Steve Porter on the Kiss Guest Mix
Collapse
X
-
Re: Steve Porter on the Kiss Guest Mix
Didn't hear those sets before Steve, and downing them now...tho the speed is not higher than 10 k/s, so guess it'll be an allnighter
Hope you also make it to Holland sometime soon...maybe the guys at the Melkweg, Panama or the Asta will get smart sometime and book you.Blowkick visual & graphic design - No Civilization. Now With Broadband.
There are but three true sports -- bullfighting, mountain climbing, and motor-racing. The rest are merely games. -HemingwayComment
-
Re: Steve Porter on the Kiss Guest Mix
ever since i heard homegrown, i've been a fan. great stuff. so is the mix on Kiss. thanks for the link to your sets sp. listening to them now. can't believe you played only love in your sf set....classicComment
-
Re: Steve Porter on the Kiss Guest Mix
I'm just comparing Porterhouse to your older mixes (Kiss FM 2001 & 03 amongst others) and productions, which I've always loved and still frequently listen to. Your djing style hasn't changed too significantly in my ears just the music you choose to make and play. I didn't mean to be disrespectful (or funny), for I've been a fan for many years. I 've just noticed the change over time and always wondered what made you shift to your current style of house.Originally posted by steve porterThanks for the love and feedback guys...... typical variety hour from yours truly I suppose. I've never had my djing style reffered to as "unfortunate" which is completely comical. Then again, as some of you may know, comedy is always around the corner
Anyways, just wanted to say hello and pass on my appreciation to the peeps
more fruit salad to come!
sp
Music is the answer, to your problems. Keep on movin', till you solve them.
sigpicComment
-
Re: Steve Porter on the Kiss Guest Mix
saw SP dj in Feb. and he was very good...crowd loved it...PORTERHOUSE=PARTYTIME!....Comment
-
Re: Steve Porter on the Kiss Guest Mix
Thanks for the link Mr Porter. Kiss Mix is solid (as usual). Any plans to come to DC? Haven't seen you around here in two years (last time was at Nation)... :?Comment
-
Re: Steve Porter on the Kiss Guest Mix
I hear ya Clint, I've very much come out of my shell in the last few years..... I've always had extremely diverse tastes, but it took me a while (still developing) to feel confident to start playing the spectrum of stuff I wantetd to... nobody said artist development was a pretty thing, but I sure as hell try to turn the funk out when I play these days..... as long as there's a sweaty, happy crowd, that's all that matters
preciate the love on the older mixes, and regarding DC, I've been back many times since Nation, club 5 and Andalu... probably be back very soon, maybe in June
rock onComment
-
Re: Steve Porter on the Kiss Guest Mix
when can we expect you on UK shores?black is the new black www.mercuryserver.comComment
-
Re: Steve Porter on the Kiss Guest Mix
Thanks mr. porter for the link.
I liked very much the kiss mix, and i?m also a very fun of your productions.
We are waitting for you in BUENOS AIRES, lot of people follow your work in there.
cheers and keep on the good work.PROGRESSIVE NEVER DIESComment
-
Re: Steve Porter on the Kiss Guest Mix
bahhhhhhh, it's all about the HDF I tell ya...Originally posted by steve porterI hear ya Clint, I've very much come out of my shell in the last few years..... I've always had extremely diverse tastes, but it took me a while (still developing) to feel confident to start playing the spectrum of stuff I wantetd to... nobody said artist development was a pretty thing, but I sure as hell try to turn the funk out when I play these days..... as long as there's a sweaty, happy crowd, that's all that matters
preciate the love on the older mixes, and regarding DC, I've been back many times since Nation, club 5 and Andalu... probably be back very soon, maybe in June
rock on
FM
"Nowadays everyone is a fucking DJ." - Jack Dangers
What record did you loose your virginity to?
"I don't like having sex with music on- I find it distracting. And if it's a mix cd- forget it. I'm stopping to check the beat mixing in between tracks." - Tom Stephan
Download/Listen To My Mixes
Facebook!
A Journey Into Sound On MCast
Satisfaction guaranteed, or double your music back.Comment
-
Re: Steve Porter on the Kiss Guest Mix
Well, even if people don't like the way you develop yourself (which is not the case with you as far as I can judge) I think it is most important to follow your own guts and stay true to what you believe in. There's always the fans that want you to keep repeating the same old trick (Clint, this does NOT refer to you mate). On a different level, I am pretty sure there is still a number of DJ's in the mainstream styles that play different records in their bedroom, but are making good bucks with what they do on stage. I couldn't imagine myself doing that (not that I'm on stage that often, lol), I have to 'feel' what I play, otherwise you'd get a dragon of a mix.Originally posted by steve porterI hear ya Clint, I've very much come out of my shell in the last few years..... I've always had extremely diverse tastes, but it took me a while (still developing) to feel confident to start playing the spectrum of stuff I wantetd to... nobody said artist development was a pretty thing, but I sure as hell try to turn the funk out when I play these days..... as long as there's a sweaty, happy crowd, that's all that matters
Blowkick visual & graphic design - No Civilization. Now With Broadband.
There are but three true sports -- bullfighting, mountain climbing, and motor-racing. The rest are merely games. -HemingwayComment
-
Re: Steve Porter on the Kiss Guest Mix
It's great to have the djs visit ms
I cant wait to see if i get to put my tracks up on the ms hosting service thats starting.
That was an awesome kiss100 mix steve, keep up the awesome work!
sheryarComment
Today's Birthdays
Collapse
[ms] Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 192,210
Posts: 1,238,525
Members: 53,135
Active Members: 32
Welcome to our newest member, jackfroster.


Comment