• Nov 2004

2/26: Steve Gerrard @ Remote Lounge, NYC

Groovanauts Party @ Remote Lounge

DJs:
    Steve Gerrard
    Dany Veltri
    George Macys

$3 beers 10pm-12am!

Remote is located at 327 Bowery between 2nd and 3rd Streets on the border of two lower Manhattan neighborhoods: the East Village and Noho. It's a short strut, saunter, or stroll from SoHo, the Lower East Side, the West Village and the Flatiron District.

Nearby Subway stops:
    - the 6 at Bleecker
    - the F and V at Broadway-Lafayette or 2nd Avenue
    - the B and D at Broadway-Lafayette
    - the N and R to 8th Street or to Prince Street

Ingin bermain slot online dengan aman, nyaman, dan mengasikkan? Disinilah Tempatnya! karena Rajapanen adalah penyedia situs slot online gacor terbaru 2024!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

STEVE GERRARD (Wrecked Angle / Filta):

"Steve Gerrard is another DJ who is making a name for himself by delivering great sets everywhere he goes. He always rocks it at Bedrock when he plays." - John Digweed

Steve Gerrard is a name that, if you follow progressive music, you will be hearing plenty of this year. Hailing from Chester, he now lives in Birmingham, UK and got his first taste of house music in 1994 when he was given a copy of the first Renaissance album. He recalls hearing the track "Song Of Life" by Leftfield and it completely changed his ear for music and his life today. In 1998, Steve won Muzik Magazine's Bedroom Bedlam competition, and 2 years later won the Ericsson Award for Best Bedroom Bedlam DJ. Since then his career has gone from strength to strength. With influences that range from the Sasha and Digweed, Nick Warren and Danny Howells to Adam Freeland and Hybrid and the technical skills of Anthony Pappa, he has developed a unique style. Which is: deep, progressive house mixed with breakbeat, building steadily and creating a set which is more than the sum of its parts. All the while keeping in mind that it is his job to make people want to dance and keep on dancing.

These days, Steve's living the life that many aspiring DJ's dream of. He gets to travel all over the world, meet new people and play great music. "If you're lucky", he says, "this job allows you to do all of those things, and that's something I'm very grateful for." Although we know it's more than just luck that will take you places. Some of Steve's notable accomplishments include: Winning the Ericsson Muzik Award (best bedroom bedlam DJ 2000), starting his own successful club night in Birmingham called Subspace and headlining at some of the world's greatest clubs. He also produces as one half of both Filta and Wrecked Angle.

Now with a full DJing schedule, Steve has been invited to play around the world at clubs like Bedrock, Home (London), Nikita (San Francisco), Giant (LA), Spundae (WMC Miami), Limelight (NYC), Skysound (Mexico), Fluid (Hong Kong), Code (Birmingham), Ministry of Sound, The End (London), Passport (Moscow), Gas Club (Sydney), El Campo (Argentina) and Trance Buddha (Amsterdam), as well as being picked by Steve Lawler to be resident at his Midweek Session night. Steve's played alongside the A list of DJs, and his broad musical tastes saw him invited to appear as the support DJ for Oasis at Wembley Stadium in front of 93,000 people!!! Steve's mixes have been featured on such infamous dance radio shows such as Pete Tong's Essential Selection and John Digweed's Kiss FM show in London. He also mixed a CD for the cover of Muzik Magazine (December 2000).

As if the life of a jet-setting wasn't enough, Steve's now also focusing on production. He and studio partner Russell Pearce have released tracks and remixes under the names Wrecked Angle (breaks) and Filta (progressive). With releases on Minimal, Intrinsic & Choo Choo, plus remixes for the likes of Baroque, Navigation and 3 Beat. John Digweed, Sasha, Nick Warren, Anthony Pappa, Steve Lawler, Hybrid, James Zabiela and Danny Howells have all been supporting their tracks. Xpander called Steve "one of the most impressive upcoming DJ's in the world", and Chris from Hybrid said in Muzik magazine that "Steve is one of the best up and coming DJs I've heard in a long time. He has very similar tunes in his box to me, actually - deep, progressive tracks that aren't too shiny! I walked into a club recently and he was playing most of the stuff I was going to play... God knows where he gets all those tunes!" If you're looking for new talent this year, look no further...

Dany Veltri and George Macys:

Dany Veltri and George Macys will always consider themselves fans of EDM above anything else. Before ever knowing what a DJ did, these native east coasters spent every possible moment at clubs soaking in as much music as they possible could. It was this passion for the music that inspired them to start DJ?ing. Theor style blends tribal, tech and progressive house with elements of trance and breaks. Not limited to genres, Dany and George hold themselves to only one rule ? if you love it, play it.

