X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • clintlove
    Hey girl, ya Hungry?
    • Jun 2004

My new favorite cd

Read about this on RA a while back and so I tracked it down, and glad I did. It took me a listen or 2, but after cranking it up in the headphones the other night, I realized this is one of the best cds I've heard in quite some time. I can't really put my finger on a style, it's bass heavy, kinda electroish but not really, it gets intense but stays subtle, it's progressive at times well I don't know maybe not, it's just fucking good ok. So do yourselves a favor and go buy this cd based on my opinion of it. If you don't like it, then you suck.

Just realized the co-founder of Traum Schallplatten isn't in DJDB. Well he is now.

From residentadvisor.net:

Reinhold is a believer in using limitations to enhance creativity, and he sticks to this method on Tour De Traum II: the mix consists exclusively of tracks released on Traum over the past 30 months. Many of the imprint's biggest artists rear their heads, including Minilogue, Extrawelt and Dominik Eulberg, as well as new additions like Max Cooper and St. Petersburg-based artist Freska. In putting the compilation together, Reinhold got busy in the studio as well as behind the decks, doing bits of "knitting, edits and stitching" to enhance the mix's overall flow. The release comes almost seven years after the inaugural Tour De Traum mix, which Thomas Brinkmann mixed back in 2004.

From traumschallplatten.de:

Triple R aka Riley Reinhold is famous for his mix compilations, DJ sets and A&R work.
    We have known Riley as a taste maker for years... introducing Sähkö records in the 90ies to people and living a life of a true discoverer. Starting with his “Friends” CD on Kompakt a long time ago which got him onto the Village voice review sections and a lot of other big magazines, he continued recording the mix series “Selection” on CD with Trapez.
    Doing a Traum mix for the first time in 12 years certainly is a challenge.
    So to pay some tribute to that aspect we though we have him pick our legendary mix series name TOUR DE TRAUM that was initiated with Thomas Brinkmann in 2004.
    Tour De Traum II does not start where Tour De Traum I ends... we guess a lot of people might expect that... but it would have been a to easy task and too nostalgic... so Riley took the hard and stony way... to mix music which was recorded by various Traum artist during the last 30 months.
    The mix is not a DJ mix, and we are not saying that a DJ mix is not a great way of making music come alive, but this particular mix works with less parameters since all tracks come from Traum artists.
    Riley likes limitations, since all his releases on MBF LTD are also a product of a few machines but go more into the direction of creating a feeling of soul different then many contemporary artists do.
    Still the mix tries to stay artistically on the DJ side with feeling and flow... but features a lot of knitting, edits, stitching, at points and places where a DJ would have had to resign.
    The track listing includes Dominik Eulberg, Applescal, Max Cooper, Minilogue, Extrawelt, Fairmont, Moonbeam, Ricardo Tobar and the new Traum artist Thomas Bjerring and Freska.
    We think doing a mix like this shows the great potential in these artist at a time when there is so much digital overkill happening... it seems like a logic and really good way of paying tribute to their music
    So we hope you enjoy the mix!

Tracklist
    01. Freska - Mountain Ash
    02. Dominik Eulberg - Sansula (oder der letzte Grund)
    03. Fairmont - Supercluster
    04. Max Cooper - Harmonisch Serie
    05. Minilogue - Seconds (ThermalBear "ReThink" remix)
    06. Applescal - Her Foreverness (Mig Dfoe Rmx)
    07. Dominik Eulberg - Schnertuppen-Regen
    08. Moonbeam - Land of the Lost (Strict Mix)
    09. Max Cooper - i
    10. Freska - Comanche
    11. Minilogue - The Leopard (David Keno Remix)
    12. Extrawelt - Trenchcoat
    13. Ricardo Tobar - Mi Pieza Esta Llena de Cosas
    14. Thomas Bjerring - Stratus
    15. Dominik Eulberg - Daten-Ubertragungs-Kusschen
    16. Riley Reinhold - Hollow Hills (Mig Dfoe Remix)
    17. Max Cooper - River of Gold
    18. Applescal - Welcome to the Woods
    19. Thomas Bjerring - 2:45

Listen to the first 30mins here

Buy here

Music is the answer, to your problems. Keep on movin', till you solve them.

sigpic
  • feather
    Shanghai ooompa loompa
    • Jul 2004

Re: My new favorite cd

Gonna check this out.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
    a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
    Originally posted by m1sT3rL
    Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• mnbvcxz
      Platinum Poster
      • Feb 2006

Sounds interesting... I'll check this out for sure.

Comment

• unkle
        Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
        • Mar 2007

Lets see.

Comment

• Bender420
          Tickle me Elmo!
          • Jun 2004

purdy good! it's in my car now.
          Don't let anyone drive you crazy when you know it's in walking distance.

"some things simply aren’t meant to be bootybumped. Hard liquor is a prime example, as it will burn like a motherfuck."

Comment

• clintlove
            Hey girl, ya Hungry?
            • Jun 2004

Ha, kinda drunk last night when I posted this.

Music is the answer, to your problems. Keep on movin', till you solve them.

sigpic

Comment

• Bender420
              Tickle me Elmo!
              • Jun 2004

i could tell by the way you typed like you would have told me in person that you were into a bottle!
              Don't let anyone drive you crazy when you know it's in walking distance.

"some things simply aren’t meant to be bootybumped. Hard liquor is a prime example, as it will burn like a motherfuck."

Comment

• simonr
                Transitionator
                • Jun 2004

Riley has had some great tracks on Transitions as Triple R and has one of the coolest stables out there .... Telrae is part of the Traum family and has been putting out some lovely stuff.
                sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• unrecogniseduser
                  Platinum Poster
                  • Jun 2004

will check it out, cheers for the recommendation. See you soon!
                  motherlover

Comment

• Alexudis
                    Banned
                    • Jan 2011

he looks like Cass Cutbush. What happened to Cass? is he alive?

Comment

• floridaorange
                      I'm merely a humble butler
                      • Dec 2005

Originally posted by clintlove
                      Ha, kinda drunk last night when I posted this.
                      So is this not still a new fav?

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

Working...