X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Highsteppa
    Gold Gabber
    • Feb 2005

Hanna (2011)

Not a bad movie at all, and was very surprised to find that the director who did Atonement can do a remarkably well done action film. Haven't seen a girl run this much since Run Lola Run. Eric Bana, Cate Blanchette and Saorise Ronan (who plays the title character) are the central characters, but are surrounded by some excellent supporting players (particularly one of Cate Blanchette's henchmen, who seems bored with killing, but does it because he's good at it). It's kind of like a messed up hodgepodge of The Bourne Identity, Salt and a couple of other higher octane action films.

Soundtrack by The Chemical Brothers might surprise many. I liked it almost as much as I enjoyed the Tron: Legacy soundtrack.

edit: Sorry, misspelled the title, should be Hanna - I know a girl with the same spelling as the title I put.
  • Huggie Smiles
    Anyone have Styx livesets?
    • Jun 2004

Re: Hanna (2011)

runlolarun was great!
    i wanna see this film.
    {corrected title for ya}
    ....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....

Comment

• res0nat0r
      Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
      • May 2006

Saw this today, I thought this was actually very good stuff. Great cinematography and excellent soundtrack by the Chemical Bros, and good performances by all the main actors all around. I just watched The Way Back with Saorise Ronan this week, I think this girl is going to have a good career ahead of her. And Cate Blanchet is awesome as usual. Not cheezy at all and good action scenes sprinkled throughout.

Also Highsteppa did the blonde henchman remind you of Peter Stormare? He looks like his brother to me...he looked so similar...

Comment

• Highsteppa
        Gold Gabber
        • Feb 2005

I was just watching The Lost World this morning, and yeah, I kind of see the similarity, but while he did have the detached vibe that Stormare has often in the movies he's in, he doesn't radiate the same weirdness.

Comment

• feather
          Shanghai ooompa loompa
          • Jul 2004

Watching this now, strange surreal thriller. What's with the candyland and midget—very Lynch? Soundtrack is good but at times distracting. Ronan is great.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
          a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
          Originally posted by m1sT3rL
          Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• feather
            Shanghai ooompa loompa
            • Jul 2004

Watching this now, strange surreal thriller. Soundtrack is good but at times distracting. Ronan is great.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
            a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
            Originally posted by m1sT3rL
            Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• Shpira
              Angry Boy Child
              • Oct 2006

good film... recommended watching material.
              The Idiots ARE Winning.

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."
              Mark Twain

SOBRIETY MIX

Comment

• picklemonkey
                Double hoodie beer monster
                • Jun 2004

I saw part of this in the theater but had to leave ~30 min early because I got sick... food poisoning or something

I really enjoyed the part that I had seen. I want to catch up on the rest when it comes out

Comment

• Huggie Smiles
                  Anyone have Styx livesets?
                  • Jun 2004

Originally posted by res0nat0r
                  Saw this today, I thought this was actually very good stuff. Great cinematography and excellent soundtrack by the Chemical Bros, and good performances by all the main actors all around. I just watched The Way Back with Saorise Ronan this week, I think this girl is going to have a good career ahead of her. And Cate Blanchet is awesome as usual. Not cheezy at all and good action scenes sprinkled throughout.
                  Just watced this movie - great stuff and agree with Res' summation
                  ....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....

Comment

• nick007
                    DUDERZ get a life!!!
                    • Oct 2007

It was a cracker for me. Really enjoyed the training aspect of the movie in the snow

The largest room in the world, is the room for improvement!

Comment

Working...