Clear All
  • feather
    Shanghai ooompa loompa
    • Jul 2004

Re: Happy Birthday MS Users - Birthday Megathread

I'm used to managing kids in China

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
    a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
    Originally posted by m1sT3rL
    Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• DIDI
      Aussie Pest
      • Nov 2004

Originally posted by TheVrk
      it IS incredible isn't it??
      STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
      Simply does not get any better than Hernan
      The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• Illuminate
        DUDERZ get a life!!!
        • Aug 2009

Originally posted by runningman
        Illuminate I'm sorry if you felt overwhelmed about Politics section. That place did get carried away sometimes.. But there were a lot of guys there with very strong opinions.. You must understand in our ignorance we have argued for years about political issues.. So I do apologize if you felt intimidated. Believe me as King of the Politics section I would have welcomed you because I have been on a mission the last couple months urging new members to talk because I recognized that it was just the same people talking all the time over and over..

What I love about MS is getting INSTANT opinions from across the globe... So if it ever opens again believe me.. Join in!!
        Haha cheers.
        In politics the problem is getting in a point when you guys are pretty much trying to vocally burn each other. I guess that's where I find the intimidation in politics. The subject matter is introduced, some one rebuts, and then its on like donkey kong. So then its another few pages of just cursing and proving people why they;re wrong. But believe me addicted to it, really enjoy reading through the opinions people have towards governments and economics.

But do keep it up, no need for a Politic forum renaissance.

The One contains the Many, and the Many contains the One:
        Sbando
        - You Will Be Missed.

"Mankind has the propensity to fuck itself up on anything it lays its hands on."
        Feather

"Who moderates this forum and makes these decisions? Stevie Wonder?"
        Bob
        "i'd give her a muscle she doesn't have "
        the banned1

"I love you Illuminate... that's divine/creator/God in me loving the origin of you."
        KiwiTollway

Comment

• floridaorange
          I'm merely a humble butler
          • Dec 2005

Originally posted by runningman
          . I was just sick of seeing them all the time.
          Where's Toasty?

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• runningman
            Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
            • Jun 2004

ignore

Comment

• DIDI
              Aussie Pest
              • Nov 2004

Originally posted by picklemonkey
              Thank you for this. I was worried about scaring new members away, but this is a refreshing take on the situation. I'll just personally get over the number of birthday threads if I can know that it's not keeping other members away
              What happened to this ???
              STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..

Comment

• AntonyM
                DUDERZ get a life!!!
                • Oct 2004

If we are going to start a b day megathread, might as well have a tiesto bashing thread, a top ten anti DJ Mag Poll thread, any thread where a newbie wonders why people bash on melodic trance, and a few other megathreads from constantly recylced threads with different titles. B Day threads have always been cool and jeez its always the same thirty or so people who wish anyone anything anyway, so what is the big fuckin deal. Liberate the individual, liberate the birthday threads.

Bring back the Politcs Forum too, what is this prison camp?
                Originally posted by Shpira
                So came back last night...
                Sven Vath was amazing...he played a god damn killer set...ended up going to that and came to at like 10 am in some whore house in south Amsterdam...no idea how I ended up there...friday was a bit of a blur got really drunk and visited several parties can't remember a whole lot to be honest hehe...saturday was probably the best day that I recall...started up in the nearest coffee shop and going from party to party...beautiful woman, beer and weed...finished the night by taking some shrooms and listening to an amazing elke kleijn set...sunday...i met a nice girl who worked at one of the coffee shops and ended up talking to her for like 6 hours...was supposed to meet her at some DnB party...but instead went for a steak and walked around red light district bars drinking and smoking...monday took it easy went to a coffee shop and took a taxi to airport....

All in all...I think I will be going back there some time soon
                Originally posted by Illuminate
                Let me get this straight.

So white-middle class Americans have been told by their Television sets to be fearful of:

1. Mexicans/Latinos from the South bringing drugs and killings n' shit.
                2. African Americans cause mos def they are raging a race war and want to occupy America like how the plebs occupied Wall St.
                3. Iranians/Afghans/Any one of middle eastern origin to be quite frank, cause you know Islam...
                4. North Koreans/Chinese cause you know everything...

Am I close here?

Comment

• Dhar_2
                  meat and potatoes
                  • Jun 2004

Happy birthday MS!

