thx for these
    triscuits

Comment

• floridaorange
      I'm merely a humble butler
      • Dec 2005

Re: Digweed Structures Part Two - Album

Originally posted by simonr
      The club offers something different from the normal clubs that are out there and I wish that I lived a lot closer as the vibe in that venue is very special.
      Can someone articulate further what makes Vagabond special if they have been? I've haven't been yet (obv).

Thanks for posting these Simon!

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• DIDI
        Aussie Pest
        • Nov 2004

Very good !!
        Originally posted by TheVrk
        it IS incredible isn't it??
        STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
        Simply does not get any better than Hernan
        The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• chuckc
          DUDERZ get a life!!!
          • Jun 2004

John Digweed: The reason The Vagabond is so successful The club offers something different from the normal clubs that are out there and I wish that I lived a lot closer as the vibe in that venue is very special.

u can always relocate to fla john, we have the best weather, some of the best beaches in the world and we would love to have you here!!

also here is diggers structures2 disk1 minmix (thanx to chola)

Comment

• dusk
            DUDERZ get a life!!!
            • Jun 2004

Awesome! I just read JD post on facebook an hour ago where he posted the link to the minimix... gotta check it out right now....can't believe I haven't heard any EDM in weeks and now this... hurray
            ~ You are what you think you are ~

Comment

• adeelmir72
              Addiction started
              • Oct 2010

vagabond=Digweed in Vortex mode....

he personally looks forward to it and every person there is a true fan and u can just feel a huge digweed loving vibe in the place coz he knows it too, the more the dj is having fun and connecting to the place and people the more incredible the experience is. vagabond really brings out the best of the man, witnessed it twice and will def say that its different from any other digweed...its like his night there..this year i felt for a while he went back in time to the N.E. era
              triscuits

Comment

• chuckc
                DUDERZ get a life!!!
                • Jun 2004

^^^yeah i was there once in 2008 (still considered his best vagabond set by some) and I agree with all your points...Not to mention its a fairly small venue so it has the intimate feel to it also.

Comment

• hypoluxxa
                  Are you Kidding me??
                  • Jun 2004

Originally posted by clintlove
                  Available June 20th
                  3xCD / 3 x Limited 12" Vinyl / Digital Download

Structures Two
                  Mixed and compiled by John Digweed

This 3 disc release features 2 stunning mixes from John Digweed in the form of an ambient blissed out mix and a live recording from Los Angeles alongside an unmixed disc of full length Bedrock exclusives. A perfect soundtrack for your summer.

Featuring 44 tracks in total and with 28 exclusives from the likes of Robert Babicz, Oliver Lieb, King Unique, Guy J, Nick Warren, Tom Middleton, Marco Bailey, Vincenzo and many many more along with tracks and mixes from the likes of Timo Maas, Martin Dawson, Henrik Schwarz, Maetrik, Ellen Alien, Stephan Bodzin and Marc Romboy to name a few.

Exclusive Signed Limited Edition Slipcase copies available to pre-order now at http://bedrockmusic.bigcartel.com/products

Previews to follow at http://soundcloud.com/bedrock_rec

Tracklisting
                  CD 1 Blissed Out Electronica Mix
                  1.Guy J - Easy As Can Be - Tom Middleton Beatless Mix
                  2.Stelios Vassiloudis - I Burn Like - Ambient Mix
                  3.Christian Smith & John Selway - Mistral - Ambient Mix
                  4.Vincenzo & Elon - Yarra Valley - Reprise
                  5.Quivver - In Your Boat - Reprise
                  6.Wiretappeur - My Real Name Is - Reprise
                  7.Guy J - Lamur - AM Mix
                  8.Ian O'Donovan - Aurora Borealis - Reprise
                  9.John Digweed & Nick Muir - Bilder - Wiretappeur Reprise
                  10.King Unique & Anthony Pappa - Vamoosh - King Unique Kosmische Mix
                  11.King Unique - 2000000 Suns - KU Heat Death Of The Universe Mix
                  12.King Roc & Dimitri Nakov - Jardin Nights - From Paris & Berlin Mix
                  13.Robert Babicz - Pink Trees - On The Couch Journey Mix
                  14.Alan Fitzpatrick - Involve - Ambient Mix
                  15.Marco Bailey - Beaming - Downbeat Mix
                  16.Nick Warren - In Search Of Silver - Ambient Mix
                  17.Suicide Sports Club - Freaky Boy From Outside
                  18.Bedrock – Beautiful Strange - Ambient Mix

