X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • floridaorange
    I'm merely a humble butler
    • Dec 2005

Re: The Way to Fix MS from Becoming Old

well there you have is folks. if you're concerned about new members participating try getting to know them.

peace

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• DIDI
      Aussie Pest
      • Nov 2004

Originally posted by feather
      You know what's getting old and tiring? All these bickering across the forums. RM isn't being offensive and even if it's a misguided attempt at rejuvenating the board, there's no need for the attitudes. Same in the Japan Earthquake thread. And in a separate thread about Sasha in GYY, more bickering. And in the Sasha sub-forum, more bickering. And in the P&R forum, Bloodstream constantly giving shit to people who happen to repost a set he's already posted. I don't even step into Politics but I'm sure it's a shitstorm in there. The only 'safe' forum is Computers!

WHAT. THE. FUCK.

Everyone just chill and step back and listen to some fucking music and remember why we come here.

Cos the way this board is going through some convulsive comedown meltdown or midlife crisis, the newbies won't stay even if they come! We're turning into GU!

On a side note, ever since we stopped hosting the Kiss sets as downloads, and the weekly Transition threads are in the sub-forum, there's been a huge drop in discussion over the sets. Also a huge drop in discussing music and sets in general (in P&R or in GYY).

Actually the recent discussion on Tommy Four Seven was great, felt like the old ms again—less negativity, all music.
      What was offensive about RM is his refusal to allow anyone to disagree with him. and to personally insult people when he does it . Unfortunately reactions are always going to be bad to him if you have had previous dealings with him. Even if he came up with a great idea it would be hard to forget what has gone before.

Btw you are so right about politics.
      Originally posted by TheVrk
      it IS incredible isn't it??
      STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
      Simply does not get any better than Hernan
      The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• feather
        Shanghai ooompa loompa
        • Jul 2004

Hmmm well most of the time I take each post on its own and don't bother with the 'history' of the user, and the ones who make offensive posts I put on ignore

But I really do think there's a lot of bickering these days.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
        a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
        Originally posted by m1sT3rL
        Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• DIDI
          Aussie Pest
          • Nov 2004

Well it's difficult separating posts when they are on the same subject and in the same thread I never put people on ignore, that just seems so rude It's probably a generational thing
          Originally posted by TheVrk
          it IS incredible isn't it??
          STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
          Simply does not get any better than Hernan
          The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• mnbvcxz
            Platinum Poster
            • Feb 2006

Comment

• DancingQueen
              AVB FanClub | President
              • Oct 2005

I agree that making people post again to access music, just won't work anymore....its a different time on the internet (you can get free music, tv, movies, etc. anywhere)....unfortunately it just wouldn't work. I am honestly not sure what would work, but I think as long as people like Adam continue to make positive changes and contributions to making this place more modern and informative, it will survive and be as strong as ever, but in a different way.

With regards to not seeing the old people that use to post on here & the decrease in activity from the ones that are still here, it is simply due to the fact that, we are older and other things in life have become a priority (family, work, etc.)....and when we do have time to come on here and interact with our online family/community we don't for one simple reason....we are tired of seeing the negativity and fighting. There are a few people on here, that deter others from posting because we know whatever we say, will be ridiculed and never dropped.....take the example of Steve Graham....he made a simple observational/personal comment (you all know what I am referring too), and people just won't let it go....stuff like this is tiresome. Back in the day you could give your comment about a dj, cause a debate/argument for a few pages, shrug it off and move on....if you want it to go back to that way, certain people need to get over themselves and move on.
              sigpic
              RIP Steve "Jibs" James - Your footprint is forever on my soul and in my heart xoxo
              RIP Jeff Shewchuk aka DJ Jeff Taylor (day_for_night) - You will live on in my heart forever xoxo

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Comment

• chuckc
                DUDERZ get a life!!!
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by DancingQueen
                .....take the example of Steve Graham....he made a simple observational/personal comment (you all know what I am referring too), and people just won't let it go.....
                wow i totaly missed that, i wondered why i dont see him on here anymore. what happend if you dont mind filling me in

Comment

• tiddles
                  Encryption, Jr.
                  • Jun 2004

fuck, some you people need to start doing drugs and partying again. go have a midlife crisis or something.

