are tasty too!"

---

Out now at Beatport

Or Listen on Soundcloud.
    ---

For more info head to:
    Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

A label for all things House, run by Fergie and Mr Henry Von from 2010 to 2012.

http://soundcloud.com/ragetribal/sets/mr-henry-von-nightwatchman
Working...