X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • esef
    Platinum Poster
    • Jun 2004

Trader Joes

todays supermarkets are a cluster fuck. i don't wanna shop for food in a walmart superstore enviornment.

i dig Trader Joes. i dig $2.99 bottles of wine. i dig meals i can throw in the oven and bake.
    they may not be all over the country, but for those lucky enuff to have one, rejoice!

3-time Breakspoll nominated in the 'Best Website' category
  • CSquare
    Addiction started
    • Jul 2004

actually, they're $2 bottles of wine aka 2 buck chuck. great store. good prices. good food. best market there is. that is when you can get a parking spot without smacking a yuppie.

by the way, their ahi tuna steaks are the bomb

Comment

• skahound
      Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
      • Jun 2004

Re: Trader Joes

Originally posted by esef
      a walmart superstore enviornment.
      I avoid Wal-Mart like cholera. The ones we have over this way are infested with the lowest rung of the lower class, both working there and shopping there. There was an interesting study that I recently read that talked about how the standard-of-living in a community declines as soon as a Wal-Mart opens in that community.
      A good shower head and my right hand - the two best lovers that I ever had.

Comment

• FM
        Wooooooo!
        • Jun 2004

^^^true dat. I go in there just to see how low the people really are at times...and man it's like rock bottom nearly.

In any event, there's one somewhat near me that opened a few months back...haven't gone to it yet, but heard nothing but great things, so I'll need to check it out one of these days.
        FM

"Nowadays everyone is a fucking DJ." - Jack Dangers

What record did you loose your virginity to?
        "I don't like having sex with music on- I find it distracting. And if it's a mix cd- forget it. I'm stopping to check the beat mixing in between tracks." - Tom Stephan

Download/Listen To My Mixes
        Facebook!
        A Journey Into Sound On MCast

Satisfaction guaranteed, or double your music back.

Comment

• thesightless
          Someone will marry me. Hell Yeah!
          • Jun 2004

yup, trader joes is insane.

there is this place out here in long island called fariway that is awesome. like a normal supermarket until you go in and actually see that they make all the pasta in house to order. have thier own butcher shop where you can get anything from ground beef to filet. a coffe stand with over 50 types of coffe still in barrel, you pick it out they grind it. seafood place where you can order shit in advance like giant spider crabs or puffer fish(cut correctly). there are two of them in NYC as well.

your life is an occasion, rise to it.

Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
          download that. deep shit listed there

my dick is its own superhero.

Comment

• picklemonkey
            Double hoodie beer monster
            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by skahound
            Originally posted by esef
            a walmart superstore enviornment.
            I avoid Wal-Mart like cholera. The ones we have over this way are infested with the lowest rung of the lower class, both working there and shopping there. There was an interesting study that I recently read that talked about how the standard-of-living in a community declines as soon as a Wal-Mart opens in that community.
            Standard of living decelined?

OI dpm't go there cery oftej, ut hwen I do I wouldn'[t say that it representrs that the standard of living has delciened. It's the people, notthe buzsiness.

Comment

• esef
              Platinum Poster
              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by skahound
              there was an interesting study that I recently read that talked about how the standard-of-living in a community declines as soon as a Wal-Mart opens in that community.
              there's a shocker. that store and it's customers feed off each other like maggots on rotting meat. i didn't see that study, but i watched a prog on msnbc or cnbc (one of the news channels) bout the whole walmart phenomenon. also, fortune had a big story on the family two or three issues back.

3-time Breakspoll nominated in the 'Best Website' category

Comment

• skahound
                Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by picklemonkey
                Standard of living decelined?

OI dpm't go there cery oftej, ut hwen I do I wouldn'[t say that it representrs that the standard of living has delciened. It's the people, notthe buzsiness.
                The standard of living declines withing the community surrounding the store. It's not my study, it was performed by a group of professionals. Their theory was that in a way it became a self-fulfilling prophecy due to the fact that consumers, for the most part, want low prices. In order to obtain low prices you have to keep your overheard low, which includes the cost of labor. By and large, the people that are willing to work for the wages Wal-Mart is willing to pay (for support services) are people that lack education, single mothers, and people who need it as a 2nd or 3rd job. A FT job at Wal-Mart alone would hardly put you above the poverty line in the United States.

This contributes to the deterioration of the community around the Wal-Mart which ultimately pushes the 'good' of the community further away and invites even more 'low class' in.
                A good shower head and my right hand - the two best lovers that I ever had.

Comment

• picklemonkey
                  Double hoodie beer monster
                  • Jun 2004

touche, skahjound..\ touche.

Comment

• cyrus32
                    Gold Gabber
                    • Jul 2004

walmart freakin sucks! trader joe rules!
                    Edited - Bossy to racey for work

Comment

• blkcrow
                      Addiction started
                      • Jun 2004

Trader Joe's is great. Wal-Mart is run by Nazi's, ask krinkle.
                      Idiocy - Never Underestimate the Power of Stupid People in Large Groups.

Soulseek name = blkcrow

Comment

• djrapture
                        Fresh Peossy
                        • Jun 2004

Yeah Trader Joe's is great, but I think I like Whole Foods even better! Damn good food, unfortunately it's not quite as cheap as TJ's...

Comment

• Pataky P
                          asdf_imo
                          • Jun 2004

Nice topic!!!I like it!!!

Comment

• Yao
                            DUDERZ get a life!!!
                            • Jun 2004

From what you've all written here, I'd say: introduce Trader Joe's in Europe...
                            Blowkick visual & graphic design - No Civilization. Now With Broadband.

There are but three true sports -- bullfighting, mountain climbing, and motor-racing. The rest are merely games. -Hemingway

Comment

• anonin
                              Juvenile Delinquent
                              • Oct 2005

i fucking love trader joes, just got back from there got a pizza and some chocolate truffles mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmm

Comment

Working...