• Show
Clear All
  • Shpira
    Angry Boy Child
    • Oct 2006

Re: Buying an expensive car

lots around Russia
    The Idiots ARE Winning.

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."
    Mark Twain

SOBRIETY MIX

Comment

• floridaorange
      I'm merely a humble butler
      • Dec 2005

It's hardly cold in Florida, but I have driven my Avalon over a mountain once, there was a road, if you could call it that... after an hour of the rocky terrain I then drove it 9 hours back to Florida from north carolina.

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• pipey
        Gold Gabber
        • Mar 2007

Originally posted by DIDI
        Or do what I did ! Get rid of your car, use public transport,or walk, and rent the appropriate car/ van/ truck/ limo anytime you like The amazing thing about this is you find out just how infrequently you really need a vehicle. Of course I realise this isn't going to work everywhere. When it does it's great. No parking problems !!!

Btw I did a cost benefit analysis when I got rid of my vehicle . I've actually been far better off financially that I calculated, possibly because I really do only get a vehicle when I need it, and that isn't anywhere near as much as I expected!
        BUT my dear, you live in a city where public transport is well organised and run properly so its viable.. in my city i couldnt possibly rely without a car tbh... well personally i prolly could at a pinch cos i live within walking distance of train and supermarket, but lots of people here couldnt...
        Originally posted by Kamal
        Thank you Dr. Needle for attending the balloon Party

Comment

• DIDI
          Aussie Pest
          • Nov 2004

You haven't been reading our newspapers, apparently our public transport is shit !! You love cars I loved driving, but since I haven't had a car it is just incredibly liberating. !! Not having to rely on a car is a really good thing. I do live in a very good spot, but I travel out of it a lot, and by PT. And I plan my trips.
          Originally posted by TheVrk
          it IS incredible isn't it??
          STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
          Simply does not get any better than Hernan
          The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• 88Mariner
            My dick is smaller
            • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Dhar_2
            take your poncy sports activity vehicle and shove it

looks like a typical commute....if you don't live in civilization. most people who can afford poncy vehicles don't live in the backwoods btw.
            you could put an Emfire release on for 2 minutes and you would be a sleep before it finishes - Chunky

it's RA. they'd blow their load all over some stupid 20 minute loop of a snare if it had a quirky flange setting. - Tiddles

Am I somewhere....in the corners of your mind....

----PEACE-----

Comment

• Kat
              A pretty fn good milkshake
              • Mar 2006

i'd die without my cars
              ♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪• אין סוף •♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•

Music is essential for the expression of non material ideals and energies. Music colors our surroundings with emanations from the highest vibrational fields. It allows us to escape all limitations in our thinking and very existence.

Comment

• Kat
                A pretty fn good milkshake
                • Mar 2006

car not cars !
                ♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪• אין סוף •♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•

Music is essential for the expression of non material ideals and energies. Music colors our surroundings with emanations from the highest vibrational fields. It allows us to escape all limitations in our thinking and very existence.

Comment

• Haziel
                  Likes a finger upthere
                  • Jan 2007

I have a long commute to work so... My highlight of the day is when i get on my car and blast a nice set!

Comment

• hypoluxxa
                    Are you Kidding me??
                    • Jun 2004

Originally posted by pipey
                    BUT my dear, you live in a city where public transport is well organised and run properly so its viable.. in my city i couldnt possibly rely without a car tbh... well personally i prolly could at a pinch cos i live within walking distance of train and supermarket, but lots of people here couldnt...
                    Originally posted by DIDI
                    Or do what I did ! Get rid of your car, use public transport,or walk, and rent the appropriate car/ van/ truck/ limo anytime you like The amazing thing about this is you find out just how infrequently you really need a vehicle. Of course I realise this isn't going to work everywhere. When it does it's great. No parking problems !!!

Btw I did a cost benefit analysis when I got rid of my vehicle . I've actually been far better off financially that I calculated, possibly because I really do only get a vehicle when I need it, and that isn't anywhere near as much as I expected!

Sadly here in LaLa Land a car is a necessity, our so called public transport BLOWS and everything is really spread out.

BTW here's a pic of both my cars when they decided to break down at the same time;

Comment

• floridaorange
                      • Dec 2005

^ouch! there's nothing cheap about fixing either of those rides. good luck!

What do you pay per gallon of gas (93 octane) in LA right now for your bmw? $4.50?

Comment

• hypoluxxa
                        Are you Kidding me??
                        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by floridaorange
                        ^ouch! there's nothing cheap about fixing either of those rides. good luck!

What do you pay per gallon of gas (93 octane) in LA right now for your bmw? $4.50?
                        LOL... no there isn't. We don't have 93 octane here, just 91. BOTH cars take 91 octane. Last time I filled up it was $65. I just broke the windshield on the S4 while changing the windshield wiper blades... I just came back in and started drinking.

Comment

• floridaorange
                          • Dec 2005

Originally posted by hypoluxxa
                          LOL... no there isn't. We don't have 93 octane here, just 91. BOTH cars take 91 octane. Last time I filled up it was $65. I just broke the windshield on the S4 while changing the windshield wiper blades... I just came back in and started drinking.
                          Funk just from putting weight on it? must have been a small break in the windshield already, sorry man that sux.

Comment

• floridaorange
                            • Dec 2005

Do you like 1 over the other or do u like bmw and audi for different reasons?

Comment

• DIDI
                              Aussie Pest
                              • Nov 2004

Originally posted by hypoluxxa
                              Sadly here in LaLa Land a car is a necessity, our so called public transport BLOWS and everything is really spread out.

BTW here's a pic of both my cars when they decided to break down at the same time;

Bugger Yeah, I've actually heard that The US isn't that pedestrian friendly.
                              Originally posted by TheVrk
                              it IS incredible isn't it??
                              STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
                              Simply does not get any better than Hernan
                              The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• hypoluxxa
                                Are you Kidding me??
                                • Jun 2004

Funk just from putting weight on it? must have been a small break in the windshield already, sorry man that sux.
                                Do you like 1 over the other or do u like bmw and audi for different reasons?
                                I was having trouble getting the old wiper out, it finally came off the arm... it snapped back and put a hole in the windshield. I can laugh about it now.
                                I've always loved and owned BMW's, I was curious about the S4 so I bought one, used of course. Totally different cars. The wife wants me to pick one and sell the other, we'll see.

Comment

Working...