• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • floridaorange
    I'm merely a humble butler
    • Dec 2005

Re: The Way to Fix MS from Becoming Old

Originally posted by runningman
    what?? I think it is time we all did a little soul searching and not lie to ourselves. I'm starting with the man in the mirror. I'm asking him to change his ways.

I'm gonna make a change.
    of ffs

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• maddlingo
      Platinum Poster
      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by tiddles
      fuck, some you people need to start doing drugs and partying again. go have a midlife crisis or something.
      I just came back from WMC, so I'm good for a while.
      "Dream as if you''ll live forever, Live as if you''ll die today." -- James Dean --

Comment

• AchtungBaby!
        DUDERZ get a life!!!
        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by maddlingo
        I just came back from WMC, so I'm good for a while.
        Me too!

"vision over visibility" Paul Hewson

Comment

• unrecogniseduser
          Platinum Poster
          • Jun 2004

interesting thread. This place does seem to have gone somewhat stale. However, I met some really good friends on here in the last few years and we now talk on facebook and skype and not on here. The internet changes fast people
          motherlover

Comment

• simonr
            Transitionator
            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by AchtungBaby!
            Me too!
            Grrrrrr.

Really wanted to make it, but will defo do in 2012 now it looks like the boat party is continuing.

We start to get out won back ... Hernan at Liverpool Cathedral, Diggers & Guy J at Bedrock and Josh Wink for Mr C all looming now.

... then there's ibiza baby :P
            sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• floridaorange
              • Dec 2005

Originally posted by unrecogniseduser
              interesting thread. This place does seem to have gone somewhat stale. However, I met some really good friends on here in the last few years and we now talk on facebook and skype and not on here. The internet changes fast people
              Indeed, this is reality.

Comment

• 88Mariner
                My dick is smaller
                • Nov 2006

It became stale because I was gone for a month. I'm certain of it.
                you could put an Emfire release on for 2 minutes and you would be a sleep before it finishes - Chunky

it's RA. they'd blow their load all over some stupid 20 minute loop of a snare if it had a quirky flange setting. - Tiddles

Am I somewhere....in the corners of your mind....

----PEACE-----

Comment

• TomTom
                  Paging Doctor Weeds...we have a shortage on 1st St.
                  • May 2002

Originally posted by demonAfro
                  IIRC, you are the only one that can actually use this feature?
                  Good point. So far it is not open to public because I know what would happen. Gimme an A, Gimme a B, gimme a U, gimme an S and gimme an E. If we had a few people who would be willing to post regular blogs, we could make blog sections for various categories. We asked for bloggers a while ago after we made the Change to the vbulletin 4x version but response was somewhere between low and non existing lol.

[..]We do need to be more accepting of others thoughts (and I include myself in that statement) rather than so quick to the draw.[...]
                  Exactly. Having fun and picking on each other is ok as long as it happens on a reasonable level and not because of nothing or because User B can't stand User A who made the post initially.

Ok I got it.. How about a new members thread above GYY and Politics. Just to get them talking. And when they first register there could be a note saying `go meet some like minded music lovers in the New Members Section`

What do you think? Then when they get the balls they can come into GYY? Or just post a sticky thread at the top of GYY called new members. Where only new members can talk? Have a link when they register to send them right to the thread.
                  The 2nd forum on top is called "Community & Goodies" and starts with this sentence "Tell us who you are and what you look....." and in this forum, there are threads where people can tell us where they live (new member sign-in sheet) or post their pics and tell a little something about themselves (Names with Faces thread).

In the past I have worked with direct links in the registration process. Years ago I have created a board overview to make it easier for new people since I know we have lots of section but bitter truth is, people don't read such crap. Then I tried to include the overview to the FAQ but guess what...nobody cared to check it out. Both methods did not help at all, new members still asked the same questions so I gave up trying. Just ask yourself, on how many forums you have read their instructions or general information you were provided with during registration. My personal answer to this question is 0 lol. Not trying to be anti to your suggestions, in fact I like it when our members seek improvement and make suggestions. It is just that almost anything discussed in this thread was already tried out and proved as a failure.

