X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • feather
    Shanghai ooompa loompa
    • Jul 2004

Re: Happy Birthday MS Users - Birthday Megathread

I think this is an over reaction ... we don't always see the forum flooded with bday threads, only certain months ... I prefer individual threads.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
    a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
    Originally posted by m1sT3rL
    Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• DIDI
      Aussie Pest
      • Nov 2004

^^^ Even if we did it would be a hundred times better than the drivel that, may I remind people, got the politics forum shut down. !! Birthday threads were fun happy things.
      Originally posted by runningman
      putting everyone in the same pot and community are the same thing.

I like this better. Now we won't have 20% of the threads in GYY dedicated to birthdays.
      Putting everyone in the same pot is almost the polar opposite of democratic communities . Putting everyone in the same pot takes away choice. The birthday threads were definitely one of the bright spots for me.
      Originally posted by TheVrk
      it IS incredible isn't it??
      STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
      Simply does not get any better than Hernan
      The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• DancingQueen
        AVB FanClub | President
        • Oct 2005

Originally posted by feather
        I think this is an over reaction ... we don't always see the forum flooded with bday threads, only certain months ... I prefer individual threads.
        Exactly. Why do we have to group them, that doesn't make sense.....what is wrong with someone having a personal thread? Why can't someone be recognized and celebrated on their special day?!

Moving them to a different part of the forum is ok, although I think they are more fitting for the GYY instead of the section they've been moved too (which is a section of the forum that people don't really visit, well I shouldn't speak for everyone, but I definitely don't go in that section all that often....1st time I've been in there since I started here I think)
        sigpic
        RIP Steve "Jibs" James - Your footprint is forever on my soul and in my heart xoxo
        RIP Jeff Shewchuk aka DJ Jeff Taylor (day_for_night) - You will live on in my heart forever xoxo

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Comment

• DIDI
          Aussie Pest
          • Nov 2004

You can certainly speak for me here. You hit the nail on the head with "special "
          STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..

Comment

• floridaorange
            I'm merely a humble butler
            • Dec 2005

Originally posted by picklemonkey
            I think we should move all birthday threads into the Community forum:

http://www.mercuryserver.com/forums/...ty-amp-Goodies

(Ben Watt face palm) You're taking advice from someone who pretty much caused the closing of an entire section? Did he even have his own bday thread this year?

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• runningman
              Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
              • Jun 2004

90% of the posts in Birthday threads are:

HB _______
              Happy Birthday ________
              Cheers have a drink tonight ______

If that is the highlight of MS for ya I don't know what to tell ya.. Politics has nothing to do with what is going on here. The times are changing remember.. Facebook them or whatever else you do with your friends.. This is the future.

Also how hard is it?? If you see it is someone's birthday then come in this thread... odds are the HB crap will already be flowing. If not start it for them.

I wasn't the reason the politics section was shut down.. I was the reason was anyone was even in there.. ..

Comment

• DIDI
                Aussie Pest
                • Nov 2004

Way to get people to come to this board , tell them to piss off to facebook

Btw if you actually read the birthday threads they are a source of some excellent friendly and funny posts . Some more so than others but certainly throwing out the baby with the bath water is a dumb idea.

Another idea , a restriction on the size of sigs !!

Comment

• runningman
                  Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
                  • Jun 2004

I'm trying to get new people here with new ideas and to limit the MS old guard from having all the say on here. Do you think new members give a shit who's birthday it is?

Why don't we just talk music for a while.. and if it's someone's birthday come here.. this is the new home.

God Obama was right change is hard.

Comment

• DIDI
                    Aussie Pest
                    • Nov 2004

So many things wrong with that post.

Firstly, what you are trying to do is give yourself relevance .

The old guard as you call it are actually the MS community and one thing that the old guard did was make people welcome better than any forum I have ever been on. The old guard are the people who cared enough to stick around. Personally I would like to see many new members who hang around long enough to become a part of an old guard !! Do you really think people want to be told what they can discuss in GYY ?? Particularly by someone like you. ???

We do discuss music, but as a living breathing community we have other interests that we sometimes want to share with this community we have loved for years. We want also to discuss the ways that this forum is going, without being told to piss off to facebook.

I restore furniture and I always say good restoration makes something look like it has been treasured all it's life. This is what I would wish for this board.

Comment

• runningman
                      Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
                      • Jun 2004

I'm not telling you to go to FB.. I'm telling you if you want to say HB to someone do it here.. I made the suggestion, I don't have the authority to make it happen.

If Adam thinks it's a good idea then take it up with him. Why is it though when someone tries to change the smallest little thing on here "the usuals" come out guns blazing? and by usuals I don't mean feather.

Comment

• Huggie Smiles
                        Anyone have Styx livesets?
                        • Jun 2004

Why don't we just talk music for a while...
                        start some music threads RM
                        ....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....

Comment

• runningman
                          Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
                          • Jun 2004

I did.. I just got done talking about TIesto

Comment

• demonAfro
                            Are you Kidding me??
                            • Jun 2004

20% of the threads in GYY
                            change the smallest little thing on here

Comment

• mnbvcxz
                              Platinum Poster
                              • Feb 2006

Is wishing someone happy b'day really necessary full stop? Seriously...

Comment

• DIDI
                                Aussie Pest
                                • Nov 2004

Of course it isn't , it's never been compulsory But it's what friends within a community tend to do.

Comment

Working...