• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • [ms]_Podcast_Bot
    Music Bitch
    • Aug 2009

Podcast
    Clash Music - ClashMusic DJ Mix Podcast - Milyoo

Psychedelic bassline-house from deepest Kentucky. A phrase you thought you may never hear, but one which aptly sums up this week’s podcast artist, Milyoo.

After his debut dropped last year, young Milyoo – Tommy Wilson – has been gathering attention from all the right places for his distinctive stylings, which mix punchy house frameworks with all kinds of deep, dreamy goodness.

For his Clash mix, Milyoo delves into the darker corners of house, beginning innocently enough with the nostalgic, pumped-up ‘Tranced Awakening’, but drifting quickly into the likes of Addison Groove’s deliciously twisted ‘Footcrab VIP’, (which adds even more layers to the early Chicago/footwork/UKG mash-up of the original), the sleazy tech-house air of Aaron Carl’s ‘Crucifed’ (xdb edit) and some truly tripped-out splice-house from Milyoo himself.

Also listen out for Mount Kimbie, classic disco from Metro Area and a clubby blast of Radiohead’s ‘Everything in its Right Place’, which will no doubt delight fans of the original.

Here are some non-partisan, fully objective words from Milyoo on his admittedly impressive work: “This mix is pretty sweet – i.e. ‘the best I’ve ever done’. It spans temporally from 1995 to a 2011 promo. The format varies from 10” white label to a freshly rendered .wav and the genre ranges from... well, it doesn’t. It’s all house… I give it 9/10, and I’m totally not biased.”

There you have it. Thing is – he’s kind of right.

Milyoo’s ‘Kazaduon’ EP is out now on Saigon Recordings.

-</p><h2>You must be a registered user to download this album - Click to login or join

(On a Mac hold Ctrl +click and select 'Save link as...')
    (On a PC right click and select 'Save link as...')

Milyoo DJ Mix Tracklisting

1. Greg Allman - On Heavy Metal
    2. Kerri Chandler - Tranced Awakening (Paper Mache’s Boxed mix) [Subwoofer]
    3. Rick Wilhite - City Bar Dancing (Basement mix) [Still Music]
    4. STL - Vintage Hunter [Something]
    5. Kelpe - Microscope Contents [DC Recordings]
    6. Addison Groove - Footcrab VIP [Swamp81]
    7. MRSK - Close To Me [Rush Hour]
    8. Milyoo - Down Like You [CDr]
    9. Aaron Carl - Crucified (xdb edit) [Millions of Moments]
    10. John Roberts - Promise [Dial]
    11. DVA - Step to Funk [Hyperdub]
    12. Unknown - Come Over To My Place [White]
    13. Roy Davis Jr. - Watch Them Come (Derrick’s Watch dem Bump Mix) [Bombay]
    14. Midik - Mtn [CDr]
    15. Unknown - Head of The House [White]
    15. Mount Kimbie - Sketch on Glass [Hotflush Recordings]
    16. Joe - Claptrap [Hessle Audio]
    17. James Fox - New Jack Swing [Well Rounded Housing Project]
    18. Métro Area - Muira [Environ]

Check out the previous episodes of our Dj Mix Series on iTunes HERE or individually on ClashMusic.com HERE

Podcast home: http://www.clashmusic.com

Read more about + download this podcast
Working...