Comment

• runningman
                    Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
                    • Jun 2004

Ya but I think we need to be more direct and tell them where there spot is. Kind of like showing the dog where the doggie bed is so he knows where to sleep on his first night home. Can we at least try a new members sticky at the top of GYY and leave it there for a month to experiment? We will just call it the new members thread. Old fogies can go in there too but we will have to be sensitive not to scare them away with our expertise on music and such.

Like when an Oakenfold or Tiesto thread gets started we shoot them down right away. This is what I mean as more accepting. I know this used to be a Digweed and Sasha board but the times are a changing.

Comment

• picklemonkey
                      Double hoodie beer monster
                      • Jun 2004

I dont see anything wrong with having a sticky like that.

What I really want to do but havent made the time to do is create a quick intro to DJDB for the front . Something similar to the landing page for unregistered users con soundcloud, facebook, etc. A high-level intro that explains what we are so people don't have to stumble through it to learn. Anybody willing to help with this? Something like soundcloud's would be perfect

Comment

• chunky
                        Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                        • Jan 2006

I reckon we should get rid of post counts all together. browsing some of these threads all you get it post, post post with people posting 10 posts what they could get in one. Then people start another thread wacking off about how they have achieved some sort of milestone. If someone can reset mine to zero please do.
                        Originally posted by res0nat0r
                        OK Lets All Stroke Ron Pauls Cock On 3!

Comment

• Kat
                          A pretty fn good milkshake
                          • Mar 2006

i believe more members would join gyy discussions if you guys could just stop bitching about whatever and judging everything and complaining about useless shit
                          so what if someone wants to celebrate 1K posts, so what if someone doesnt agree with your political view, so what if someone likes tiesto - well you can ban this sucker (jk)
                          get over yourselves
                          this place is changing for the better all the time and if you dont like it here you can find another board, like TA for instance, i hear theres lots of crap all over the place non stop in huge amounts
                          whatever...
                          ♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪• אין סוף •♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•

Music is essential for the expression of non material ideals and energies. Music colors our surroundings with emanations from the highest vibrational fields. It allows us to escape all limitations in our thinking and very existence.

Comment

• Hoff
                            Are you Kidding me??
                            • Aug 2009

I'm fairly a new member so it would not be very serious opine of some things

but the Promos & Recommendations .. . compared to when I arrived

like I say here .. http://www.mercuryserver.com/forums/...ril-2011/page2

visually is totally contaminated by garbage like this " Domi0207 " .. either a human or a member of the fcking matrix

I think that for the total still beign of good quality .. . have to make them disappear in any way

Dirty Mongrel Cream (Wiretappeur Remix)

Comment

• floridaorange
                              • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Hoff

I'm fairly a new member so it would not be very serious opine of some things

but the Promos & Recommendations .. . compared to when I arrived

like I say here .. http://www.mercuryserver.com/forums/...ril-2011/page2

visually is totally contaminated by garbage like this " Domi0207 " .. either a human or a member of the fcking matrix

I think that for the total still beign of good quality .. . have to make them disappear in any way

Dirty Mongrel Cream (Wiretappeur Remix)

So you are saying there were a lot of quality mixes being posted, and now it's full of crap?

Comment

• chunky
                                Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                                • Jan 2006

Originally posted by Hoff
                                Yeah I've noticed this. You have the same 4 or 5 members spaming the forums with loads of links to any old shite. I'm guessing (I haven't checked) this is because they can earn cash from getting loads of people downloading their links. Its a tough one because you don't want to deter people from posting but at the same time you don't want the forum filled with threads no one replies to.
                                Originally posted by res0nat0r
                                OK Lets All Stroke Ron Pauls Cock On 3!

Comment

Working...