If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
^Toronto got released as 3 separate mixes and should be easy to find. I have the Toronto mix and also the Dubfire and Sharam afterclub mixes. All 3 releases are 2 discs each.
If the link above is the same as these 3 releases you should be able to find it easy.
It's really FAST for my tastes, now. But every GU up to 2005 circa is a classic on its own. I liked Darren Emerson's too.
His Uruguay mix was and still is one of my faves (besides his Cream separate mix)....Ron Trent's Altered States is one of the best tracks to close a mix!
His Uruguay mix was and still is one of my faves (besides his Cream separate mix)....Ron Trent's Altered States is one of the best tracks to close a mix!
the best thing about uruguay is the story of sasha being off his face in the sleeve notes
How many GUs got the plastic bag/bubble treatment, Simon? I have Tel Aviv and Nick Warren (003).
tbh i never heard Tel Aviv...as for Prague i believe it was Warren's worst comp...Oakey's Oslo is far superior for me (only the 1stCD)
Singapore was also a prime example....full of great tracks but the whole mix is weak.
The only ones who did not like were, 001 and 005 (Tony de vit)
the others almost all have something special,
not the last ones in the series, like Felix, layo, cox, and all that.
But the most I like is the 040. lol
^Toronto got released as 3 separate mixes and should be easy to find. I have the Toronto mix and also the Dubfire and Sharam afterclub mixes. All 3 releases are 2 discs each.
If the link above is the same as these 3 releases you should be able to find it easy.
I have all 3, and i know you'll agree with me on this: the afterclub mixes are way, way better than the actual GU itself. In fact, I'm almost wondering if they put the afterclub mixes together just because they knew they'd get slagged for releasing a bunch of old tunes on Toronto (i think Nothing and Work To do had been out for a loooong time . . . as well as that Meat Katie track, among others)
you could put an Emfire release on for 2 minutes and you would be a sleep before it finishes - Chunky
it's RA. they'd blow their load all over some stupid 20 minute loop of a snare if it had a quirky flange setting. - Tiddles
I have all 3, and i know you'll agree with me on this: the afterclub mixes are way, way better than the actual GU itself. In fact, I'm almost wondering if they put the afterclub mixes together just because they knew they'd get slagged for releasing a bunch of old tunes on Toronto (i think Nothing and Work To do had been out for a loooong time . . . as well as that Meat Katie track, among others)
Yes. I think the first discs from each of the after club mixes were the best from Toronto from what I remember.
Well - different people - different tastes =) for me Deep Dish GU's are the best of the whole series..i like these sets even more than Tenaglia ones.. classic deep,tribal and progressive house sounds that really got me into house to be honest..i like some of the rest,but they are way too trancey (Oakenfold,Sasha,Digweed,early Warren's GUs) or way too proggy (Howells) for may taste..Dave Seaman's GU 039 is really good,but sbando is right - u can find today a lot of great sets on soundcloud for free imo..
We process personal data about users of our site, through the use of cookies and other technologies, to deliver our services, personalize advertising, and to analyze site activity. We may share certain information about our users with our advertising and analytics partners. For additional details, refer to our Privacy Policy.
By clicking "I AGREE" below, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our personal data processing and cookie practices as described therein. You also acknowledge that this forum may be hosted outside your country and you consent to the collection, storage, and processing of your data in the country where this forum is hosted.
Comment