Skins (UK version)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TomTom
    Paging Doctor Weeds...we have a shortage on 1st St.
    • May 2002

Skins (UK version)

Did anybody see this series? It's already in the 5th season but I never heard about it before until a mate recommended it to me. It's about a group of young people at school struggling to find their way through Chaos in Family and friendship..lots of Drugs, sex, swearing and social drama included. They also show some scenes from clubs where Ska and EDM is played...quite a good music score imo and a nice Change for a TV series. The actors are very young but it's defo no series in the reigns of Beverly Hills 90120 or something lol. There is also a US adaption available but I guess it's with less drugs and less sex so better try with the UK version.
  • Huggie Smiles
    Anyone have Styx livesets?
    • Jun 2004

Re: Skins (UK version)

the US version is so tonned down it loses all its momentum
    ....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....

Comment

• AntonyM
      DUDERZ get a life!!!
      • Oct 2004

Re: Skins (UK version)

Seen one season pretty different show, goes in a lot directions.
      Originally posted by Shpira
      So came back last night...
      Sven Vath was amazing...he played a god damn killer set...ended up going to that and came to at like 10 am in some whore house in south Amsterdam...no idea how I ended up there...friday was a bit of a blur got really drunk and visited several parties can't remember a whole lot to be honest hehe...saturday was probably the best day that I recall...started up in the nearest coffee shop and going from party to party...beautiful woman, beer and weed...finished the night by taking some shrooms and listening to an amazing elke kleijn set...sunday...i met a nice girl who worked at one of the coffee shops and ended up talking to her for like 6 hours...was supposed to meet her at some DnB party...but instead went for a steak and walked around red light district bars drinking and smoking...monday took it easy went to a coffee shop and took a taxi to airport....

All in all...I think I will be going back there some time soon
      Originally posted by Illuminate
      Let me get this straight.

So white-middle class Americans have been told by their Television sets to be fearful of:

1. Mexicans/Latinos from the South bringing drugs and killings n' shit.
      2. African Americans cause mos def they are raging a race war and want to occupy America like how the plebs occupied Wall St.
      3. Iranians/Afghans/Any one of middle eastern origin to be quite frank, cause you know Islam...
      4. North Koreans/Chinese cause you know everything...

Am I close here?

Comment

Working...