Americans!
Collapse
X
-
Re: Americans!
I love that, you ask someone if they ever go to clubs and they say "I would, but I can't stand that techno music." I always think "You wouldn't know real techno if you heard it."Originally posted by jeffrey collins
-
Re: Americans!
very dumb...you guys got some fuckin tards (chavs) over there too...Originally posted by MusicalJourneyI wouldn`t call tha ignorance.. just down right dumb if you ask me.Originally posted by peloquin"where are you from"
"London"
"London? Is that in France??"

Comment
-
Re: Americans!
Originally posted by _evangelion_I love that, you ask someone if they ever go to clubs and they say "I would, but I can't stand that techno music." I always think "You wouldn't know real techno if you heard it."
I for one am guilty of telling people I listen to techno.....but I don't think its such a bad thing. For more than one reason I choose to tell people I listen to "techno".... one I don't feel like explaining it. If I told them I listened to house and all its variants they just wouldn't get it or much less care. So.... techno=anything electronic. Fine by me I don't like explaining things to morons anyway. The second reason.... I'd rather them have the mindset that they don't like it. Keeps out the riff-raff.Originally posted by jeff collinsBut they also call every form of EDM that isn't rap...TECHNOComment
-
Re: Americans!
^^^as long as the world of EDM retains a fairly intelligent and forward-thinking mindset, you won't have to worry about riff-raff.
Stupidity is human, not American. We just package it and sell it, so it goes eveywhere else in the world. And guess why we're still in business? 'Cuz everybody else in the world eats that shit up! So quit complainin'.Comment
-
Re: Americans!
Being from the US, it's well known that most of the US is redneck, so it isn't shocking at all to see this type of ignorance. My buddy went to Mexico and was able to pick out all of the American tourists in an instant. Some of them actually had their names on their shirts, like "Bob" "Bob's wife" "Bob's son". He took a picture. I felt ill after seeing it. So yes, we're well aware of it too. If you ever get an opportunity, go to Disneyworld in Orlando and you'll see the cream of the crop.Comment
-
Re: Americans!
this coming from an ignorant New YorkerOriginally posted by drthundrBeing from the US, it's well known that most of the US is redneck, so it isn't shocking at all to see this type of ignorance.
Comment
-
Re: Americans!
^^^ And this coming from a person whose country is known more for its alcoholism than anything else.
Comment
-
Re: Americans!
Yeah I've got a buddy that plays out in columbus, and people are always coming up to him when he plays a night that he doesn't usually do, and they ask him to stop playing techno. He says he wants to bring in REAL Techno record and then immediately play it and say. NOW THAT'S TECHNO!!! And scare the living shit out of all those people.Originally posted by _evangelion_I love that, you ask someone if they ever go to clubs and they say "I would, but I can't stand that techno music." I always think "You wouldn't know real techno if you heard it."Originally posted by jeffrey collinsBut they also call every form of EDM that isn't rap...TECHNO..
Comment
-
Re: Americans!
I was that same way back in my uninitiated days. Electronic = techno. Then I started hearing people talk about house and I was like "You mean techo, right?" And they were like "No, house music." It's kinda funny because you could play these same people techno and they would still tell you to turn it off.
Comment
Today's Birthdays
Collapse
[ms] Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 192,210
Posts: 1,238,525
Members: 53,135
Active Members: 32
Welcome to our newest member, jackfroster.


Comment