just got this album yesterday and it's bad ass. this is the digweed sound i have been waiting for
John Digweed live in?
Collapse
X
-
Re: John Digweed live in?
I'm going to create a 'Live In' playlist and go on a journey from Cordoba to Slovenia!Comment
-
Comment
-
Re: John Digweed live in?
I would only be able to listen to the London part. Digweed has always been one of my favorite DJs in the world, but I don't like the direction he has taken his peak hour sound as of late. I'm not a big fan of techno except perhaps in tiny doses. It's fine if you want to throw in a techno track here and there to have some variation.... but when you just play one after another after another it just bores the life out of me. I need some semblance of musicality, whether it's a groovy bassline, a vocal, or some melodic elements.
Now, that being said, I understand that this set was played to an eastern european crowd and, from what I can tell over my years of experience with this music, those people just don't have the same taste in music as people do in the UK. I guess my taste is more like the people attending the Live In London set.Comment
-
-
Re: John Digweed live in?
I hear you, his peak time can get pretty hard and tough with the techno, experienced that for myself at one of the Bedrock parties, I actually found it quite fatiguing!I would only be able to listen to the London part. Digweed has always been one of my favorite DJs in the world, but I don't like the direction he has taken his peak hour sound as of late. I'm not a big fan of techno except perhaps in tiny doses. It's fine if you want to throw in a techno track here and there to have some variation.... but when you just play one after another after another it just bores the life out of me. I need some semblance of musicality, whether it's a groovy bassline, a vocal, or some melodic elements.
Now, that being said, I understand that this set was played to an eastern european crowd and, from what I can tell over my years of experience with this music, those people just don't have the same taste in music as people do in the UK. I guess my taste is more like the people attending the Live In London set.
You might want to check out his latest Kiss live set from the boat. Digweed and Winks' sets were proper build ups.
i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music
Originally posted by Hoffa powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all landsOriginally posted by m1sT3rLOh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.
I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.Comment
-
Re: John Digweed live in?
I think that the techno or "hard"
is not the best part of digweed.
When He play that kind of stuff
is like a ball of incomprehensible
sounds and can be tiring to
hear and dance. A simple opinion,
I like the some techno stuff but not
all the time.Comment
-
Re: John Digweed live in?
Loving CD 2 up to and including the Coyu track!320 requesterComment
-
Re: John Digweed live in?
I'm glad I'm not alone in this.
I was getting worried that I'm too old for this stuff anymore. hahaComment
-
Re: John Digweed live in?
Depends if you've had a few glasses of wine, I played both CDs of a night time settled down with a nice bottle of vino, great stuff
Embrace the variety, Cordoba and CDs 1 & 2 of London are attuned to home listening, the other discs for the car / gym / walk to work as there's more pace to them.
Have to say Structures 1 & 2 still sound great at home.sigpicSimonR
This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.Comment
-
Re: John Digweed live in?
I think there's enough variety out there and this release completes the Digweed repertoire. If anything, I wish this was at least a 3 or 4 CD release with earlier discs leading to dancefloor demolishment.
If we ever get a full night of Bedrock that has him warm up, peak time, and end with the old school, I can hang up my dancing shoes.
i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music
Originally posted by Hoffa powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all landsOriginally posted by m1sT3rLOh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.
I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.Comment
-
Re: John Digweed live in?
Yup I can see Slovenia being good for a gym workout or a car drive.Depends if you've had a few glasses of wine, I played both CDs of a night time settled down with a nice bottle of vino, great stuff
Embrace the variety, Cordoba and CDs 1 & 2 of London are attuned to home listening, the other discs for the car / gym / walk to work as there's more pace to them.
Have to say Structures 1 & 2 still sound great at home.
Comment
Today's Birthdays
Collapse
[ms] Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 192,207
Posts: 1,238,511
Members: 53,135
Active Members: 32
Welcome to our newest member, jackfroster.




Comment