X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • remoh
    Platinum Poster
    • Jun 2004

Deep Dish @ ice las vegas review

i got to the club at around 1130 pm.. club was dead, but i arrived early because DD was supposed to start way early for an 8 set. well no DD early, instead resident dj farsheed was playing. farsheed played a really good opening set, he kept the crowd going and dropped some really good tracks. he played hard enough without overpowering the main act.

finally at 130am ali came on..bamm awesome from song number one.
    ali played some peak time chugy progresive ... he was a bit off on a couple of mixes, but nothing mayor...he dropped some incredible bombs throughout the set ...put it this way i was having such a good time i wanted to drunk dial you fuckers to let you know ...

they were mixing all cds (2 pioneer dvjs and 2 pioneer cdjs) see pics below

230 am sharam is coming on. my friends and i were saying "fuck if this is ali droping bombs, imagine waht sharam is going to do"
    sharam is on...first track GARBAGE, wait for the next track. second track GARBAGE. now im extremely pissed.. icouldn't believe the garbage coming out of the speakers ...the worst part about it was that the crowd was loving it...he played the killers and everybody went crazy (i found out last night that the killers were from vegas, go figure)... after half hour of junk, i went up to the dj booth and got his attention and gave him a one handed thumbs down. he just looked back down.... one song after that he played ...are you ready for this.. drop it like its fucking hot ... thats when i drew the line and started saying my goodbyes.. he actually mixed hip hop.. he played another hip hop after that
    anyway this was a very disapointing night........

[URL="http://www.darkdrums.com/"]| Visit www.darkdrums.com |
    |http://myspace.com/darkdrumsmusic |

• cosmo
    Gold Gabber
    • Jun 2004

Dude, I don't care who is mixing, and what they're mixing. You never give a dj a 'thumbs down' to their face.

Damn dude. You can talk shit about the music to a friend, but damn.

Comment

• palmer
      Retired or Simply Important
      • Jun 2004

ahhaha when I first saw this thread I read it

DeepDish on Ice
      todayistomorrow
      art direction | design | animation

Comment

• skahound
        Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
        • Jun 2004

Doesn't surprise me in the least. You can tell a 100% difference between Ali & Sharam. Sorry it was such a shitty night. Would like to see your pics but both are just a red X.
        A good shower head and my right hand - the two best lovers that I ever had.

Comment

• thezzapper
          Gold Gabber
          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by cosmo
          Dude, I don't care who is mixing, and what they're mixing. You never give a dj a 'thumbs down' to their face.

Damn dude. You can talk shit about the music to a friend, but damn.
          yup. show some respect bro. you don't have to like everything a dj spins, but give him the proper credit for taking a chance & playing something nobody probably expected. it's called "experimenting".
          sigpic

Comment

• skahound
            Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
            • Jun 2004

It's a tough call. If I were a musician, celebrity, athlete, etc I would be horribly offended if someone did that to me. But as a spectator and a fan, if I shell out the money that many of these artists command and they put on a horrible show, I should have the right to let them know. I mean, who goes to listen to the DJs that we enjoy to hear them put on 'Drop It Like It's Hot'?

Comment

• thrualoooop
              Addiction started
              • Jun 2004

Re: Deep Dish @ ice las vegas review

hop it like it's drop,hop it like it's drop.......stupid club in the ghetto
              i'm not a real dork i just play one on the internet.......

Comment

• remoh
                Platinum Poster
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by skahound
                It's a tough call. If I were a musician, celebrity, athlete, etc I would be horribly offended if someone did that to me. But as a spectator and a fan, if I shell out the money that many of these artists command and they put on a horrible show, I should have the right to let them know. I mean, who goes to listen to the DJs that we enjoy to hear them put on 'Drop It Like It's Hot'?

hey i didn't do it as disrespect, but to let them know he was disapointing me ...hey i have been one of the bigest DD suporters.... when they do awesome i let them know also... and to top it off i spent 230 bucks

here is the link for the pics

Comment

• remoh
                  Platinum Poster
                  • Jun 2004

hey i bet some of the guys that are saying show some respect are the guys that go to sporting games and yell at the refs and players

Comment

• superdave
                    Platinum Poster
                    • Jun 2004

Sharam sucks as a DJ. Ali should dump his ass and he might do even better. Maybe Sharam is a good producer and that's why he keeps him around.
                    Never interrupt your enemy when he's making a mistake - Napoleon Bonaparte

Comment

• jeffrey collins
                      Not cool enough
                      • Jun 2004

that's funny because i've always heard it the other way around. That Ali what shit and Sharam was good.

Maybe Sharam was doing that because the owners made him do it. I've heard stranger things than that. We never really know until it is one of us that has to deal with these supressions.
                      Jeffrey Collins: Painter
                      My Painting Blog

http://soundcloud.com/jeffreycollins
                      My Soundcloud page.

Comment

• skahound
                        Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by remoh
                        hey i bet some of the guys that are saying show some respect are the guys that go to sporting games and yell at the refs and players
                        Exactly what I was gonna say.

Comment

• Kinetic
                          Platinum Poster
                          • Jun 2004

Well, I?m gonna see them the 10th of March here in Lisbon, and expect nothing but the best. They?re coming to Portugal pretty often the last few months and they always play killer sets

In fact, most Dance music magazines here voted their SoundPlanet set as the best of last year.

I am always a bit amazed when people here say they play like shit. I don?t doubt it, but I?ve yet to witness it personally. Although I don?t mind having the occasional comercial track throw in for fun, so maybe that?s why.
                          "I play music at people" - Surgeon

http://soundcloud.com/kineticdj
                          http://djkinetic.official.fm

Comment

• ecpolonyc
                            Gold Gabber
                            • Jun 2004

When Sharam plays, he always pulls some crazy shit like that. Thats why I respect him for not doing the norm. I wouldn't be surprised he played a hip-hop track b/c clubs there tend to be full of tourists. I assume many are not there for the music. So if he drops a hip-hop track, who cares. I bet it wouldn't happen anywhere else.
                            Facebook
                            Soundcloud
                            Resident Advisor
                            ------------------------------

Comment

• xeb
                              Addiction started
                              • Jun 2004

remember that a DJ is there to play a crowd. if you don't like what he's playing, and the rest of the crowd are, then chances are you're at the wrong gig.

going up and giving him a thumb down is unliekyl to achieve much. as a DJ you'll get people coming up pretty much every set you play asking for something else. i get so fucking sick of requests for hip hop/rnb/hard house/funky house/insert crap genre here. the thing is, its always some freak weirdo who wants to hear what HE/she wants... despite the fact that the whole rooms going off to the stuff you're playing already. i generally ignore them.
                              www.nigelmarcussen.com
                              www.tribalis-totalis.com

Comment

Working...