Clear All
  • feather
    Shanghai ooompa loompa
    • Jul 2004

Re: Digweed Structures Part Two - Album

CD3 preview is up: http://www.mixcloud.com/johndigweed/...wo-preview-cd3

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
    a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
    Originally posted by m1sT3rL
    Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• chuckc
      DUDERZ get a life!!!
      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by feather
      THANKS for posting...

wow very impressed with the Trax on CD3. Overall think this is going to be a great release. only thing i didnt enjoy too much from the previews was the live mix from cd 2.

2 out of 3 is good enough for me. cant wait for this to arrive.

Comment

• chuckc
        DUDERZ get a life!!!
        • Jun 2004

damn I guess you get punished if you order the CD package instead of downloading it digitally. I am kind of pissed now that i ordered the cd.

At the end of the minimix for cd 3 John says if you order digitally you get all the mixed cd's plus all 44 tracks unmixed from all 3 cd's

if you order the cd you only get the 10 trax from cd3. what a bunch of crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! seems a bit unfair if you bought the cd you get shorted 34 unmixed trax.

Comment

• simonr
          Transitionator
          • Jun 2004

Interview : ElectronicNightLife.com

rephlektorlist_10lr.jpg

John Digweed has been one of the most prolific DJ’s and producers in the electronic music scene since his start back in the early 1990’s. John established Bedrock Records in 1999 releasing his first track “Heaven Scent” under his Bedrock alias along with cohort Nick Muir which is an undeniable classic and it still a hell of a track even by today’s standards.

More recently John has compiled and mixed a triple disc compilation entitled “Structures Two” which is due to be released on June 20th, 2011. Without further adieu, let the Q & A session commence….

What's going on at Bedrock Records these days?

We have had a great 2011 so far Albums from Marco bailey and Guy J plus host of great single releases we are just about to release Structures two a triple CD compiled and mixed by me. I am really happy with how the label is going so far this year.

Many listeners aren't aware of what's involved when releasing a compilation.
          Can you share the general processes with our readers?

I started work on this last September. Getting tracks sent in asking artists to remix tracks and getting downtempo versions together. It takes a while to get all the content together but once I have everything I find it quite easy to mix and compile the tracks.

In terms of licensing the tracks for the compilation, how long does that part usually take?

Well apart from the Live mix all of the other on the comp tracks are already signed to my label so it takes not much time at all.

How does each of the 3 discs of the "Structures Two" compilation relate to each other?

They are all different CD1 is Blissed out and Downtempo versions of Bedrock tracks and remixes. CD 2 features a live mix from Avalon in Los Angeles giving people a snapshot of me in the mix at one of my gigs. CD 3 is me with my A& R head on compiling 10 unreleased and exclusive tracks I have left these unmixed for DJ`s that want to play these out.

Are you working on any original productions or collaborations at the moment?

Just released a new single '30 Northeast' with Nick Muir, which has a great remix from Abe Duque and both mixes have been getting great feedback so far. We have a few more in the pipeline that should be ready later on this year.

What are some of the upcoming stops on your upcoming North American tour?

NYC, Montreal, Toronto, LA, Denver, Florida, Atlanta and Kansas just to name a few.

You recently made your debut at New York's District 36 Night club on May 6th. How was that experience for you, and what are your opinions about the venue?

I had a great time! It was 10 years to the date that Twilo had closed so it was quite special for me to be in NYC at this time, as I love New York and have played there so many times. District 36 has an amazing sound system, which is great to see clubs investing in the most important aspect of a club; the sound. I really enjoyed playing, it was packed and the people seemed to be having a good time.

Do you have any upcoming gigs planned along with Sasha?

Nothing at the moment, as I am touring the Structures Two album.

Are you excited to perform at Electric Zoo again this year?

Can’t wait, I loved last year. This year I am on the main stage so super excited to play on that stage this year.

Are you working on any other projects that you would like to tell us about?

I am working a on a super cool project that I can’t go into to much detail yet about more will be revealed in a few months time.

Do you have any additional comments for our readers?

Thanks as always for the support over the years I am very lucky to have such amazing fans out there.
          sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• DIDI
            Aussie Pest
            • Nov 2004

Originally posted by chuckc
            damn I guess you get punished if you order the CD package instead of downloading it digitally. I am kind of pissed now that i ordered the cd.