Having spun at 340, Alphabet Lounge, Happy Ending, Hook, Sullivan Room, Seho, and Voodoo Lounge in 2004, 2005 promises to be a busy year as Dany Veltri and George Macys start a new monthly residency at Remote Lounge NYC, where thet will be playing alongside the likes of Steve Gerrard, Ben Lost and DC?s EMC Crew.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Remote Lounge:

Remote is a revolutionary new concept in nightlife entertainment. Located in downtown Manhattan, it is a technology-themed cocktail lounge and new media art space unlike anything else in the world. The lounge is outfitted with over 60 video cameras - covering every square foot of the space from multiple angles - and this live video is displayed on over 100 output devices, such as CRTs, LCDs, large format plasma screens and video projectors. Into this mix of live feeds are an everchanging roster of digital and analog video artworks, animation, special effects, web-based art and interactive multimedia created by both emerging and established new media artists.

Telepresence
    Controlled Entropy Ventures (CEV), the developers of Remote, describe the lounge as a "telepresence" environment. The appeal inherent in this seemingly contradictory concept has been noted by a number of techno-sociologists working in fields like video-conferencing and Virtual Reality. At Remote, all of the cameras within the lounge are controllable by the bar patrons themselves, who can view the output of the different cameras at custom-designed Cocktail Consoles?. The Cocktail Consoles? also allow customers to then remotely pan and tilt any camera they are viewing using a joystick. Patrons therefore"spy" on other patrons and will be "spied" on in return. The cameras act as the "remote eyeballs," or the visual prosthetics, of the bar customers. This distortion of the usual way in which people interact, at the same time more (virtually) intimate and (physically) remote then typical bar encounters, is at the core of the fun to be had using the gadgets at Remote.

Rather than focus on the "Big Brother" association with the surveillance technology that has been co-opted and adapted to use in the lounge, CEV founders point out that their version of telepresence is used to very different ends then traditional surveillance implementations. First of all, access to the system is mutual, bilateral and consensual - nobody gets to violate anyone else's privacy in a manner that they would not be subject to themselves. Secondly, the environment is designed to encourage exploration, experimentation and human interaction rather than to control or protect people or property.

Design
    The "telepresence" capability, along with the retro-future stylings of the Cocktail Consoles? themselves, evokes a 1960s vision of the future - part Jetsons, part 2001 A Space . Furthermore, TV screens over the bar and along the walls pick up random camera channels to create a richly textured funhouse mirror effect, where the physical arrangement of the lounge itself and the people in it are fractured and re-presented in a complex, constantly-changing, multilayered way.
  • translucent
    Getting warmed up
    • Nov 2004

reduced list: guestlist@groovanauts.com

Comment

• thesightless
      Someone will marry me. Hell Yeah!
      • Jun 2004

gonna be down to this.
      your life is an occasion, rise to it.

Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
      download that. deep shit listed there

my dick is its own superhero.

Comment

• translucent
        Getting warmed up
        • Nov 2004

Re: 2/26: Steve Gerrard @ Remote Lounge, NYC

$3 beers 10pm-12am!

Comment

• thesightless
          • Jun 2004

you just made me arrive early.

Comment

• code11
            Addiction started
            • Jun 2004

Nice Pics. The lounge looks bad ass. Such cool 50's Sci-Fi furniture.

Comment

• thesightless
              • Jun 2004

who's Coming to this???

PM me, a couple of us are gonna gather for drinks before hand. dinner also if you wanna come in earlier. again, just PM.

Gerrard is gonna rip it up.

Comment

• dvs
                Gold Gabber
                • Jun 2004

i'll be there, hopefully i get to meet some of you...
                "America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." - Abraham Lincoln

"the progressive sound will not come back because it's already here; you just need to search for it." - Mo Shic

Comment

• mmglobal
                  Gold Gabber
                  • Sep 2004

reduced guestlist? What would the cover be after the "reduction?" Who's got the Remote hookup and can set up a list so we don't have to pay to get in? On a budget this month...would love to make it tho.
                  Peace.

Comment

• translucent
                    Getting warmed up
                    • Nov 2004

Originally posted by mmglobal
                    reduced guestlist? What would the cover be after the "reduction?" Who's got the Remote hookup and can set up a list so we don't have to pay to get in? On a budget this month...would love to make it tho.
                    $7 on groovanauts.com list, $10 not on list. I'm on a budget too. Still gotta pay Steve though. We'll be lucky if we break even.

Comment

Working...