• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sinisterbeatz
    Getting warmed up
    • Feb 2005

Re: Deep Dish @ ice las vegas review

Originally posted by ecpolonyc
    When Sharam plays, he always pulls some crazy shit like that. Thats why I respect him for not doing the norm. I wouldn't be surprised he played a hip-hop track b/c clubs there tend to be full of tourists. I assume many are not there for the music. So if he drops a hip-hop track, who cares. I bet it wouldn't happen anywhere else.
    exactly if he were to have dropped that at arc, crobar, or roxy people in new york would have rioted.....
    Jesus Votes Republican

Comment

• Pataky P
      asdf_imo
      • Jun 2004

Thanks the info,and the photos!!!I love Deep Dish's music!!

Comment

• pretence
        Getting Somewhere
        • Jun 2004

Good review man. Sorry to hear about Sharam. Not the first time I've heard this lately. Don't see a problem with giving him a thumbs down. Nothing like a bit of customer feedback!

Comment

• remoh
          Platinum Poster
          • Jun 2004

i was with a group of about 10 people and we went to see DD especificaly, so yes we were at the right gig ... i get mad when djs /bands build a reputation playing a certain style that wins you over and then when you go support them they turn the tables on you...
          picture this ..you are a big metallica fan, you get tickets to their concert and when you get there they are playing britney spears...

the thumbs down wasn't ment to make him change what he was playing, it was meant as a means to voice my discontent..... put it this way, if i could go in the dj booth and have a conversation with him to let him know how i felt, then it would have been a different story
          [URL="http://www.darkdrums.com/"]| Visit www.darkdrums.com |
          |http://myspace.com/darkdrumsmusic |

Comment

• SickBoy
            Addiction started
            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by remoh
            after half hour of junk, i went up to the dj booth and got his attention and gave him a one handed thumbs down. he just looked back down....
            HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHHAHAHHAHAHAA

YOU ARE MY NEW BEST FRIEND, shows that you have balls and aren't afraid to let a dj know he's playing shit music

Comment

• Rhythm
              Fresh Peossy
              • Jan 2005

Personally I think Ali is much better than Sharam. Ali has the technical skills and drops hot tracks continuously.. where as Sharam, to me is not so talented technically nor does he have god track selection.. Usually after some time passes and Sharam gets into the groove he gets pretty good.. thats just my 2 cents

Comment

• skahound
                Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by remoh
                one song after that he played ...are you ready for this.. drop it like its fucking hot ... thats when i drew the line and started saying my goodbyes.. he actually mixed hip hop..
                Tracklist from Shiloh's Electrofly show to be broadcast at 1pm (EST) today:

Part 1: Shiloh - Electrofly 12 - March 3rd, 2005
                1. Damien Heck ft. Michelle Chivers - Deep Reveal (4mals Breathing Air Intro [CDR]
                2. Espen & Stian - Great Dame [CDR]
                3. Walsh & Coutre ft. Holly - Burn (VanBellen Remix) [SogChrome]
                4. C-Jay - Sundayzer - Leron & Yves Eaux Remix [CDR]
                5. Setyon - Element Of Intent [CDR]
                6. Vsag - Sunset (Vsag's Tek Mix) [CDR]
                7. Sander Kleinenberg - The Fruit (Tom Novy Club Remix) [LMR]
                8. Be Quiet (aka Tantamanna) - Another World (Martin H Remix) [Solar]
                9. X-Dream vs Marco V - The First Godd (Seyton Mashup) [CDR]
                10. Snoop Dogg & Pharrell - Drop It Like It's Hot (LP Remix) [CDR]
                11. Andre Kraml - Safari (James Holden Remix) [Border Community]
                12. Audio Magnetics - Ghetto Blaster Deluxe (Funk Mix) [LMR]
                13. Red Baron - Vandenberg (Greyarea Remix) [Silver Planet]
                14. Snake Sedrick and Andro - She Is My Destiny (Breaks Mix) [CDR]
                15. Space Manouevres - Quadrant 4 (Furry Nipples Dub Mix) [Lost Language]
                16. Evanescence - Bring Me To Life (Vsag's Outpot Remix) [CDR]
                17. Infusion - Dead Souls (Baunder Remix) [CDR]
                18. Santiago Nino - Believe (Max Graham Club Mix) [Aurium]
                19. Unkle - Reign (Trafik's Stoned Rows Mix) [CDR]

Will definitely be interesting to hear how this is done.
                A good shower head and my right hand - the two best lovers that I ever had.

Comment

• remoh
                  Platinum Poster
                  • Jun 2004

[URL="http://www.darkdrums.com/"]| Visit www.darkdrums.com |
                  |http://myspace.com/darkdrumsmusic |

Comment

• !Flash!
                    Platinum Poster
                    • Feb 2005

I really cannot understand while djs sometimes play so sucking tracks... in these days i am going crazy with deep dish on 99esc from january, that is a fantastic wicked set, i love it and has nothing to do with live @ la mania or other live/radio sets. also when they came to italy they didnt play bombs but only soft tunes (live @ il muretto). hope ali & sharam will spin more bombs, i love them when they rock! :-)

Comment

• influx
                      Gold Gabber
                      • Jun 2004

that's b.s. i say fuck yeah and give him the thumbs down. i garuntee NO ONE came there to hear drop it like it's fuckin' hot. he HAD to of known that some people we're definitely going to be pissed. if not, then he's fuckin' retard. that's whack man, sorry to hear that, they played great at sound-bar in chicago. last time i was there before that, my buddy actually climbed up the rail in front of the dj booth and paid digweed $20 to play "some dark shit". we couldn't stand the fluffiness any longer!
                      i reject your reality, and substitute my own.
                      www.flynoteproductions.com

Comment

• peloquin
                        Till I Come!
                        • Jun 2004

ali is good, sharam isn't so good... i thought this was general knowledge by now?

thumbs down on the thumbs down, but im sure it sounded like a good idea at the time

sorry you had a bad night

Comment

• tdl22
                          Fresh Peossy
                          • Mar 2005

were you mad because it was a top 40 song or because the song sucked?
                          there is many killer REMIXED top 40 songs and i'm betting this one wasn't the original and was not that bad
                          yes sharam can play some weak songs......however if your such a dd fan you should have known that beforehand
                          giving him the thumbs down is stupid
                          if you were a dj yourself you'd know what its like....never can please everyone
                          if dj's never experimented, the music scene would get stale fast

Comment

• Hombre
                            Getting warmed up
                            • Oct 2004

There is no excuse for making compromises for the sake of "tourists". Sharam is a cheap whore and we all know it.

Comment

• ecpolonyc
                              Gold Gabber
                              • Jun 2004

Deep Dish Its seems more and more people are hating on DD. Better for us DD fans, more room to dance. I understand their style and it is what it is. Everybody has this notion of going out and listening to Deep Dish of 5 years ago. Its not happening. Not many dj's play the same throughout their careers. They progress through different sounds and styles. And right now, I'm digging DD style. Not everyone likes it, but you can't please everyone. And Dj's usually throw in at least one track, where people say "what the hell is this?". So what. What people need to do is stop being so critical about music. Just go out, enjoy the tunes and have fun with friends. You shouldn't go out and always expect "The Best Set You've Ever Heard".
                              Facebook
                              Soundcloud
                              Resident Advisor
                              ------------------------------

Comment

• nsite
                                Addiction started
                                • Jun 2004

FUCK YEAH!!! I say give them the thumbs down! respect? are you joking?

mixing progressive house & hip-hop is not "experimenting" its GARBAGE!

what an asshat
                                ...I love you when you're not masterminding my downfall

Comment

Working...