-Psynce-
If you don't like the current Digweed kiss sets anymore ...
Collapse
X
-
-
Hey,its not just old digweed kiss sets - check out the old guest mixes as well.There are some stellar ones out there.Just last week I was listening to Sean Cusick from Jan 2001,an absolutely brilliant breaksy,funk set.I've also been checking out Jerry Bonham from 2000 (IMO the best guest set ever),DJ CP,Fortier 2000,Van M 2000 and Deep Dish 2000.
I will readily admit I've gone off the show recently,I rarely listen anymore,not even to the guest mixes,just a combination of work,too tired,missus etc too bother.But he's still an excellent dj and i will probably splash out on fabric 20 when its releasedComment
-
^^ That Jimmy Van M guest mix in 2000 was MAH-SIVE!! So dark & dirty. The CP one was very good aswell.
Belgian Power!
-Psynce-Comment
-
-
Originally posted by GregWhelanHey,its not just old digweed kiss sets - check out the old guest mixes as well.There are some stellar ones out there.Just last week I was listening to Sean Cusick from Jan 2001,an absolutely brilliant breaksy,funk set.I've also been checking out Jerry Bonham from 2000 (IMO the best guest set ever),DJ CP,Fortier 2000,Van M 2000 and Deep Dish 2000.
I will readily admit I've gone off the show recently,I rarely listen anymore,not even to the guest mixes,just a combination of work,too tired,missus etc too bother.But he's still an excellent dj and i will probably splash out on fabric 20 when its released
I believe the opening show Deep Dish & Diggers at bedrock is one of the best sets ever.
When Datar - B gets played I'm speechless :oComment
-
eh, i have to say i def liked the older ones more beacuse almost every track was great, esp from the begining. The sets now are so so but there are some good tracks throughout them. Maybe not from start to finish but there is always something tasty in there.Comment
-
Re: If you don't like the current Digweed kiss sets anymore
I enjoy all of digweed sets, more than certain guests...
I always listen to all the old ones I have. ONe in particular I have that I listen to often is his 31 August 2002. wondering about the first track? Was it ever properly released? Also, track 7 IS FUCKING HUGE! I've never been able to locate this...EVER!!!!!!
01 Tonedepth - Rumble Fish (7am mix)
02 Alaska Soul - Wonderful (
03 Planet Funk - Rosa blu (Planet Funks Club mix) [bustin' Loose promo]
04 Chris Coco - Only Love
05 Anarcruasan - In my Mind (MAS Collective mix)
06 Bebel Gilberto - So Nice (Layo & Bushwacka remix)
07 This Mortal Coil - Come Here My Love [Perpetual]
08 R J Project - What Colour [Hooj]Comment
-
Re: If you don't like the current Digweed kiss sets anymore
I too have become quite unimpressed by digweed's track selection, but as of late he has started to gain my attention again with all of december 2004 being awesome...
keep in mind how hard it probably is to turn out a good 60 minute mix every week and still keep it interesting everytime...Comment
-
Re: If you don't like the current Digweed kiss sets anymore
I personally haven't cared for Digweed's sets as of late...it seems that he's playing a lot more "electro" sounding house, which really gets on my nerves...Some dj's to look out for are Nick and John Dalagelis....but, to each his own....Glenn Okada (www.glennokada.com)
"...without struggle, there is no progress."
Comment
-
BureOne - that above set is pretty good.And I saw This Mortal Coil track in a record shop once,cant remember which ,but at least it exists.
Just to clarify - the first ever show was a digweed guest mix,then deep dish from bedrock - NOT digweed and deep dish from bedrock as mentioned.Comment
-
yeah, that part of the set isnt so good at all, and as i heard, there wasnt enough people on the party for digweed to play the best set, like there was something missing in the air.
but all that i just heard. :wink:I take Viagra and Prozac together. If I can't get it up, I don't care.
Comment
Today's Birthdays
Collapse
[ms] Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 192,208
Posts: 1,238,520
Members: 53,135
Active Members: 33
Welcome to our newest member, jackfroster.


Comment