Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dj Matth3w
    Fresh Peossy
    • Feb 2005

you guys have his FULL Essential Mix set without the broadcasting ? I think Radio 1 only aired the first hour.. I have both hours if anyone here would like to have them just msg me

Comment

• dj Matth3w
      Fresh Peossy
      • Feb 2005

-- whoops it double posted me --

Comment

• san
        Getting Somewhere
        • Jun 2004

Re: Meat Katie

i can't wait to get my hands on this. hopefully jayp will hook me up soon with it. lol

for those into breaks and broken beats and stuff in nyc, check out this site. its really fucking good. honestly i'm not that big into the breaks thing but this boy is doing some good stuff around the city. he's a good friend. he's been getting talent in here lately. check out the site. i'm not really promoting but if you guys are into the sound, definitely check it out.

he just had out a huge ass loft party out in brooklyn. too bad i missed it due to work and shit.

he's a good kid. he's brought in a lot of talent from the other side and he himself is going strong. just check it out thats all. no biggie.

i do wanna hear this meatkatie though.
        poop on you

Comment

• vegetaonmeth
          Gold Gabber
          • Oct 2004

Finally
          This is gonna be sweet.
          Too bad he doesn't visit Toronto too often...
          i just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by fleeing the scene of the accident

Comment

• dj Matth3w
            Fresh Peossy
            • Feb 2005

He hasnt made it to North Carolina yet either =(

Comment

• peloquin
              Till I Come!
              • Jun 2004

from progressive-sounds

Mark Pember, the man known as Meat Katie is a ceaseless devotee of "music for music's sake". He started out as a bass player in a number of skate-punk bands, signing to Iggy Pop's Kill City Records at seventeen. His first electronic project was Ceasefire on Wall Of Sound, before going on to release his first album - a garage jazz lo-fi work featuring a variety of vocalists including Kurt Wagner (Lambchop) and alternative country star Greg Garing - as Avenue A on R&S. He began his solo Meat Katie project in 1996, producing two albums on Kingsize, collaborating with Dylan Rhymes, Rennie Pilgrem, BLIM, Arthur Baker, Christian J, Elite Force, and Lee Coombs, and a producing a ream of exciting remixes. He ran his own Whole 9 Yards label for the past decade and there's an active release schedule planned for his new label, Lot 49, where he aims to continue breaking new British talent. Currently back in the studio to finish off his third Meat Katie album alongside Elite Force, Mark will be touring all over the world later in the year.

"The crowd have accepted me musically, I've connected with them and I'm comfortable here. Which is probably what every DJ wants. I've never in my life cheesed it up at FABRICLIVE. There aren't many clubs in the world of this size where you can keep it underground, where you can just grind it, and the crowd can appreciate the DJs for what they do. They don't turn up expecting build-ups and fire-works, each DJ is allowed to give their bit and that's what's so great about the club, and it's what's great about the series." - Meat Katie on Fabric

On FABRICLIVE 21, Meat Katie provides a full throttle eclectic late night dancefloor mash up. Lee Coombs vocal led 'Banned Practice' sets the pace as Mark weaves through the throbbing beats of Albino Allstars, bristling atmospheres with Abe Duque's reworking of Tim Wright and attention grabbing vocals from UNKLE over Infusion's enthralling 'Better World'. Real ear-openers include Jem Stone & JC's 'Disco Daze', Meat Katie's own grinding remix of 'Salty', Lee Coombs' energetic mix of Virtualmismo, Vandal's unreleased 'Mad as Hell' on Lot 49, and future breakbeat heroes Atomic Hooligan's evocative 'Shine a Light' keeps the listener gripped to the very last note.

"I love to mash up styles and genres. I've never been one to play it safe." - Meat Katie on the mix

This eagerly anticipated album is available to subcribers of the Fabric CD series on the 4th April 2005, with the general release in the UK & Europe on April 18th 2005 to be followed by the US and the rest of the world on the 10th May 2005. If you want to ensure you are amongst first to receive any of the albums in the Fabric or Fabric Live series, you can subscribe to receive them directly to your doorstep at www.fabriclondon.com

Comment

• remoh
                Platinum Poster
                • Jun 2004

Re: Meat Katie

do the hustle!!!
                [URL="http://www.darkdrums.com/"]| Visit www.darkdrums.com |
                |http://myspace.com/darkdrumsmusic |

Comment

• Lorn
                  Looking for a title!
                  • Sep 2004

Originally posted by esef
                  would you like to Meet Katie?
                  Sweet pictures dude!

Comment

• th33f
                    Getting Somewhere
                    • Feb 2005

don't laugh, but i thought it was a SHE... my bad...

Comment

Working...