Satellite Radio?
Collapse
X
-
Re: Satellite Radio?
I've had assorted Alpine head units for a while now, and I love 'em. I know Alpine makes DVD players too, just don't know specific models.Originally posted by skahound -
Re: Satellite Radio?
are you guys for real? they made a car MP3 DVD reader? i haven't even heard about a setup like that for a home system, let alone a car stereo. that's gotta be around 75 hours of music on on one disk! can i please have the brand and model number, if such a thing in fact exists?Comment
-
Re: Satellite Radio?
the home theater system I just bought has a DVD MP3 player... they've been around for a while. just about any DVD player out there anymore will play MP3s... I guess it's just a matter of whether it has an RCA/Digital Audio out or if you're forced to play it through your tv. the car ones exist, but are a little expensive.Originally posted by th33fare you guys for real? they made a car MP3 DVD reader? i haven't even heard about a setup like that for a home system, let alone a car stereo. that's gotta be around 75 hours of music on on one disk! can i please have the brand and model number, if such a thing in fact exists?Comment
-
Re: Satellite Radio?
I researched DVD players that would play MP3's burned on DVD-R's, and the only one I found that worked was an alpine DVD unit with the LCD screen, etc. As of about a year ago, there were no home DVD players that would play a DVD-MP3. It's definitely not a technical issue, but a software issue. Perhaps whoever supplies those chips finally put that capability into run of the mill dvd players. It would be worth checking out.Comment
-
Re: Satellite Radio?
First link in Google:
that article was written in 2000 and lists a few DVD/mp3 players. it's been out for a whileComment
-
Re: Satellite Radio?
yeha, Apex is definitely cheap... but you need to think that if the cheap guys can produce it, the quality peeps should have had the stuff going at the same time.
I doubt anyone from geek.com cares about brand name over functionality
Comment
Today's Birthdays
Collapse
[ms] Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 192,209
Posts: 1,238,523
Members: 53,135
Active Members: 32
Welcome to our newest member, jackfroster.


Comment