At the end of the minimix for cd 3 John says if you order digitally you get all the mixed cd's plus all 44 tracks unmixed from all 3 cd's

if you order the cd you only get the 10 trax from cd3. what a bunch of crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! seems a bit unfair if you bought the cd you get shorted 34 unmixed trax.
            What bitrate is the digital ?? Maybe the 10 are the best
            Originally posted by TheVrk
            it IS incredible isn't it??
            STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
            Simply does not get any better than Hernan
            The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• feather
              Shanghai ooompa loompa
              • Jul 2004

Unmixed tracks from ALL 3 CDs? Including CD 2 which is a live mix—isn't that kinda unlikely??

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
              a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
              Originally posted by m1sT3rL
              Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• chuckc
                DUDERZ get a life!!!
                • Jun 2004

no its true, listen to Digs at the end of the CD3 minimix. "42trax plus the two full length mixes"

I would never have bought the cd if I would have known this in advance. I feel a bit ripped off buying the cd It clearly makes no sense to do that if your going to get 34 extra trax by buying it digitally.

Comment

• Homegrove
                  Are you Kidding me??
                  • Jun 2004

Originally posted by feather
                  Unmixed tracks from ALL 3 CDs? Including CD 2 which is a live mix—isn't that kinda unlikely??
                  They've all had to be licensed anyway. It was the same deal with the last Structures live-mix.

Chuck, some of us buy all three formats...
                  Forward thinking house music

Comment

• chuckc
                    DUDERZ get a life!!!
                    • Jun 2004

yeah i am just going to have to buy the digital format also. just seems silly to buy the cd...i guess i am an idot for not realizing this in advance.

Comment

• Homegrove
                      Are you Kidding me??
                      • Jun 2004

Well... Wouldn't go that far but the digital releases have included all tracks since Bedrock 10...

Ooops, no they haven't. Bedrock 10 and 11 missed a couple. But they both had about 95 % of the tracks full lenght, unmixed + the mixed versions for a tenner.
                      Forward thinking house music

Comment

• simonr
                        Transitionator
                        • Jun 2004

no its true, listen to Digs at the end of the CD3 minimix. "42trax plus the two full length mixes"

I would never have bought the cd if I would have known this in advance. I feel a bit ripped off buying the cd It clearly makes no sense to do that if your going to get 34 extra trax by buying it digitally.
                        How are you getting ripped off ... surely people that get CD's want them in that format? In my case I like having the signed package with cover art etc. and a CD I can play on my home sound system and the car.

I don't Dj, so unmixed isn't as important as the other CD's (although I'll like having the tracks) - if I did DJ I would have gone for WAV's or the vinyl package rather than CD's because I can't play CDs 1 & 2 out.
                        sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• chuckc
                          DUDERZ get a life!!!
                          • Jun 2004

do u really have to ask that?? hmm lets see......

pay 25 dollars for
                          2 mixed sets
                          10 tracks
                          and some cover art
                          or
                          pay less then 25 dollars for
                          2 mixed sets
                          44 tracks
                          no cover art

Its a rip off if you buy the cd becasue your being shorted 34 unmixed tracks. At a $1.50 a track this is around a $51 dollar value that people that bought the cd are missing out on.

I learned my lesson, last time i will ever buy a CD in advance.

Comment

• simonr
                            Transitionator
                            • Jun 2004

Fair enough .. I always thought that people buying CD's wanted them in that format.

Some of the digital tracks are stems for people that DJ to use in their mix for a competition.
                            sigpicSimonR

Comment

• DIDI
                              Aussie Pest
                              • Nov 2004

The cds are not a rip off, the digital is just incredibly cheap. But only a bargain if you are going to use them as a Dj . Would be pretty useless to me. I'm very much a CD person signed or unsigned Once again, what is the bit rate .??
                              Originally posted by TheVrk
                              it IS incredible isn't it??
                              STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
                              Simply does not get any better than Hernan
                              The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• hypoluxxa
                                Are you Kidding me??
                                • Jun 2004

NOT to sound like a dick, but what's the big deal about spending an extra $25... most of the people here are well in their 30's and most of us have "borrowed" $25 worth of music and or computer programs at one point in our lives. Just saying.

Comment

Working...