thanks
Satellite Radio?
Collapse
X
-
Re: Satellite Radio?
I think there's been discussion on this on here before. From what I remember people haven't said very good things about the dance stations on Sirius. Most seem to prefer the ones available on XM. That may have changed though.A good shower head and my right hand - the two best lovers that I ever had. -
Re: Satellite Radio?
I have XM. There are three dance channels, with TheMove, channel 80 being the best. There isn't anything groundbreaking on there. It's fine to put on for background music. If you're into D Fuse he's got a show on there. It's half decent, but with the sets floating on the internet, i find it hard to even tune into the dance stations on satellite. The comedy, news, and sports are the best reason to get satellite. No commericals, always on. I like it. When i want to listen to dance music, i pop in a cd.Comment
-
Re: Satellite Radio?
This article lays it out for you.
It all depends on your taste. One isn't hipper than the other, that's like telling someone chocolate is better than vanilla.
Comment
-
Re: Satellite Radio?
One of my buddies has Sirius and loves it. I heard the dance stations on there and they got some decent music. Way better than what you hear on the radio IMO. When I get my next car, I plan to get Sirius and/or ipod (or something similar) cuz the music on the radio sucks!! Plus there is more variety of music and programming than on the radio. It's worth paying the subscription IMO.
If you're a Howard Stern fan, you'd want to get Sirius.Comment
-
-
Re: Satellite Radio?
I'm with you on that 100%. I used to think Satellite radio was the way to go... but lately I've started to realize that I haven't listened to nearly any CD in my car more than once. I just burn mp3 CDs packed full of 8 or so hours worth of [ms] member sets, recommendations, and [ms] hosted sets. By the time I finish each CD, I have at least 3 more similar CDs to burn... it never ends :?Originally posted by thezzappersatellite radio ---> no.
free internet ---> there ya go...
No reason to get Satellite radio. Instead, invest into a MP3 CD player and buy a spindle of CDs once every few months. This way you know what you're listening to, can listen again, can recommend, and it's also cheaper IMO.Comment
-
Re: Satellite Radio?
What kind of MP3 Cd car stereo do you have? I will probably just go with an Ipod adapter when i can find one for my car. I hate the adapter that transmits through the radio. That shit sucks.Originally posted by picklemonkeyI'm with you on that 100%. I used to think Satellite radio was the way to go... but lately I've started to realize that I haven't listened to nearly any CD in my car more than once. I just burn mp3 CDs packed full of 8 or so hours worth of [ms] member sets, recommendations, and [ms] hosted sets. By the time I finish each CD, I have at least 3 more similar CDs to burn... it never ends :?Originally posted by thezzappersatellite radio ---> no.
free internet ---> there ya go...
No reason to get Satellite radio. Instead, invest into a MP3 CD player and buy a spindle of CDs once every few months. This way you know what you're listening to, can listen again, can recommend, and it's also cheaper IMO.dance like no one is watchingComment
-
Re: Satellite Radio?
I've had my Kenwood for almost 4 years now. It's one of the best purchases I've ever made. I'm thinking of getting a new one now because Kenwood makes some that are iPod ready.Originally posted by MixwellWhat kind of MP3 Cd car stereo do you have? I will probably just go with an Ipod adapter when i can find one for my car. I hate the adapter that transmits through the radio. That shit sucks.
Anyone know if there's a head unit capable of reading DVD-R for audio?A good shower head and my right hand - the two best lovers that I ever had.Comment
-
Re: Satellite Radio?
yes they're available. not sure which brands, but i remember reading about them.Originally posted by skahoundable of reading DVD-R for audio?
the Acrua my girlfriend is getting has dvd audio and 5.1 from the factory.
gotta love technology.
for people who have other interests besides music, ie - news, sports, comedy, etc...satellite is the way to go.Originally posted by picklemonkeyNo reason to get Satellite radio.Comment
-
Re: Satellite Radio?
Completely forgot about that. That was a huge selling point of the TL when we were test driving, although my fiance couldn't give a shit about it.Originally posted by Jenksyes they're available. not sure which brands, but i remember reading about them.
the Acrua my girlfriend is getting has dvd audio and 5.1 from the factory.
gotta love technology.
A good shower head and my right hand - the two best lovers that I ever had.Comment
Today's Birthdays
Collapse
[ms] Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 192,206
Posts: 1,238,510
Members: 53,135
Active Members: 32
Welcome to our newest member, jackfroster.



Comment