How was WMC??
Collapse
X
-
-
Re: How was WMC??
I couldn't walk alone even one fucking block without being accosted by spring break meathead types. Had to call my friend who was with me and insisted to him to walk me back to my hotel which was less than 2 blocks away. During the day it was okay probably cause there was a lot more people out but at night, the creepers were out.Originally posted by skahoundVery well put.Originally posted by headrushmusicThen they will have to ensure that record-industry people who fly into Miami from around the world won't have to deal with overzealous bouncers, drunk meatheads looking to kick some hapless guy's ass or molest various women, and velvet-rope bullshit.Comment
-
Re: How was WMC??
both articles were on point. they both echo my feelings about the conference this year.....Comment
-
Re: How was WMC??
You want me to kick all of their asses? They don't wanna mess with these pythons!Originally posted by Ariel Cybana
I couldn't walk alone even one fucking block without being accosted by spring break meathead types. Had to call my friend who was with me and insisted to him to walk me back to my hotel which was less than 2 blocks away. During the day it was okay probably cause there was a lot more people out but at night, the creepers were out.A good shower head and my right hand - the two best lovers that I ever had.Comment
-
Re: How was WMC??
you can be my bodyguard for next year if you like
yeah those guys need to get their ass kicked and they're the same guys you know no woman in her right mind would hook up with.Comment
-
Re: How was WMC??
The sad thing is that women do hook up with them. Fortunately for me it weeds out those 'i wanna date a bad boy who treats me like shit because i never knew my dad' girls. Bring on the intelligent, conversationalist, good sense of humour, goal-oriented, non-co-dependent, music loving females.Originally posted by Ariel Cybanaand they're the same guys you know no woman in her right mind would hook up with.A good shower head and my right hand - the two best lovers that I ever had.Comment
-
Re: How was WMC??
Like her:Originally posted by skahoundBring on the intelligent, conversationalist, good sense of humour, goal-oriented, non-co-dependent, music loving females.

mmmmmmmmmm... feeeeemaaaleComment
-
Re: How was WMC??
It's like I took a geltab and am staring at my Cyndi Lauper poster.Originally posted by picklemonkeyLike her:
mmmmmmmmmm... feeeeemaaaleA good shower head and my right hand - the two best lovers that I ever had.Comment
-
Comment
-
Re: How was WMC??
Here's what Steve Lawler thought of his party...
from his board...Well I'm sorry you are SO disappointed! I guess we can?t make it PERFECT all the time.
I won?t be doing a party at State again, so don't worry about that.
I'm sorry for the visuals they let me down MASSIVELY
I'm sorry for the heat, YES the club did turn the aircon off, they also never let us use the nitrogen cannons that were there (which also cool everyone down) on the night they told me 'oh sorry we cant find the key!'
I?m NOT sorry for my music! I played all the records that I'm loving right now, and I know I didn?t do any BAD mixes as you said? I had no booth problems.
All in all I thought the party was a good party BUT yes we had many problems on the night.. i.e. there being to many people let into the club, no air con, no nitrogen cannons, no visuals.
Let me explain, out of all the DJ's that play at conference I and DT are the ONLY dj's that do our own party's everyone else plays for promoters.
This night has been worked on for 3 months and a lot of hard work goes into that. I felt let down from my team and I felt let down from the club.. The club fucked us big time! And as I said I wont be working with them again. I was finding out about all these problems whilst I was playing.. Finding out about people who had brought there tickets were having to wait because the club was full, found out about the WC's, found out about the air con, about the cannons.. And it was all really pissing me off. But my job was to play the music. And maybe I just couldn?t deliver like I usually do with all this shit in my head, and for that I apologise..
All in all.. I still didn?t think that this party was a big disappointment? You forgot to mention. How good the club looked! How great the crowd was! How amazing the sound was! How great the dancers looked! And how the crowd reacted at the end of the night.. ????
I'm sorry you were so disappointed.
and thankyou to everyone that attended YOU were AMAZING as ever.
Steve
FM
"Nowadays everyone is a fucking DJ." - Jack Dangers
What record did you loose your virginity to?
"I don't like having sex with music on- I find it distracting. And if it's a mix cd- forget it. I'm stopping to check the beat mixing in between tracks." - Tom Stephan
Download/Listen To My Mixes
Facebook!
A Journey Into Sound On MCast
Satisfaction guaranteed, or double your music back.Comment
-
Re: How was WMC??
^^ wow strong words from the man himself!... hopefully it will be at space next year and he'll be over the acid shiteComment
-
Re: How was WMC??
lawler
and bascially what i'm hearing from the people who say wmc wasn't up to par, are all complaining about the big prog/tribal/etc jocks shows, lawler, lavelle, ultra, and the like.
it's not wmc, your expectations are just built up too high for those kind of shows and their music is a let down, the party is a let down, the whole experience is a let down.
sort yourselves out with some banging german and detroit techno next time, and you're golden.
:wink:Comment
-
Re: How was WMC??
^^^^^^^^
or stick with Hernan and you wont be disappointed
Comment
-
Re: How was WMC??
yeah im kinda pissed i didn't get to see any techno acts... oh well
Comment
-
Re: How was WMC??
Originally posted by Jenks
sort yourselves out with some banging german and detroit techno next time, and you're golden.
:wink:
Do I sense a genre war impending?
haha, I love techno; I really do. But seriously: Did everyone quit using the Virus? Is a 303 the only synth left on earth?
(DEMF - or whatever it's called now - does techno right. It doesn't feel the same under palm trees.) It just seemed like this year was mostly the two extremes: robots and disco queens, with little in between. A few breaks parties, a few dnb parties, a few of the usual trance suspects, and a few "prog" parties, but not as deep as they used to be.
Ok, I'll quit whining. I'm obviously one of the only people who feels this way. :P It's my own fault for having to leave a day early, and actually sleeping a few times and missing parties I should not have missed. Next time, NO SLEEP 'TIL SATISFACTION!! (Or, maybe I'm just getting too old for this shit.)
peace
AmyComment
Today's Birthdays
Collapse
[ms] Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 192,209
Posts: 1,238,523
Members: 53,135
Active Members: 32
Welcome to our newest member, jackfroster.



Comment