• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Shpira
    Angry Boy Child
    • Oct 2006

Queens Day Amsterdam

Hi guys,

I am off to amsterdam on thursady for queens day...i was wondering if anyone had done this "event" before and if you could offer any advice? Also I have never really visited Amsterdam so any advice on how to avoid the touristy stuff and see the real deal is much appreciated.

Cheers

p.s. so far: I think I'll check this out...

Rejected & Cassey and Friends at Club Trouw- Top DJs spin a slamming mix of techno, minimal and techhouse to keep the Trouw dance floor packed until Queen's Day dawns. Line-up includes Technasia, Joris Voorn, Edwin Oosterwal and Cassy. 22:30 - 05:00, 15 euros.
    The Idiots ARE Winning.

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."
    Mark Twain

SOBRIETY MIX
  • Michael^Heaven
    Platinum Poster
    • May 2008

Re:

My first trip to Amsterdam was for Queens Day. Massive!

A few tips...get there early enough to rest. Pace yourself. Queens Day night (the night before Queens Day) is insane for club events. Queens Day is basically all of the outdoor parties. I tried not to plan much & just went with the flow. On Queens Day, the city center basically shuts down all basic transportation services (trams, taxis, etc). So, you just walk around & party hop. There are multiple large stages with all different types of music, drum circles, boats with sound systems, gypsies, beer/food stands, you name it. There are also little suprises here & there. Such as the party ran by the Hells Angels that I discoverd in the Red Light District. Decks saddled in the window of a flat, 3 djs, approx. 150 people raging.

Comment

• Shpira
      Angry Boy Child
      • Oct 2006

Re: Queens Day Amsterdam

Thanks for the advice mate...will be sure to look up that hells angels gig...and yeah it will be a true test of character
      The Idiots ARE Winning.

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."
      Mark Twain

SOBRIETY MIX

Comment

• Petra
        Fresh Peossy
        • Nov 2010

The best day of the year to visit Amsterdam - if you know where to go! There are a lot of guides online. Personally I tend to avoid the big squares and head for "smaller" parties (still with thousands of people) like Earth in Jordaan. If you are lucky enough to get invited on a boat it really is the best way to experience it all. Just sitting by a canal watching all the boats go by is great fun.

Getting around the city will take a lot of time as there are so many people everywhere so stay centrally and don't make a too ambitious schedule. On Queen's Day evening there's going to be a BBQ in the garden of Panama and a party inside the club from 8 onwards: http://www.panama.nl/events/agenda.p...b9db18de0f2255

Comment

• fatalfelix
          Platinum Poster
          • May 2008

I live in Holland and Queensday in Amsterdam is very massive . On thursday night Sven Vath has a special Birthday gig with his Cocoon family in Club Air. You should really check that out! On Queensnight there are also a couple of nice raves in all clubs (for example 20 years of Planet E with Carl Craig, Dimitri and Moodymann (also @ Club Air)), but on saturday there are about a million people in Amsterdam, so find a nice spot as far as possible from the railway station ^^. Enjoy, and have a great Queensday .

scedule for Queensdaynight (everything is on it except some illigal and exclusive party's like Schwung in the Bunker.)

(The Loveland stage is pretty nice @ Sportpark Parkschouwburg http://www.koninginnedagamsterdam.nl...y/details.html)

scedule for Queensday
          "Computer games don’t affect kids: I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we’d all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."

Comment

• bobjuice
            Banned
            • May 2008

keep us posted Shpira, cheers

Comment

• Shpira
              Angry Boy Child
              • Oct 2006

So came back last night...
              Sven Vath was amazing...he played a god damn killer set...ended up going to that and came to at like 10 am in some whore house in south Amsterdam...no idea how I ended up there...friday was a bit of a blur got really drunk and visited several parties can't remember a whole lot to be honest hehe...saturday was probably the best day that I recall...started up in the nearest coffee shop and going from party to party...beautiful woman, beer and weed...finished the night by taking some shrooms and listening to an amazing elke kleijn set...sunday...i met a nice girl who worked at one of the coffee shops and ended up talking to her for like 6 hours...was supposed to meet her at some DnB party...but instead went for a steak and walked around red light district bars drinking and smoking...monday took it easy went to a coffee shop and took a taxi to airport....

All in all...I think I will be going back there some time soon
              The Idiots ARE Winning.

Mark Twain

SOBRIETY MIX

Comment

• feather
                Shanghai ooompa loompa
                • Jul 2004

Sounds like you had an awesome time! Any pics??

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
                a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
                Originally posted by m1sT3rL
                Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• Shpira
                  Angry Boy Child
                  • Oct 2006

some not many though...I rarely take any...but will have a look at what I managed to capture when I get back home
                  The Idiots ARE Winning.

Mark Twain

SOBRIETY MIX

Comment

• Dhar_2
                    meat and potatoes
                    • Jun 2004

queens day! watch your back!

Comment

• fatalfelix
                      Platinum Poster
                      • May 2008

The Cocoon night was indeed awesome
                      "Computer games don’t affect kids: I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we’d all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."

Comment

• Petra
                        Fresh Peossy
                        • Nov 2010

Hahahaha Shpira sounds like you really went for it... We had a wedding on Friday and a boat party on Saturday. Brilliant weather, great people, amazing music

Comment

• DIDI
                          Aussie Pest
                          • Nov 2004

^^^ Damn !! Have to be a member
                          Originally posted by TheVrk
                          it IS incredible isn't it??
                          STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
                          Simply does not get any better than Hernan
                          The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• chanty
                            John, John, where art thou!
                            • Jun 2004

Hookers, weed, booze and shrooms...hmmm! Happy Queens day!

Ps...I do love Amsterdam, been there twice!
                            Awww...I didn't mean A holes, as in "A holes"...I meant it like, as in, my friends....

Comment

• DIDI
                              Aussie Pest
                              • Nov 2004

^^^ Nothing there for me I'm afraid
                              Originally posted by TheVrk
                              it IS incredible isn't it??
                              STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
                              Simply does not get any better than Hernan
                              The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

Working...