How was WMC??
Collapse
X
-
Re: How was WMC??
Here's what I did at WMC:
Wed - Playstation party at Mansion with a bunch of DJs. Then skipped out and headed over to State to catch some of Lawler's set. My girl and I couldn't handle how hot it was in State.
Thur - Gabriel and Dresden at Rumi and not a bad set at all.
Fri - Bedrock party. Desyn and Luke Fair. Really enjoyed listening to Luke. Desyn was ok. Left before Hernan came on.
Sat - Ultra. Lawler was my favorite, Howells was great too. Watched Emerson and Morillo play some and enjoyed there sets too. Skipped around to catch a little of everyone. And finally, Sasha and Digweed at American Airlines. Thought Sasha kicked ass. Digweed, Hernan, JZ were ok. Unkle was boring. Heard boos at the end of his set.
I'd say Sasha and Lawler were my favorites. Howells was pretty good too.Never interrupt your enemy when he's making a mistake - Napoleon BonaparteComment
-
Re: How was WMC??
I agree. But, it was still a good time. Subliminal Sessions @ Space was awesome. Morillo and Nunez threw down ridiculous sets.Originally posted by code11Not as much fun as years past. I am still recovering and will post more later.
Also, Ali from DD playing alongside some guy with a saxophone....it was sick, definitely something they should do more often!
Biggest disappointment was the volume control at the Radio1 party(after 6pm). Apparently the cops made them turn it down. I stayed there all night last year but after a couple hours with with no loud music, I changed and went to the Pacha party. oh well.
Don't blame me, I'm just the messenger.Comment
-
Re: How was WMC??
Can't wait for next year to go down and meet everyone.
I told myself last year I would return with tracks, so this year I saved up and dropped $$ on gear.
Next year I hope to come down with tracks, and have some fun with everyone!
glad you guys had a blast.
and whatsup with that guy passed out on the beach?War is God's way of teaching Americans geography.
- Ambrose BierceComment
-
Re: How was WMC??
Sasha & John tagteamed the set, could you really tell who was playing what and when?Originally posted by superdaveAnd finally, Sasha and Digweed at American Airlines. Thought Sasha kicked ass. Digweed, Hernan, JZ were ok.A good shower head and my right hand - the two best lovers that I ever had.Comment
-
Re: How was WMC??
he probably heard the lavelle/unkle set at the AA arenaOriginally posted by lucasvickersand whatsup with that guy passed out on the beach?
Comment
-
Re: How was WMC??
Yes, it was pretty easy. When Sasha was up there alone by himself and Digweed was nowhere in sight then it was Sasha playing.Originally posted by skahoundSasha & John tagteamed the set, could you really tell who was playing what and when?Originally posted by superdaveAnd finally, Sasha and Digweed at American Airlines. Thought Sasha kicked ass. Digweed, Hernan, JZ were ok.
When they were usually up there together, no, I don't recall who was playing what. Didn't really give it much thought though.Never interrupt your enemy when he's making a mistake - Napoleon BonaparteComment
-
Re: How was WMC??
dude, thanks for keepin this alive and sharing your stories and photos. James LAvelle was such a dissapointment here in NYC also. You'd think Sasha would notice that and not share the bills with him anymore. He can really turn a "dancefloor" into a "standfloor."
The funniest post was "Jimmy Van M didn't show" LMAO. typical.
Keep 'em comin' guys...Peace.Comment
-
Re: How was WMC??
Overall, some of the best music I have ever heard. Nic Fanciulli at the lmr party thursday at spin was by far the biggest surpise of the week. Never seen him before, but will definitely take any chance I get to see him again. I still have that evil vocal "My washing machine isn't working, who fucked my washing machine?" repeating over and over in my head.
Anyone who went to Sasha and Digweed on sat will understand this. James Lavelle played the worst opening set I have ever heard in my life. I don't know what he was thinking or what drugs he was on, but I have never booed a dj off the stage before, but I definitely did that night. Crap music and practically no mixing, Digweed was back there with a strange look on his face. Zabiela and Hernan Cattaneo played a great first set, only to have Lavelle make almost the entire dance floor stand still bored right before S and D, but of course Sasha and Digweed came through in the clutch with 3 hours of mayhem. I only wish it was 9 hours long and at Space like two years ago.Comment
-
Re: How was WMC??
yep I was there. That location was sweet not to mention JZ & Burridge tearin it up too!!Originally posted by sammwalkDid anyone else go to Sasha's mansion party? He played a few, then Zabiela and Burridge were tearing it up. Really cool; had a great time there.Comment
-
Re: How was WMC??
YEP!! that was a real sasha and digweed show...the show at the aa areana this year was a joke.Originally posted by cltbdcentersnareI only wish it was 9 hours long and at Space like two years ago.
I mean who and the hell was the sound engineer for the show? Did anyone check the sound at all b4 the show...or did they just go for the cheapest way possible....sounded like crap when ur up in the seats....and of course if u hadd to piss u might as well forget about gettin back to the floor.
that show just pissed me off...just have the frikin show at space (21 and up)..alot less e-retards and dumb glow sticks......screw the arena bullShit
and one last thing....should have let hernan have his own set...he is deserving of that....he is not a warm up dj.
to me the crammed it together (less than 5hrs total for 5djs?????)
show should have started at 10 at the latest.
sorry, that event jsut really pissed me off...
Comment
-
Re: How was WMC??
umm. yes he is..he is deserving of that....he is not a warm up dj.dead, yet alive.Comment
Today's Birthdays
Collapse
[ms] Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 192,210
Posts: 1,238,525
Members: 53,135
Active Members: 32
Welcome to our newest member, jackfroster.



Comment