Sin City
Collapse
X
-
Re: Sin City
this may be the best analogy i have ever heard (or read, in this case).Originally posted by manboy -
Re: Sin City
OMG
I was a disbeliever but now stand corrected. This movie is stunning! It has
balls, it has vision, it's pure Sin City brought to the big screen.
Rodriguez with his violent humor and Frank Miller adding wicked
visual concepts really formed an extremely powerful duo. This movie looks
like nothing before, but it also got great script with lots of memorable lines.
The crew responsible for casting should be given tons of oscars or other sheah as they selected none other but the ones, that should be playing roles in Sin City. Mickey Rourke simply blew me away
Jesus I don't remember when I saw last so many big names playing episodes :P
Ah there is also kickass music, lots of trippy John Zornesque jazzy phucked up sounds
I love it.
I could write a lot more (e.g. mention the ridiculous amounts of beautiful women), but it really makes no sense - u have to see it for yourself.
This will surely be a clasic. Full stop
--The world is always three drinks behind--Comment
-
Re: Sin City
EASILY one of the most ground breaking, shocking and inventive movies ever made. I saw this movie a good 5 hours ago and even now I cannot stop thinking about it...it's that memorable. How this film got away with an R rating I will never understand. WARNING: if you are easily offended or grossed out, do not see this movie. Not 30 seconds goes by between the next naked hooker, beheading, mutilation, profanity, you name it...this movie is so over the top I'm at a loss for words to describe it. I'm not going to attempt an actual "review" because I think I need to see it again to really grasp all that it presents to you.
If you are at all interested in pulpy, dark, ultra-violent, yet freakishly funny movies GO SEE THIS ONE TOMORROW...NOW EVEN. Love it or hate...you will never forget it.Comment
-
Re: Sin City
HMMMMM Don't get out too much to the movies...believe that the price to watch a film (10$) is crazy...but may make an exception for this film....Comment
-
Re: Sin City
The movie was good. I didn't like the 1st story, but the second two were great. I can definitely see Tarantino's influence in the movie though. Wow! Jessica Alba... Hot, hot, hot!I am no cyberwhore...
http://www.myspace.com/zendobroComment
-
Re: Sin City
Amazing movie. I saw it last week and can't wait to own in on DVD. This movie isn't for everyone. It's definitely for the type of person that enjoys Tarantino movies.Never interrupt your enemy when he's making a mistake - Napoleon BonaparteComment
-
Re: Sin City
Tarantino only directed one sequence, that's why he is credited as "special guest director," instead of getting full credit. The scene where Dwight is talking to Jackie boy's dead body while he's driving down the road. When his slit throat keeps fucking up his talkng...that's it. Everything else is Rodriguez/Miller. But I can see what you mean. Alot of the scenes are Tarantino-esqe. Maybe Frank Miller was a big influence on him...they share a similar sick sense of humor.Comment
-
Re: Sin City
Care to explain how?? Kill Bill is a kung-fu revenge movie, Sin City is a comic book based action thriller. Where are the similarities??
Comment
-
Re: Sin City
This movie is weird but so fucking kicks ass man...Have to see it again to get a grip on the storyline I tell ya. Barely getting to grips with it.
For me it might very well be the ultimate movie...it's just so ?bercool!Blowkick visual & graphic design - No Civilization. Now With Broadband.
There are but three true sports -- bullfighting, mountain climbing, and motor-racing. The rest are merely games. -HemingwayComment
Today's Birthdays
Collapse
[ms] Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 192,205
Posts: 1,238,510
Members: 53,135
Active Members: 31
Welcome to our newest member, jackfroster.


Comment