If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
I'm headed to grad school this fall. This summer I'm going on a school sponsored trip before classes starts. I have to sign up for a trip next week and I have decided to go somewhere in South America.
My options are: Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecudor, and Peru
My gut says Peru because of Machu Picchu, but besides that, my knowledge of the continent is rather limited. So any recommendations or advice regarding this list of countries would be appreciated.thanks, Michael
Last edited by pr0ficient; January 31, 2012, 05:07:35 PM.
It all depends on your budget buddy and also what type of trip you are looking for . If your looking for a adventure trip then Macchu Picchu is the place to go . While you are there you could also go to iquitos ( jungle part of Peru) and travel through the amazon river .
If you are looking for a relaxing trip Colombia and Brazil will provide you with great beaches .
Argentina is awesome due to their food ,Football games and their women
chile and ecuador they have some stuff but If i were you I would save it for a second trip .
chile and argentina could be nice. See the atacama desert and andes, maybe even snowboard/ski there. Head to the very tip, tierra del fuego(cape horn). Check out the penguins and maybe even take a cruise to Antarctica.
Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so.
-Bertrand Russell
TheOnecontainstheMany, and theManycontainstheOne: Sbando - You Will Be Missed. "Mankind has the propensity to fuck itself up on anything it lays its hands on."
Feather
"Who moderates this forum and makes these decisions? Stevie Wonder?"
Bob
"i'd give her a muscle she doesn't have"
the banned1
"I love you Illuminate... that's divine/creator/God in me loving the origin of you."
Thanks guys. Haziel, is Peru over-touristy...especially at those sights?
The trip is only 1-2 weeks and my budget is not a concern. Half of the trip is guided/group activities and the rest of the time I'll be on my own.
It depends on what time of year you are going to Peru ... Machu Picchu is one of the seven wonders of the world so it will definitely goign to have a lot of tourism going on... best time to go would be low season which is between dec and april .
Thanks everyone for the advice. They allow you to sign up for 3 locations given that space is very limited and your first two choices can easily fill up.
I've decided to go with 1.) Peru, 2.) Brazil, 3.) Argentina...in that order!
We process personal data about users of our site, through the use of cookies and other technologies, to deliver our services, personalize advertising, and to analyze site activity. We may share certain information about our users with our advertising and analytics partners. For additional details, refer to our Privacy Policy.
By clicking "I AGREE" below, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our personal data processing and cookie practices as described therein. You also acknowledge that this forum may be hosted outside your country and you consent to the collection, storage, and processing of your data in the country where this forum is hosted.
Comment