Comment

• bobjuice
                    Banned
                    • May 2008

Happy Birthday ms

Comment

• bobjuice
                      Banned
                      • May 2008

Originally posted by AntonyM
                      If we are going to start a b day megathread, might as well have a tiesto bashing thread, a top ten anti DJ Mag Poll thread, any thread where a newbie wonders why people bash on melodic trance, and a few other megathreads from constantly recylced threads with different titles. B Day threads have always been cool and jeez its always the same thirty or so people who wish anyone anything anyway, so what is the big fuckin deal. Liberate the individual, liberate the birthday threads.

Bring back the Politcs Forum too, what is this prison camp?
                      ^ Word

I'm 40 this year and was hoping for my own banner, never mind own thread

Comment

• DIDI
                        Aussie Pest
                        • Nov 2004

Comment

• diegoff
                          Are you Kidding me??
                          • Jun 2004

I liked the individual threads.
                          It´s a spiritual thing!

feb 2021 https://soundcloud.com/diegoarv/pand...os-inflamables
                          Sept 26th https://soundcloud.com/diegoarv/earthling-vibes
                          May 1st 2020 https://soundcloud.com/diegoarv/current

Comment

• bobjuice
                            Banned
                            • May 2008

Originally posted by diegoff
                            I liked the individual threads.
                            Yeah, most people did mate

Comment

• floridaorange
                              I'm merely a humble butler
                              • Dec 2005

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• Kat
                                A pretty fn good milkshake
                                • Mar 2006

Originally posted by bobjuice
                                90% of birthday cards say no more than "happy birthday" or "best wishes" along with a pic of some kind. So what? The point is that it's a personal gesture, a way of letting someone know you gave them a thought on their birthday. No more no less.

If it's not your thing then simply avoid, no one will care.

Personally i'm not really into films but i don't call for the film section to be moved or removed.

Where did someone say birthday threads are the highlight of [ms] for them ?
                                And if it is, again, so what? Isn't that up to them?

as for you "not knowing what to tell people" - don't tell them anything, just mind your own business.

GYY was has been a great forum all the time i've been a member of [ms] and your own contribution to it has been nothing at all.

"this is the future" ?? What is?
                                yes!

Originally posted by Garrick

lol

Originally posted by chanty
                                Well I'm dissapointed with the merged bday thread. This may sound ultra lame but it was always really special to wake up on your birthday and see all of the well wishes and funny pics in your very own thread! I'll really miss that! Pickle, it was your decision to do it but you may have not if RM hadn't mentioned it. Way to go!
                                yes!

Originally posted by picklemonkey
                                The threads still exist, and you can still post them... they're just in the Community forum instead of GYY.
                                no!

Originally posted by DIDI
                                On the contrary!! The birthday threads are a way to let to people know that this is a friendly forum. It makes them feel welcome! So a part of the board that isn't working you try and force people to go to ??? Wouldn't the logical thing be get rid of something that isn't working ?? Or at the very least ask us why we don't use it. Perhaps you should put the community forum in GYY.
                                double yes!!!

Oh ok! Thanks Pickle!

Just took a look over there and boy is it a dead area! Last post was in Feb and then the one before that was Dec 2010. Hmm....Could be missing alot of birthday wishes! I'd still prefer it in GYY. It's not like there a new bday thread everyday!
                                yes!

Great to have you here Illuminate! Welcome!
                                welcome!

Originally posted by Illuminate
                                The only place I felt intimated was in the Politics, very interesting opinions being presented and loved everything that was posted up. But 'community value'. Shit no. You'd fear to be slashed by superiority.

But the whole argument of the 'good ole days' and knowing each other; isn't that was a community is?

Apart from say Politics, this is a great forum EDM related or not, this things I find in here are first class, and the commitment and general enthusiasm from people shocks me at times.
                                Like everyone I guess newbies start in Promos and slowly move into the GYY, of course it's going to take time to settle in and be known within this 'community'.

And that is my two cents.
                                yes!

Originally posted by AchtungBaby!

this is all i wanted to say!
                                ♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪• אין סוף •♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•

Music is essential for the expression of non material ideals and energies. Music colors our surroundings with emanations from the highest vibrational fields. It allows us to escape all limitations in our thinking and very existence.

Comment

Working...