X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • feather
    Shanghai ooompa loompa
    • Jul 2004

Replace pop artistes with DJs ...

and that sums up the shit going on here.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
    a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
    Originally posted by m1sT3rL
    Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.
  • AntonyM
    DUDERZ get a life!!!
    • Oct 2004

Re: Replace pop artistes with DJs ...

They are pretty well intertwined and the new gen of braindead are running with the onslaught of dance base beat tracks. Saw enough dingbats last week in Miami (example: Beatport Pool Party) to confirm it which is fine. Its when they start showing up to the underground nights with the fist pumping bs that gets me in a fighting mood.
    Originally posted by Shpira
    So came back last night...
    Sven Vath was amazing...he played a god damn killer set...ended up going to that and came to at like 10 am in some whore house in south Amsterdam...no idea how I ended up there...friday was a bit of a blur got really drunk and visited several parties can't remember a whole lot to be honest hehe...saturday was probably the best day that I recall...started up in the nearest coffee shop and going from party to party...beautiful woman, beer and weed...finished the night by taking some shrooms and listening to an amazing elke kleijn set...sunday...i met a nice girl who worked at one of the coffee shops and ended up talking to her for like 6 hours...was supposed to meet her at some DnB party...but instead went for a steak and walked around red light district bars drinking and smoking...monday took it easy went to a coffee shop and took a taxi to airport....

All in all...I think I will be going back there some time soon
    Originally posted by Illuminate
    Let me get this straight.

So white-middle class Americans have been told by their Television sets to be fearful of:

1. Mexicans/Latinos from the South bringing drugs and killings n' shit.
    2. African Americans cause mos def they are raging a race war and want to occupy America like how the plebs occupied Wall St.
    3. Iranians/Afghans/Any one of middle eastern origin to be quite frank, cause you know Islam...
    4. North Koreans/Chinese cause you know everything...

Am I close here?

Comment

• Kinetic
      Platinum Poster
      • Jun 2004

Yeah... what AntonyM said... itīs not just here.

I blame it on shitty drugs and pampered educations.

Itīs having an effect in which forums I participate (I used to be a mod in a local forum), the music I listen to and play, and the events I attend. Anything that scares and repels douchebaggery is increasingly sounding better to me.
      "I play music at people" - Surgeon

http://soundcloud.com/kineticdj
      http://djkinetic.official.fm

Comment

• floridaorange
        I'm merely a humble butler
        • Dec 2005

interesting topic.... i hear ya Antony...pretty much the same deal in San Diego as Miami that Miami pool party. An overall lack of appreciation for the genre at large really...

...ugghh, reminds me of Paolo Mojo in Tampa a few months ago... the hosts kept trying to turn his set into a trance set by expecting each song to blowup, fucking morons...

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

Working...