X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fatalfelix
    Platinum Poster
    • May 2008

Sasha @ Beach Club Woodstock (Netherlands) 07-05-2011

Can't wait till saturday . Sasha + sunset at the beach + the best day of the week (23c) . Can it get better? O, yeah it can, Pole Folder is also playing

Reworck Invites Sasha

When:
    Saturday, 7 May 2011, 15:00 till 00:00

Where:
    Woodstock69
    Zeeweg ongenummerd tent 7, Bloemendaal aan Zee (near the Amsterdam airport)
    Netherlands

Damn I'm already trippin in here. It was a very big wish to see him playing @ Ushuaia, but now I can see him at my own Dutch beach ^^. Are there any MS member going?
    "Computer games don’t affect kids: I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we’d all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."
  • simonr
    Transitionator
    • Jun 2004

Re: Sasha @ Beach Club Woodstock (Netherlands) 07-05-2011

Looks like a great afternoon/evening.
    sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• Frankiee
      Getting Somewhere
      • Nov 2009

i will be there. looks really good

Comment

• fatalfelix
        Platinum Poster
        • May 2008

Almost
        "Computer games don’t affect kids: I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we’d all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."

Comment

• Frankiee
          Getting Somewhere
          • Nov 2009

what a wonderful night! Sasha was great! few tracks he played

lemitoff
          empire of the sun - we are the people (wuwa remix)?
          the "people are lost.....in this world" tune

some crazy massive break tune

Comment

• fatalfelix
            Platinum Poster
            • May 2008

It was indeed a great night . That "in this world" track was: Greenville Massive - LOST

Will make a short review later .

Comment

• Frankiee
              Getting Somewhere
              • Nov 2009

^ ahh. great tune! do you know the name of the break tune as well?

Comment

• fatalfelix
                Platinum Poster
                • May 2008

I think you ment the Mano Le Tough - Baby Let's Love track, but I don't know wich mix it was.

Comment

• fatalfelix
                  Platinum Poster
                  • May 2008

Alwright, a little review:

It was saturday around 1PM and I left my room. Cycled to the train station and the journey began. The weather was really nice and it was about 27 degrees (it's like summer in may for Holland ). 2 hours later I arrived at the Amsterdam station and I took the bus to Haarlem. Because the weather was so great I rented a bike to cycle along the coast to the beachclub Woodstock.

There I was, Bloemendaal aan Zee. I watched the sea for a couple of minutes and walked to the club around 4PM. The wind was blowing in my hair and I felt great . Their resident dj was playing some laid back lounge tracks and I decited to lay down on the beach with a nice cold beer. It was really a pity that I was on my own (my other friends don't want to spent money on special gigs or they had other things to do ), because at that moment I really wanted to share my happiness with somebody. Luckily I had a little meeting later that day with a member of another music forum.

Around 6PM the grill was opened and I enjoyed the food. Fady Ferraye also started so the party began. Finished my meal and went to the dancefloor. Fady was playing some really nice tunes and it was a perfect warm up set for a perfect night. After he finished Pole Folder came in. One of his first tunes was a really big killertrack. It had such a nice float . The rest of the set was also nice and when the sun was going down he played some epic tracks like Oliver Schories - The Composer and Hollow. It really felt like I was somewhere on Ibiza. The palmtrees, the temperature, the people and the sun that was going down into the sea, just lovely .

Around 9PM Sasha came in. The party could start! He started off really slowly and the sound of the first hour was like his latest WOMB Tokyo set. When he played Midland - Leitmotif I had to think of the ADE Yacht Party that was also epic. After he "build" the place he began to play some more uptempo tunes and at the end he played big tunes after big tunes. The whole area was rising and everybody was going insane . He had to play till 11PM, but he went on till around 00:30 when he ended with Foals - Olympic Airways (Ewan Pearson mix) .

The way back was less fun ^^. It took about 3,5 hours and I was back at home around 4AM. But after all it doesn't matter, because I had a great day and I won't forget this great epic gig .

Some pics and vids:

Hector - Orale (SIS mix)

SIS - Breakdown

Layo & Bushwacka - Summer Gone

Mano Le Tough - Baby Let's Love (ID mix) edit: Midland mix

ID (really want to know ) edit: Julio Bashmore - Battle For Middle You

ID (same as above)

Thugfucker - Disco Gnome (Tale Of Us Remix)

Greenville Massive - LOST

Booka Shade - Scaramanga (Dusty Kid Remix)
                  ID (really want to know the 2nd tune ) EPIC!!!

Fritz Kalkbrenner - Kings In Exile (Booka Shade Remix)

Marc Romboy & Stéphan Bodzin - Callisto (Joris Voorn remix)

ID (really want to know )

Nero - Innocence (V_rtek mix)
                  Layo & Bushwacka - What Do You Say Now

Layo & Bushwacka - What Do You Say Now
                  Sasha - Sparky Lives (V_rtek mix)

ID

Empire Of The Sun - We Are The People (ID mix) edit: Wawa mix

Foals - Olympic Airways (Ewan Pearson mix)
                  Last edited by fatalfelix; May 9, 2011, 04:08:35 AM.

Comment

• floridaorange
                    I'm merely a humble butler
                    • Dec 2005

O.H M.Y G.O.D

Now that is what I call a party, shit man, thank you so much for posting these videos and recording them!!! I'm at a loss for words, epic epic epic!

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• gba
                      Fresh Peossy
                      • May 2011

Hi, i'm new to the forum today, looks great here . So i was there at the party yesterday, it was amazing, i came for Pole Folder & Sasha, for Sasha the most, and i have to say, he did an awesome job!. That Mano Le Tough track, thats the Midland Remix, its released already, just bought it on Beatport a week ago, awesome track

Comment

• floridaorange
                        • Dec 2005

Seriously, just wow. Those videos are so sick I can hardly stand it

Comment

• fatalfelix
                          Platinum Poster
                          • May 2008

:d

Comment

• maddlingo
                            Platinum Poster
                            • Jun 2004

Awesome review. Looks like a great venue. Damn I really want to see Sasha play somewhere
                            "Dream as if you''ll live forever, Live as if you''ll die today." -- James Dean --

Comment

• floridaorange
                              • Dec 2005

Originally posted by maddlingo
                              Awesome review. Looks like a great venue. Damn I really want to see Sasha play somewhere

I want to see Sasha at Club Woodstock

Comment

Working...