If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Well made movie, they did spend a lot on the effects and Clooney in a roll so different defo made it worth watching.....
if some of you found it difficult to keep up with Eternal Sunshine's bouncing back and forth, this one will do your head in, but its a love science fiction and its half decent...
though I think the ending and the involuntary conceptualization of the mysterious could have been directed upon better....
Jib says:
he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
Originally posted by ace_dl
Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me
it's a pretty straightforward movie.... wasn't too hard to grasp on, leaves a lot on the open mind to "imagine" .... and the fact that James Cameron had his hands in the effects made it so much better
Jib says:
he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
Originally posted by ace_dl
Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me
i just dont get it.......confused....they just staring to die, and the chick on there keep appearing all the time.......wtf......i will watch it again.....so i can clear my doubt
Some of you may be familiar with the original Solaris directed by
one of the greatest directors of all time, Andrei Tarkovsky. The
original was released in 1972, but the cinematography exceeds
most films released today. Of course, it is equally complicated
and lends itself to varied interpretation. But if your going to
take the time to watch this film, definitely watch the original. . .
I must say.. the lead female actor in that film was absolutely stunning..i watched it with my friend and we both thought she was beutiful..
I rarely say that about any girl...girls can be fucken hot and sexy but rarely like her...hmm thats what i thought anyway..
i liked the film...dunno why i just did.
YES
<3 <3 natasha mcelhone
i really loved solaris. cliff martinez did an incredible job on the soundtrack. i don't think it'll stand up to repeated watchings, though. some of the dialogue just sounds retarded if you stop and think about it.
cliff martinez did an incredible job on the soundtrack.
Hell yes! i just wanted to highlight this fact after seing the topic. The soundtrack is definitely worth your time :wink: the movie probably also, but u'd be better off just reading the book: not long and really interesting
they did a good job, but yes, go read the book. the movie makes more sense reading it first.
indeed. a great story by Stanislaw Lem.
check this review btw:
The great Russian experimental director Andrei Tarkovsky made an important film based on the novel which is considerably more confusing that the book. (For more information about Tarkovsky and his film, see http://skywalking.com/tarkovskyold/filmography.html. The pared-down 2002 version by Steven Soderbergh keeps amazingly close--for a Hollywood film--to Lem's original themes and ideas, but its emotional inertness (particularly on the part of George Clooney) prevents it from having the full effect intended. This is one case where reading the book before seeing the film may help you to experience the intended effect better. Perhaps Soderbergh remembered the anguish of Kelvin so clearly from his reading that he didn't realize the need to convey it more vividly to an audience that would not share the same memories.
I just found this old thread, but it struck a chord in me... I have a random fascination with this movie, I hated it in the theatre, but I watched it again on Cable with my subwoofer turned UP, and the music helped tell the story and convey the emotion so much more somehow. I still don't like the acting by clooney in the last scene of the film, but the movie has become more about being in this world without explanations filled with love, fear, desparation, and more depending on which character.
Also, Natasha McElhone has always been stunning and caught this gay boy's attention with her striking beauty... ever since the Truman Show I think... her eyes are just amazing... hiding secrets in there or sumthin
We process personal data about users of our site, through the use of cookies and other technologies, to deliver our services, personalize advertising, and to analyze site activity. We may share certain information about our users with our advertising and analytics partners. For additional details, refer to our Privacy Policy.
By clicking "I AGREE" below, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our personal data processing and cookie practices as described therein. You also acknowledge that this forum may be hosted outside your country and you consent to the collection, storage, and processing of your data in the country where this forum is hosted.
Comment