CD 2 John Digweed Live from Avalon, Los Angeles
                  1. King Unique & Anthony Pappa - Vamoosh - King Unique Kosmische Mix
                  2. Estroe - Driven - Distortion Remix 1
                  3. H.O.S.H feat. Mistress Barbara - Finally Mine - Gorge Remix
                  4. Ellen Allien - Searching - Shonky Remix
                  5. Stephan Bodzin vs Marc Romboy - Telesto - Martin Buttrich Remix
                  6. Paneoh Feat. Maetrik - Follow
                  7. Lewis Ryder – Kaffee-Monster - Nathan Coles & David Coker's Spanish Fly Mix
                  8. Martin Dawson - What The Fuck
                  9. Clément Meyer - Piece By Piece - Maetrik Remix
                  10. Mylo Salté - Soak
                  11. Maxime Dangles - Santé
                  12. Timo Maas - Kick1 Kick3 - Maetrik Sexy Remix
                  13. Philogresz - Isolated Funk Ensemble - Sarah Goldfarb Remix
                  14. Tom Hades - Come On
                  15. Reude Hagelstein - Emergency - Super Flu´s Gentle Dental Nurse Remix
                  16. Emmanuel Jal - Kuar - Henrik Schwarz Remix

CD3 Unmixed Bedrock Exclusives DJ Friendly
                  1.John Digweed & Nick Muir – Bilder – King Unique Rebild
                  2.Inkfish – Detroit
                  3.Maxime Dangles - Santé
                  4.Tom Hades – Come On
                  5.Paneoh Feat. Maetrik – Follow
                  6.Robert Babicz – Two Colours
                  7.Oliver Lieb – Parallax
                  8.Midnight Ramblers - Scarab
                  9.Dibby Dougherty & David Young – Tiger Forest – Ryan Davis Rework
                  10.Jimmy Van M Feat. Steve T – We Are Children
                  I just saw this, and realized that I've been to both of the live sets that have been included in the Structure releases.

Comment

• gje
                    Fresh Peossy
                    • Mar 2010

I was at this Avalon set as well. It was such an amazing night, and I'm stoked to be able to listen to at least a part of that set anytime I want. June 20 won't come soon enough!

I was also at Avalon for Digweed's NYE gig... also an amazing night. He's on fire right now, and I can't wait until he returns to LA.

Comment

• simonr
                      Transitionator
                      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by gje
                      I was at this Avalon set as well. It was such an amazing night, and I'm stoked to be able to listen to at least a part of that set anytime I want. June 20 won't come soon enough!

I was also at Avalon for Digweed's NYE gig... also an amazing night. He's on fire right now, and I can't wait until he returns to LA.
                      You don't have long to wait ... he's back in LA the first week of August

Details tba.
                      sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• hypoluxxa
                        Are you Kidding me??
                        • Jun 2004

Details tba.
                        Si, you are in the know!!!!!

I bet it will be a mid week MAYAN show!!!