Comment

• chunky
                    Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                    • Jan 2006

Originally posted by DancingQueen

There are a few people on here, that deter others from posting because we know whatever we say, will be ridiculed and never dropped.....take the example of Steve Graham....he made a simple observational/personal comment (you all know what I am referring too), and people just won't let it go....stuff like this is tiresome. Back in the day you could give your comment about a dj, cause a debate/argument for a few pages, shrug it off and move on....if you want it to go back to that way, certain people need to get over themselves and move on.
                    No Steve made a completely stupid comment that I responded to. However Steve then choose to become offensive and then run off when I challenged him on it further. Steve made this comment based on egotistical nonsense, made by someone living in La La Land, a place where hero worship had made someone lose control of normal thought. This wasn’t the first time Steve had responded in this way and yes it would have been over in a few pages but Steve choose to run off and have his bell end mates respond for him. So yes I will pursue him on it. So save me the right on hippie lovin bullshit and if we all know who we are on about call me by name.
                    Originally posted by res0nat0r
                    OK Lets All Stroke Ron Pauls Cock On 3!

Comment

• runningman
                      Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
                      • Jun 2004

God this thread has made a turn for the surreal. Everything wrong with this site is on display in this thread.

Bickering
                      Old Arguments
                      Blaming others

I love this site so I don't want o come across as negative but first we all need a group hug. We have to for the survival of the site. Old feelings towards each other have to go out the window.

I mean we all know DQ is a cry baby and Didi is a whiner and I'm a dickhead... but we need to get over it and move on. Bringing up old arguments isn't the answer I know that much. The problem seems to be with the old guard I guess. Pre 2006 people. Well we better figure it out soon because I fear MS might pay for it in the future.

Comment

• Huggie Smiles
                        Anyone have Styx livesets?
                        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by runningman
                        I mean we all know DQ is a cry baby and Didi is a whiner and I'm a dickhead...
                        its just uncalled for, everytime you do it
                        ....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....

Comment

• runningman
                          Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
                          • Jun 2004

what?? I think it is time we all did a little soul searching and not lie to ourselves. I'm starting with the man in the mirror. I'm asking him to change his ways.

I'm gonna make a change.

Comment

• simonr
                            Transitionator
                            • Jun 2004

I think there's been some very good points made in all of this. Thanks RM

[ms] is so well established that it's like a political party with factions that have different views which is cool. There's a lot of passion, love and pride here.

Part of the lack of posting may be that people are busier. There's less time to sit there posting away in work etc. I can't get access in work and am working longer hours so there's less time to post and come on and check stuff ... plus I do go on fb and a couple of other sites, although [ms] will always be my first love.

I'll also get my arse into gear more with the blogs ... there's a lot of half prepared things that need finishing. I'll resume my weekly Transitions threads in GYY to hopefully get some of the P&R people over here.

The site has been difficult to navigate for people following the last changes ... mainly because no-one takes the time - so hopefully more will get orientated. The DJ database is awesome and this is still a unique and very very special place.

If you love quality electronic music this is the only real place to come and share your passion ... if you stay you'll make some life long friends.
                            sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• demonAfro
                              Are you Kidding me??
                              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by TomTom
                              We have a full blogging system on Mercuryserver
                              IIRC, you are the only one that can actually use this feature?

Comment

• runningman
                                Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
                                • Jun 2004

Ok I got it.. How about a new members thread above GYY and Politics. Just to get them talking. And when they first register there could be a note saying `go meet some like minded music lovers in the New Members Section`

What do you think? Then when they get the balls they can come into GYY? Or just post a sticky thread at the top of GYY called new members. Where only new members can talk? Have a link when they register to send them right to the thread.

Comment

Working...