ENTER!!!
a night at ARC
Collapse
X
-
a night at ARC
Here's a nice stroll down memory lane for those of you who were lucky enough to go to ARC when it was still open. I just came across these great photos online and thought about sharing them with all of you.
ENTER!!!
Tags: None -
Re: a night at ARC
Excellent pics. remind me of when I was last there back when it was still Vinyl (2002).
Comment
-
ARC was extraordinary. Certainly very missed. Appart from Cielo, there doesn't seem to be any decent club in NYC these days, no?
wf"Wit is the epitaph of an emotion" - NietzscheComment
-
I have had so many great nights at Arc, espescially all of the Howells nights, as well as Lee Burridge and Deep Dish. The 112 nights was awesome as well. I miss that place. Nothing compares. I wish that it had never closed. At least I am saving miles on my car
dance like no one is watchingComment
-
I go a long was back with that old space, back when it was called "Shelter." NASA, Body & Soul, Shelter Saturday nights (aka Sunday afternoon) was about a deep as house music gets.
The NYC historical society should get a foot up their ass for this and Pallaidum getting torn down.
Beats are my crack.Comment
-
Thanks for those pics...damn do I miss that place! But one thing about em, Arc was way too dressed up that night. The true charm of the place was in those dark grungy nights, no decorations in sight, the place looks virtually like a warehouse and everyone is just dancing and sweating it out to the tunes.
I had no idea you were that old :wink: Loved those old shelter nights there, thinking bout B&S parties still leaves me speechless and NASA truly was something out of this world...back when even Moby played some wicked sets!Originally posted by Kobe
I go a long was back with that old space, back when it was called "Shelter." NASA, Body & Soul, Shelter Saturday nights (aka Sunday afternoon) was about a deep as house music gets.
The NYC historical society should get a foot up their ass for this and Pallaidum getting torn down.
and damn right bout the historical society...clubs around this country get no respect. Those were some damn groundbreaking locations that shouldn't have ever been turned into condos and NYU student dorms!"Work like you don't need the money.
Love like you've never been hurt.
Dance like nobody's watching.
Sing like nobody's listening.
Live like it's Heaven on Earth."Comment
-
I'm 31 dude!
I play off 25 really well.
Palladium in particular, I think some of the younger cats on this site would flip if they could have gone to a big party in that space, it was cavernous. The friggen back room was bigger than alot of clubs.Beats are my crack.Comment
-
Re: a night at ARC
great pic, thanks !!! i miss being able to walk their from my apt, heard some of the best music ever there especially when it was vinyl"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." - Abraham Lincoln
"the progressive sound will not come back because it's already here; you just need to search for it." - Mo ShicComment
-
Re: a night at ARC
That place was amazing...that fucking system was second only to Stereo in MTL. I wish that all the DT haters on this board ( especially the limey's) could have gone to one Be Yourself. They would be singing a different tune. Those DH parties were amazing also, I spent many a night in front of the DJ booth with that Masshole Mixwell.Jesus Votes RepublicanComment
Today's Birthdays
Collapse
[ms] Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 192,210
Posts: 1,238,525
Members: 53,135
Active Members: 32
Welcome to our newest member, jackfroster.


Comment