If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Hey guys, looks like Digweed will now be in Jacksonville, Florida, USA at PLUSH, less than 2 months after Sasha. Interesting, considering that the club is pretty crappy. Either way I'll be there though - can't wait!!!!
Note that after I created this topic, John changed the date on his website to August 10, 2012. His site initially said August 6, but it has now been changed to August 10. If a mod can change the name of the topic to reflect John's change, I'd appreciate it.
Re: John Digweed - PLUSH Jacksonville, August 6, 2012
i beleive it, the tampa show was avg at best. Jax is just way to far to drive...wish they would at least book something in otown. I dont mind making that drive.
Re: John Digweed - PLUSH Jacksonville, August 6, 2012
We don't really have a venue for that here anymore.
The last show Sasha & Digweed did here in Orlando was pretty lame. House of Blues.
Shitty crowd, shitty sound system (wasn't even loud). S&D played awesome music, but there wasn't any vibe. Plus, they let 18 year olds in. I ran into some of the high school kids I coach.
Re: John Digweed - PLUSH Jacksonville, August 6, 2012
i was at that show at HOB, and it was pretty weak.
Way Way back in the day they played an all time classic show at Hard Rock in orlando. I believe it was a pre-delta heavy gig....fall 2001 maybe. that was still till this day one of the best club nights i have been too. of course all vinyl too.
Re: John Digweed - PLUSH Jacksonville, August 6, 2012
Originally posted by chuckc
i was at that show at HOB, and it was pretty weak.
Way Way back in the day they played an all time classic show at Hard Rock in orlando. I believe it was a pre-delta heavy gig....fall 2001 maybe. that was still till this day one of the best club nights i have been too. of course all vinyl too.
I was at that event. It was pretty good. I've seen much better from them, but it was an awesome night for sure.
Re: John Digweed - PLUSH Jacksonville, August 6, 2012
Sasha's performance at PLUSH in Jacksonville last month wasn't really that bad. The fact that he came on at about 2:15-2:30AM and played for a little over an hour, when the flyer claiming an "extended set," was quite disappointing. That and the fact that there was vomit on the dance floor and generally filth and lots of cigarette smoke around the club was also disheartening. That being said, again, Sasha's set was actually pretty good.
I'm looking forward to Digweed's set here for sure. Although we can't buy tickets, the date was changed on John's website to match the presumptive website for ticket purchase, which is August 10th. As the original post says, as soon as I get flyer info and/or ticket purchase info, I will post it.
Re: John Digweed - PLUSH Jacksonville, August 6, 2012
Yeah, I agree Plush was a dirty venue. What do you expect in a strip mall?
Sasha being so late was also a disappointment, especially when I had a lot of friends there and we all had to travel a long way.
But it was a very good set. We had a really good time.
Last edited by subterFUSE; July 18, 2012, 06:39:05 PM.
Re: John Digweed - PLUSH Jacksonville, August 6, 2012
So... there's a flyer of his show on the 9th in Miami and a flyer on his show with Tenaglia in NYC on the 11th, but still no flyer for his Jacksonville show
In fact, on his facebook page, it doesn't even list that he's playing in Jacksonville - it says Miami on the 9th and NYC on the 10th, nothing on the 11th. On johndigweed.com it has Miami on 9th, Jacksonville on 10th, and NYC on 11th, and that combined with the fact that tickets are on sale makes me think there's a mistake on his fb page.
Re: John Digweed - PLUSH Jacksonville, August 6, 2012
Originally posted by sakio pod
How's the sound system in this place?? Must be pretty good if digs will play there, looks like it hold 1500 people?
I'm not gonna lie, although the venue is pretty dirty and somewhat trashy, the soundsystem is pretty rockin. Ear-bleeding level volumes were present near the speakers during the Sasha show in June. The mids and highs seemed a bit high at times but the volume was massive.
1500 seems like way too much, perhaps it could theoretically hold that many but with Sasha there were never more than maybe 150-200 people max I'd say.
Re: John Digweed - PLUSH Jacksonville, August 6, 2012
I would be very surprised if Digweed didn't do sound checks etc. He was totally in control last time he was here. Which is really good thing !!
Originally posted by TheVrk
it IS incredible isn't it??
STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
Simply does not get any better than Hernan
We process personal data about users of our site, through the use of cookies and other technologies, to deliver our services, personalize advertising, and to analyze site activity. We may share certain information about our users with our advertising and analytics partners. For additional details, refer to our Privacy Policy.
By clicking "I AGREE" below, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our personal data processing and cookie practices as described therein. You also acknowledge that this forum may be hosted outside your country and you consent to the collection, storage, and processing of your data in the country where this forum is hosted.
Comment