Holy shit....happy lands are here!!
Sasha / Paul Oakenfold Stars X2 1999
Collapse
X
-
-
Re: Sasha / Paul Oakenfold Stars X2 1999
^ The white shirt seemed to be Sasha's trade mark in the late ninety's. I think he had one on every time I went to see himOriginally posted by res0nat0rOK Lets All Stroke Ron Pauls Cock On 3!
Comment
-
Originally posted by res0nat0rOK Lets All Stroke Ron Pauls Cock On 3!
Comment
-
Re: Sasha / Paul Oakenfold Stars X2 1999
thank you very much for uploading the sasha set, i recently had to delete a bunch of sets and by accident i deteted this one, thanks for posting, it is one of my favorites!Happy Birthday Mercury Server!
Comment
-
Re: Sasha / Paul Oakenfold Stars X2 1999
thanks for the upload. defiantely oakies finest moments. his essential world tour of that year is still incredible. oh how times of changed. this was certainely the peak of trance. Oh and sasha shirt? well I never..
great site guys thanks for having me
Comment
-
Re: Sasha / Paul Oakenfold Stars X2 1999
Really enjoyed this, great post. It's my gym mix lol
It was fun while it lasted...
Comment
-
Re: Sasha / Paul Oakenfold Stars X2 1999
Track 8 is the unreleased Sasha / Quivver track Elisium. Contains Sasha's very recognisable lead synth line from that time
The sampled voice loop is saying "Elisium".
I saw Sasha play a very similar set around this time in the main room at Cream in Liverpool. He opened with The Cardigans - Your New Cuckoo (Ian Pooley Dub). The other tracks I recognised that night were the ones I already owned on vinyl myself
Pilgrimage - Land Of Ecstasy - Junior Vasquez Dub
Nalin & Kane - Talkin About - Bruce Norris Remix
Three Drives On A Vinyl - Greece 2000
and possibly
Starecase - Fanblade
Comment
-
Re: Sasha / Paul Oakenfold Stars X2 1999
Your welcome. I was playing this morning and recognised the long lost Elisium track which i've spent 15 Years pursuing lol.
I believe it's on Dave Seaman's Renaissance Master Series Three - Desire but i've never heard it.
This set is similar to the one on my tape which Simon R has and which I want back ASAP hint hint.
It was broadcast on the Essential Selection on the Friday night half hour slot which was part of the
eight hours which Radio One has in their archives somewhere and which they recorded at Twilo.
Simon R also has my half hour Digweed set from the same night which is banging and was broadcast
the following night on Danny Rampling's Saturday night show and which does not exist anywhere on the internet
It was supposed to be a Two Hour Essential Mix but it got shelved in favour of the above
Digweed mix contains:
First Light - Atlas http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQ23wvsg1Qk
Strada - CSI
Mirage - Syrus
and two stunning tracks by Arcus?
I really, really, wish John would air this set from his archives. It's my favorite of his
probably from all of time lolComment
-
Re: Sasha / Paul Oakenfold Stars X2 1999
Yeah its listed as Elisium - Part 1l.
I believe it's on Dave Seaman's Renaissance Master Series Three - Desire but i've never heard it.Originally posted by res0nat0rOK Lets All Stroke Ron Pauls Cock On 3!
Comment
-
Re: Sasha / Paul Oakenfold Stars X2 1999
Will try and rip when I've sorted out my living room - got that Technics cassette deck, so can put on mini-disc and try from there or see if it will do it via my amp once I've re-assmbled.
This set is similar to the one on my tape which Simon R has and which I want back ASAP hint hint.
It was broadcast on the Essential Selection on the Friday night half hour slot which was part of the
eight hours which Radio One has in their archives somewhere and which they recorded at Twilo.
Simon R also has my half hour Digweed set from the same night which is banging and was broadcast
the following night on Danny Rampling's Saturday night show and which does not exist anywhere on the internet
It was supposed to be a Two Hour Essential Mix but it got shelved in favour of the above
Digweed mix contains:
First Light - Atlas http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQ23wvsg1Qk
Strada - CSI
Mirage - Syrus
and two stunning tracks by Arcus?
I really, really, wish John would air this set from his archives. It's my favorite of his
probably from all of time lol
... just need to find a long mis-placed cambridge audio lead
sigpicSimonR
This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.Comment
Today's Birthdays
Collapse
[ms] Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 192,210
Posts: 1,238,525
Members: 53,135
Active Members: 31
Welcome to our newest member, jackfroster.


Comment