Comment

• unkle
                          Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                          • Mar 2007

Dibby Dougherty & David Young – Tiger Forest – Ryan Davis Rework

Comment

• Hydrosonic
                            Gold Gabber
                            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by hypoluxxa
                            I just saw this, and realized that I've been to both of the live sets that have been included in the Structure releases.
                            Nice! I'd love for Digweed to broadcast/include in a compilation any of the gigs I've been to! A bit off-topic, but I don't suppose anybody can ID this tune of Diggers captured by one of hypoluxxa's videos:

Utter tranquility.
                            On-topic: Just two weeks to go! Looking forward to both mixes.
                            320 requester

Comment

• simonr
                              Transitionator
                              • Jun 2004

Here's my upload of the minimix for y'all plus the CD1 release notes:

Structures 2 Ambient Minimix

Also, if you like the tracks, support the music/label and order the CD itself ... there's a great deal with Guy J's 1000 Words, or Vinyl and T's :

Bedrock Store

Signed copies are being prepped !

CD1 Release Notes:

John Digweed delves into the cinematic sound of Bedrock. Having carefully chosen a superb selection of tracks from the Bedrock catalogue and had them remixed and retouched into sublime ambient, after hours and downtempo versions, he’s blended them together to create a sublime, blissed out, electronica mix.

“I’m really happy with the outcome and hope I have created a perfect soundtrack for the long summer days ahead.” – John Digweed

Fittingly, the master of global communication, Tom Middleton, opens the proceedings with his Beatless Mix of one of the understated and atmospheric highlights from Guy J’s current album, Easy As Can Be. He’s injected it with a dose of pure chilled vibes as only he can and it’s the first of 18 amazing blissed out moments on CD1. There can be no denying that Guy J is one of the stand out electronic artists in the world today. A fact showcased further into the mix when his Lamur (AM Mix), with its beatless, soaring heavenly beauty, provides yet another moment to cherish.

As the journey takes shape through the blending of the melancholy violins and intriguing vocals of Stel’s I Burn Like, into the restrained energy of a swirling ambient Mistral courtesy of techno heavyweights Christian Smith and John Selway (the original version was released in the summer 2009 on Bedrock), through to the joyous handclaps of an outstanding hands-in-the-air reprise of former Steve Bug protégé Vincenzo’s current summer anthem Yarra Valley, you cannot fail to notice that John Digweed is thoroughly enjoying himself here.

As with his DJ sets on the world’s best dancefloors, week in week out, his tracks selection, timing, ability to build and develop atmospheres seemingly effortlessly and change pace to weave a dialogue through the music, are impeccable.
As the unmistakeable chords of Quivver’s In Your Boat blend immaculately into Wiretappeur (a production partnership between Florian Kruse, Nils Nurnberg and Stel) and the mix spirals ecstatically upwards through Guy J into the stunning uplifting techno of Aurora Borealis (by one Ireland’s fastest rising stars, Ian O’Donovan) without a kick-drum in sight, the endless creative freedom of this blissed out concept is very much apparent.

The Wiretappeur reprise of Digweed & Muir single Bilder signals a plateau period in the mix, with the arrival of Matt Thomas (aka King Unique) and his “cosmic techno” sound, pressing all the right darker, melodic and scary buttons with his beatless versions of Vamoosh and massive single 2000000 Suns, before diving head-first into the bottomless chasm of King Roc & Dimitri Nakov’s Jardin Nights and emerging on a low-slung, head-nodding groove, courtesy of German creative genius Robert Babicz, with his stunning Pink Trees – On The Couch Journey Mix, which morphs seamlessly into the sublime vocal interlude of Involve by techno-meister Alan Fitzpatrick.

The down-tempo groove theme is further explored (maybe unexpectedly if you haven’t heard his recent Dragon Man album), by Belgian techno don Marco Bailey, with his Downbeat Mix of Beaming, leading into an ambient interlude by the masterful Nick Warren, which provides a superb launch pad for the downright-dirty Suicide Sports Club to bring the journey to a fitting conclusion as Freaky Boy From Outside segues into a final end sequence of blissed out ambience with Bedrock’s Beautiful Strange.
                              sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• Rawrmune
                                Platinum Poster
                                • Jun 2011

Details tba.
                                Oh god I can't wait... I'm new to the progressive house scene and I missed him last time he was in California. I totally regret it and can't wait for his next show here. I hope this album is as great as his previous.

Comment

Working...