The following is the transcript of an ACTUAL radio conversation
in October 1995, between a US Navy ship and The British authorities,
near the coast of England. The transcript was released by the MoD on
10/10/95.
BRITISH: Please divert your course 15 degrees to the South, to avoid
collision
U.S.NAVY: Recommend you divert YOUR course 15 degrees to the North, to
avoid
a
collision
BRITISH: Negative. You will have to divert your course 15 degrees to the
South
to avoid a collision.
U.S.NAVY: This is the Captain of US Navy ship. I say again,divert YOUR
course.
BRITISH: Negative. I say again. You will have to divert your course.
U.S.NAVY: THIS IS THE AIRCRAFT CARRIER USS LINCOLN, THE SECOND
LARGEST
SHIP
IN
THE UNITED STATES' ATLANTIC FLEET. WE ARE ACCOMPANIED BY THREE
DESTROYERS,
THREE CRUISERS AND NUMEROUS SUPPORT VESSELS. I DEMAND THAT YOU
CHANGE
YOUR
COURSE 15 DEGREES NORTH. THAT'S 15 DEGREES NORTH,OR COUNTER
MEASURES
WILL BE
UNDERTAKEN TO ENSURE THE SAFETY OF THIS SHIP.
BRITISH: We are a lighthouse. Fuck off.


Comment