President Bush says there was a relationship with...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • superdave
    Platinum Poster
    • Jun 2004

President Bush says there was a relationship with...

Al Qaeda and Iraq, but Iraq wasn't directly involved with the 9/11 attacks.

This bothers me because what exactly does "relationship" mean? Bush actually had relationships with the Bin Laden family. He had them all flown out of the country right after 9/11 happened. Is that reason to go to war with him too?

These alleged "ties" or relationships between Iraq are Al Qaeda are somewhat far reaching and can be disputed.

Can he just tell us that it was about money and stabilizing the price of oil?
    Never interrupt your enemy when he's making a mistake - Napoleon Bonaparte
  • MJDub
    Are you Kidding me??
    • Jun 2004

This thread goes better with...

:wink:
    http://www.myspace.com/mjdubmusic

You can't have manslaughter without laughter.

"Son," he said without preamble, "never trust a man who doesn't drink because he's probably a self-righteous sort, a man who thinks he knows right from wrong all the time. Some of them are good men, but in the name of goodness, they cause most of the suffering in the world. They're the judges, the meddlers. And, son, never trust a man who drinks but refuses to get drunk. They're usually afraid of something deep down inside, either that they're a coward or a fool or mean and violent. You can't trust a man who's afraid of himself. But sometimes, son, you can trust a man who occasionally kneels before a toilet. The chances are that he is learning something about humility and his natural human foolishness, about how to survive himself. It's damned hard for a man to take himself too seriously when he's heaving his guts into a dirty toilet bowl."

Comment

• Galapidate
      Addiction started
      • Jun 2004

Re: President Bush says there was a relationship with...

Originally posted by superdave
      No, because then he wouldn't be re-elected...

Comment

• superdave
        Platinum Poster
        • Jun 2004

wrong forum

you're right mj.
        Never interrupt your enemy when he's making a mistake - Napoleon Bonaparte

Comment

• Balanc3
          Platinum Poster
          • Jun 2004

aaaakkk too much politics.
          JourneyDeep .into the sound

Comment

• el presidente Highsteppa
            Platinum Poster
            • Jun 2004

Maybe Iraq and al Queada were friends with benefits. Or better yet "ummmmm....friends" (friends that you fuck, but you refer to them as friends when you're introducing them to other company - as in: Hey guys, this is Nicki my.....ummmmmm....friend).
            Score so far: Owned ZoverTard 8 times - twice in one week! Twice more in same weekend.

More than six months later - he's still pissed LOL - check the last visitor - guess who the last visitor is on my profile page.

His newest incarnation this week:♫♫♫♫♫♫

Comment

• mylexicon
              Addiction started
              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by superdave
              Al Qaeda and Iraq, but Iraq wasn't directly involved with the 9/11 attacks.

This bothers me because what exactly does "relationship" mean? Bush actually had relationships with the Bin Laden family. He had them all flown out of the country right after 9/11 happened. Is that reason to go to war with him too?

These alleged "ties" or relationships between Iraq are Al Qaeda are somewhat far reaching and can be disputed.

I watched a show on this recently. There actually was a very open relationship
              between Saddam and Al-Queda but it was mainly unthreatening. Since back
              in the 90's Iraq was hooking Osama up with small arms and other weaponry
              and Osama asked about using Iraq to have a terrorist training facility but the
              deal fell through. There is no doubt that Osama and Saddam talked either
              personally or through other people on numerous occasions, but for some reason
              communications kept going cold over and over again. But keep in mind these
              are only the things we know about. I don't think that there is much more to
              the story than that, but Iraq actually did play a role as a third party. Iraq is
              in between Afghanistan and Saudi Arabia and it appears that many meetings
              and deals may have transpired in the desert of Iraq and some of them
              were facilitated by Iraqi officials. Freeing Iraq was more of a strategic
              geographical move when it come to fighting the war on terror.
              Be a vegan......eat freedom fries..

Comment

• Huggie Smiles
                Anyone have Styx livesets?
                • Jun 2004

jon stewart and the daily show - classic stuff
                last night
                ....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....

Comment

• rewing3
                  I really don't care
                  • Jun 2004

It was all a big lie anyways. Bush wanted to finish what his daddy could not in iraq. That is what I think.
                  Common Sense is not Common at all.

Comment

• HoneyBearKelly
                    Addiction started
                    • Jun 2004

Osama was even too crazy for Saddam.
                    Cat formerly known as Cheshire
                    *cue imperial death march"

Comment

• mixu
                      Travel Guru Extraordinaire
                      • Jun 2004

I suppose you could say the relationship is the US...

Bin Laden was trained by the CIA.

Saddam was funded by the US.

The US 're-introduced' the notion of jihad for its purposes in the Soviet-Afghanistan war.

Umm, anyone buying this? Thought not...
                      Ask me a question...

Comment

• Alpinevpr
                        Getting Somewhere
                        • Jun 2004

I think Saddam had ties to Bin Laden. Now if Bush went into Iraq for WMD, or stop terrorism or to finish what his dad started it doesn't matter. A dictator that commited genocide is out of power and the country will be better off.

Comment

• tiddles
                          Encryption, Jr.
                          • Jun 2004

my understanding is that Bin Laden tried to get Saddam to change Iraq to a more fundamentalist state...they met several times but saddam didn't want to and bin laden hates him for it now.

Comment

• brakada
                            Gold Gabber
                            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by mylexicon
                            Occupying Iraq was more of a strategic
                            geographical move when it comes to controlling the world.
                            Agreed. totally. :wink:

Still, I don't see how the war in Iraq fits in with the War on terrorism. Sure, Sadam financed Palestinian terrorists, but then Israel could attack it as a part of a War on terrorism, and not the US. Sadam had to be careful that he wasn't too associated with the Al quaeda, cause that would probably help Americans get all they international support they would need to attack Iraq. I mean the coallition eliminated a threat in the region, but that only inspired more people in the region to be enclined towards terrorism.
                            We shall boldly dance, where no man has danced before..."

Comment

• Galapidate
                              Addiction started
                              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by brakada
                              Originally posted by mylexicon
                              Occupying Iraq was more of a strategic
                              geographical move when it comes to controlling the world.
                              Agreed. totally. :wink:

Still, I don't see how the war in Iraq fits in with the War on terrorism. Sure, Sadam financed Palestinian terrorists, but then Israel could attack it as a part of a War on terrorism, and not the US.
                              That's one of the ironies about the war on terror. Israel receives terrorist attacks on a weekly basis and the rest of the world thinks it does not have the right to defend itself. Israel is even condemned for retaliating. However, when America receives one attack, it launches this whole campaign to completely disrupt the Middle East, and it receives SOME support from other nations.

Comment

Working...